• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Most of my ( paid ) employment has been in male dominated fields. So I have alway seems myself as one of those women who get on better with men. i realised quite recently that most of those men were intact a bit odd, so I suspect its more a case of I get on with oddballs.
Which is why you get on so well with everyone on this forum...

I don't have any sane relatives!
So I see...

260px-Addams_Family_main_cast_1964.JPG

Sanity is all relative :p
'The whole world's queer except me and thee and I'm nowt so sure about thee'.

Pre-modern use of word 'queer' of course. I quite like the Scottish toast:

"Here's tae us. Wha's like us? Damn few, and they're a'deid."

Taught me by my Scots F-I-L. When he was educating me about Rabbie Burns. I miss him, great bloke, hidden depths.

'The whole world's queer except me and thee and I'm nowt so sure about thee'.

Pre-modern use of word 'queer' of course. I quite like the Scottish toast:

"Here's tae us. Wha's like us? Damn few, and they're a'deid."

Taught me by my Scots F-I-L. When he was educating me about Rabbie Burns. I miss him, great bloke, hidden depths.
Or in Witness Protection...

But enough about me....

Many years ago, when i worked in a pet supermatket, we hat to wear polo shirts with the shop name embroidered on the front, and a big advert for a well known pet food emblazoned on the back, along with name tags with the shop name in bold letters, it always used to make me laugh when people would approach me and ask 'excuse me do you work here?', as if i would wear the shirts if i didnt :oops:
Also years ago, I used to go in a pet shop regularly and the young gentleman in there seemed to have a crush on me. (A million years ago, this is). And I'd chat with him for a bit but it was a no go as I was already with Mr GITm in tow. This pet shop man (not boy) must have had some sort of work uniform on, thinking about it, because one day I was out n about somewhere not at all pet shop related, and bumped into this lad who clearly found me attractive, and I thought he was good looking, and just couldn't figure out who he was, to the point I thought "Oh I know, he's someone off the telly." I recognised him but couldn't think where from and where we lived there were a couple of TV studios nearby, so it wasn't unusual to be at a bus stop and see a familiar face from TV, etc.

Only thinking about it again much later I realised he was the lad from the pet shop. And there I'd been, thinking I was being chatted up by some "face" or other. Hadn't recognised him with his (own) clothes on.

Also years ago, I used to go in a pet shop regularly and the young gentleman in there seemed to have a crush on me. (A million years ago, this is). And I'd chat with him for a bit but it was a no go as I was already with Mr GITm in tow. This pet shop man (not boy) must have had some sort of work uniform on, thinking about it, because one day I was out n about somewhere not at all pet shop related, and bumped into this lad who clearly found me attractive, and I thought he was good looking, and just couldn't figure out who he was, to the point I thought "Oh I know, he's someone off the telly." I recognised him but couldn't think where from and where we lived there were a couple of TV studios nearby, so it wasn't unusual to be at a bus stop and see a familiar face from TV, etc.

Only thinking about it again much later I realised he was the lad from the pet shop. And there I'd been, thinking I was being chatted up by some "face" or other. Hadn't recognised him with his (own) clothes on.
Who wouldn't have a crush on you?
Marylin.jpg

A classic example of someone who feels wrong to me is Donald Trump. Whenever I see a picture of him my gut tells me he's all wrong, on so many levels.
I realize I’m five years late here but over the years he was in office the amount of people around him WITH DEAD EYES grew exponentially. This makes sense, I suppose, since he wouldn’t want anyone with a morals or ethics around him. Find those who swear he is God’s gift to man and check out their eyes. Dead. Dead. Dead. Check out his speech writer, Stephen Miller. This is sometimes called “that look you get when the cadaver dog lingers over your flower bed.”
1632351973349.jpeg

Last edited:
I realize I’m five years late here but over the years he was in office the amount of people around him WITH DEAD EYES grew exponentially. This makes sense, I suppose, since he wouldn’t want anyone with a morals or ethics around him. Find those who swear he is God’s gift to man and check out their eyes. Dead. Dead. Dead. Check out his speech writer, Stephen Miller. This is sometimes called “that look you get when the cadaver dog lingers over your flower bed.” View attachment 45460
We stumbled on a TikTok channel the other day, belonging to my neighbour referenced earlier in this thread. She seems to have made hundreds of dead eyed videos of her miming to various songs, looking straight into camera, usually only knowing half the words but continuing anyway, sometimes with childlike filters put over her face... Must be several hundred of these almost identical, soulless videos - and they seem to date back well over a year, persisting even though they never get a single comment... Little does she know, metres away, my kids (not under their actual names) make a fair bit of money with the odd viral (football) video, with views in the millions... (Most of it is moronic but much more sophisticated than a dead eyed weirdo stood dancing and miming in a bare room).

It seems odd to persist when she has no response.

During the recent Euros, she seems to have made quite a few videos with various "Engurland" filters splattered over her face, singing football songs from the 1990s - again, very deadpan, dead eyed - and there are a fair few where she has a split screen and reacts to the various personal tragedies/moneymaking attempts, of social influencers with emotive sob stories. Peculiar for a person being done for animal cruelty.

An old school friend of mine who was in the police used to do some bodyguarding of VIPS. Putin gave her the shivers: dead behind the eyes, she said. Apparently Princess Anne was lovely and very down to earth though.
Putin can make his eyes be lively OR dead and somehow that’s even more scary. There is a gif of him laughing jovially and then going straight-faced with dead fish eyes. Very chilling. But, honestly, I suspect he has no soul at all.

