• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

I did *not* fact check this:
1633199763911.png

Disgraced Priest Pocketed Church Funds To Host Drug-Fueled Sex Parties, Gay Orgies​

An Italian Roman Catholic priest has been placed under house arrest for allegedly pocketing nearly $120,000 in church funds and donations from parishioners to fund the lavish parties and gay orgies he hosted in his home, where drugs were also used and sold.
Investigations on Rev. Francesco Spagnesi, 40, of Prato, Italy, began after a tipster told police that the priest's roommate had imported a liter of the common date rape drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) from the Netherlands, the New York Post reported.
A subsequent raid at the home they shared saw police confiscate crack pipes homemade from bottles, which followed claims from two witnesses that the priest and his roommate made use of online dating sites to invite guests to their home.
Authorities are now in the process of interviewing 200 people claiming to have attended his parties in the last two years.

The disgraced Spagnesi used to be locally known for his inspiring homilies. He reportedly finds “fullness and a joy in making myself available to others." The suspect dropped out of medical school to join the priesthood at the age of 26, according to the New York Daily News.
Police investigations revealed a parish accountant recently discovered that the priest had withdrawn over $117,000 from the parish’s bank account, sparking suspicions the money was used to acquire the psychoactive drug GHB.
When the local bishop stepped in and removed Spagnesi's access to the funds, detectives say he began stealing money from mass collections and luring parishioners to donate more money by claiming he was advocating to raise aid for poor families, the Advocate noted.

Beloved in the community, Spagnesi managed to instantly raise thousands of dollars from the unsuspecting churchgoers, who have since slapped the priest with legal action, demanding their money back.
Some of them have given Spagnesi more than $1,700 in donations because the “young, educated and brilliant” priest was highly regarded and trusted by the community.
According to Spagnesi’s lawyer, Costanza Malerba, the priest has already admitted his guilt in supplying drugs to others at parties, noting his client is expected to admit misappropriating church funds soon. Charges are yet to be laid.
“The cocaine vortex swallowed me,” Spagnesi told the media on Wednesday. “The drug made me betray my parishioners, it made me tell lies, it made me take actions that I am ashamed of.”

The disgraced Spagnesi used to be locally known for his inspiring homilies. He reportedly finds “fullness and a joy in making myself available to others."
Well, no hypocrisy in that at any rate.

Seriously, drug addiction can lead a person to do awful things. Maybe he's just using drugs as an excuse, but some people get sucked under to incomprehensible depths.

Disgraced Priest Pocketed Church Funds To Host Drug-Fueled Sex Parties, Gay Orgies​

An Italian Roman Catholic priest has been placed under house arrest for allegedly pocketing nearly $120,000 in church funds and donations from parishioners to fund the lavish parties and gay orgies he hosted in his home, where drugs were also used and sold.
Investigations on Rev. Francesco Spagnesi, 40, of Prato, Italy, began after a tipster told police that the priest's roommate had imported a liter of the common date rape drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) from the Netherlands, the New York Post reported.
A subsequent raid at the home they shared saw police confiscate crack pipes homemade from bottles, which followed claims from two witnesses that the priest and his roommate made use of online dating sites to invite guests to their home.
Authorities are now in the process of interviewing 200 people claiming to have attended his parties in the last two years.

The disgraced Spagnesi used to be locally known for his inspiring homilies. He reportedly finds “fullness and a joy in making myself available to others." The suspect dropped out of medical school to join the priesthood at the age of 26, according to the New York Daily News.
Police investigations revealed a parish accountant recently discovered that the priest had withdrawn over $117,000 from the parish’s bank account, sparking suspicions the money was used to acquire the psychoactive drug GHB.
When the local bishop stepped in and removed Spagnesi's access to the funds, detectives say he began stealing money from mass collections and luring parishioners to donate more money by claiming he was advocating to raise aid for poor families, the Advocate noted.

Beloved in the community, Spagnesi managed to instantly raise thousands of dollars from the unsuspecting churchgoers, who have since slapped the priest with legal action, demanding their money back.
Some of them have given Spagnesi more than $1,700 in donations because the “young, educated and brilliant” priest was highly regarded and trusted by the community.
According to Spagnesi’s lawyer, Costanza Malerba, the priest has already admitted his guilt in supplying drugs to others at parties, noting his client is expected to admit misappropriating church funds soon. Charges are yet to be laid.
“The cocaine vortex swallowed me,” Spagnesi told the media on Wednesday. “The drug made me betray my parishioners, it made me tell lies, it made me take actions that I am ashamed of.”
Well, everybody needs a hobby...

He was 40 and a medical school drop out. so neither young, nor particularly educated, so I'd hazard a guess that his brilliance was probably entirely cocaine-sparkle.

Prince Tim, (not sure of his name - he's the balding one, not the other one who has pissed off the Queen), suggests we all need to try harder to combat climate change, he's flogging some tiny-funded green scheme that isn't going to do much.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-bbc-one-climate-change-documentary-earthshot

How about looking at changes you and your family can make Tim?

What about the Sovereign grant Tim? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Grant_Act_2011

https://www.lookers.co.uk/blog/favourite-cars-of-the-royal-family

royal-residences-map-royal-family-2847363.jpg

Last edited:
Is it true to reality when we see the programmes where kids in some schools like in Beverly Hills own top of the range cars, that are far more expensive than most, if not all of the teachers?
In the really nice parts of town? I guess you get some expensive cars (although my perspective on cars is that they're there to do work, and anything above $20k is indefensibly expensive and not to be taken seriously). So I guess it depends on how you define top of the range. Will they be better than the teachers'? I honestly didn't pay attention to the cars in the lot as a kid, and I don't know now, I'm really not the person to ask about that sort of culture

Wait until you hear the names of the bullies in this episode.

What's this about then?
Feli From Germany is the new name of a Youtube channel that used to be called German Girl in America. She makes pleasant and informative videos about her experiences when she came over to the US as a student, among other things. I watched one all about the real Octoberfest. Holy crap. Anyway, Feli has been bullied by some American assholes, and her response is the sort of thing that gives me hope for the human race, irrational as that may be. She holds her head up, works her ass off, and moves on with zero whining.

Certain Belgian anti-speeding radar / camera units can be flouted - if you are willing and able to drive insanely fast ...

Speed Defeats Belgian Photo Radar ...
Motorist in Belgium defeated speed camera by driving 190 MPH. ...

Motorists in Belgium can escape speed cameras by driving over 300km/h (186 MPH). Local media reported the fact in connection with the owner of a car suspected of traveling 306km/h (190 MPH) past a speed camera on the E313 near Bitsingen on October 18, 2020. The driver will not be prosecuted because the Securoad NK7 radar unit only has legal approval for estimating speeds up to 186 MPH, and the device does not bother photographing vehicles exceeding that speed.

FULL STORY: https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/70/7095.asp

Certain Belgian anti-speeding radar / camera units can be flouted - if you are willing and able to drive insanely fast ...

Motorists in Belgium can escape speed cameras by driving over 300km/h (186 MPH). Local media reported the fact in connection with the owner of a car suspected of traveling 306km/h (190 MPH) past a speed camera on the E313 near Bitsingen on October 18, 2020. The driver will not be prosecuted because the Securoad NK7 radar unit only has legal approval for estimating speeds up to 186 MPH, and the device does not bother photographing vehicles exceeding that speed.

Speeding fines are cheaper than funerals. :chuckle:

Don’t try it in the USA, though. Mythbusters debunked the tale that one could defeat US safety speed cameras by flooring it.

maximus otter

Back