Putin. Scary. But he could be far worse than he is. The majority of Russians I've met (and I used to employ a software team over there) genuinely like him - they think he restored their pride after the embarrassment of Glasnost and the US's economic invasion.

It was quite fun going into the US after 9/11 when my passport was full of Russian visas. I believe i was let through only because I could name most of the then NY Yankees baseball team.

I realize I’m five years late here but over the years he was in office the amount of people around him WITH DEAD EYES grew exponentially. This makes sense, I suppose, since he wouldn’t want anyone with a morals or ethics around him. Find those who swear he is God’s gift to man and check out their eyes. Dead. Dead. Dead. Check out his speech writer, Stephen Miller. This is sometimes called “that look you get when the cadaver dog lingers over your flower bed.” View attachment 45460
I had a boss who looked exactly like that - he was a nightmare. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I was in a position to tell the guy to go boil his head. Whether the weird personal life he had to lead had something to do with it I don't know.

I had a boss who looked exactly like that - he was a nightmare. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I was in a position to tell the guy to go boil his head. Whether the weird personal life he had to lead had something to do with it I don't know.

I don't think some people can help it. (Think Toby from the US The Office)

Here's a podcast about an actor who Tom Hanks said had dead eyes.

https://headgum.com/dead-eyes

We stumbled on a TikTok channel the other day, belonging to my neighbour referenced earlier in this thread. She seems to have made hundreds of dead eyed videos of her miming to various songs, looking straight into camera, usually only knowing half the words but continuing anyway, sometimes with childlike filters put over her face... Must be several hundred of these almost identical, soulless videos - and they seem to date back well over a year, persisting even though they never get a single comment... Little does she know, metres away, my kids (not under their actual names) make a fair bit of money with the odd viral (football) video, with views in the millions... (Most of it is moronic but much more sophisticated than a dead eyed weirdo stood dancing and miming in a bare room).

It seems odd to persist when she has no response.

During the recent Euros, she seems to have made quite a few videos with various "Engurland" filters splattered over her face, singing football songs from the 1990s - again, very deadpan, dead eyed - and there are a fair few where she has a split screen and reacts to the various personal tragedies/moneymaking attempts, of social influencers with emotive sob stories. Peculiar for a person being done for animal cruelty.

Your description of her vids gave me the creeps.

Not in the same league as Escargot’s continuing bad experience but certainly a reflection of the fact that if you can’t choose your family you’ve even fewer options with work colleagues.

I started my present job at the same time as a woman who I always found unnerving and I’m not sure isn’t mildly sociopathic. Every thing about her life is wonderful all the time, everything that happens demonstrates her amazing good luck and she is permanently blessed with good fortune.

It might be that I find her off putting because of the wasteland of bitterness, disappointment and self-induced failure that is the background to my life, but she just seems so unlikely, it’s the human condition to have some sort of misfortune isn’t it? Or am I the only one?
Escette (daughter) was working with a woman whose life was the opposite - slight disability, house burned down, child absconded, burgled, car crashes etc - and was given huge amounts of sympathy and support.

Turned out it was all made up and everyone felt like RIGHT chumps. :chuckle:

Escette (daughter) was working with a woman whose life was the opposite - slight disability, house burned down, child absconded, burgled, car crashes etc - and was given huge amounts of sympathy and support.

Turned out it was all made up and everyone felt like RIGHT chumps. :chuckle:
I've known a couple of people like Sogna described. One was a Candide type (best of all possible worlds blah blah) and I honestly could not work out whether he was wholly lacking in perception to realise what was happening around him, or he had been brought up never to complain, or he kept everything internally. The other was a religious type and no matter what happened to her, and she went through some pretty traumatic events, God was looking after her, so everything was sweetness and light.

I find 'Go stick your head up a dead bear's bum' to be an entirely satisfactory phrase in such a case.

Back in the mid 1990s a girlfriend I had at the time told me a story about an experience had by her mother. She was sitting alone whilst using a laundrette in the mid 1970s when a man came in who she found really frightening. I don’t recall being told he said or did anything in particular that caused this reaction. I seem to remember that he might have just asked for directions and then left.

Within a few days she saw on the television news the same man had been arrested. This man was apparently the armed robber, multiple murderer and kidnapper Donald Neilson.

Many years later I was told another tale by an Australian colleague which really was a ‘people who should’ve felt wrong but didn’t’ type scenario.

She told me she was driving her first car when it broke down some distance from Perth. This was early to mid 1980s. Whilst stranded a couple passing by stopped and offered to help. The man managed to re start the car after some minutes whilst my colleague talked to his wife. She thanked them and went on her way. She later recognised the couple as serial killers David and Catherine Birnie when months later they were arrested for the murders of several young women.

Some years ago I was driving to a lecture at Teacher's college during the holidays as it was for extra qualifications.
My car broke down and as I didn't have a mobile at that time had to call the RACV from a phone box.
They were taking quite awhile and this man came up and offered to help me to get the car started.
I got a really creepy vibe from him, thanked him and said the RACV was coming.
Eventually they did arrive after ringing them again but a few weeks later the same man was on the news having kidnapped some woman whose car had broken down.

Back