• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Superstition

have high testosterone for a woman, and still do not shave my face.
And I must say, your beard looks fabulous :p

bearded-lady-concept-created-for-university-final-major-project-T3KEWR.jpg

There's an element of truth in this. A woman who works out a lot may produce a little bit of extra testosterone, which may cause an increase in body hair.
Nah, female athletes are not hairier than non-athletic women.

Nah, female athletes are not hairier than non-athletic women.
I didn't actually say that, did I?
I just said it may happen.

BTW, I've known one or two women who had/have more underarm hair than I've ever had.

BTW, I've known one or two women who had/have more underarm hair than I've ever had.

I'm probably one of those. It's genetic, nothing to do with exercise.

I knew a girl who was remarkably hairy, she used to be anorexic and apparently this can be a side effect of this.

I knew a girl who was remarkably hairy, she used to be anorexic and apparently this can be a side effect of this.
Yup, anorexia can trigger lanugo because it's one of the ways the body tries to keep warm when body fat levels are dangerously low.

Well, my crazy ass childhood gave me so much motivation - to not be that way. As in, extreme motivation :)
Yes, exercise, testosterone, and hairiness are linked; but at least for me, I have exercised my whole life, have high testosterone for a woman, and still do not shave my face.

I agree with Nosmo King - a lot of stuff is just to manipulate you into a certain behavior. The manipulation does not need to be fully consciously invented or acted upon to be real.
Like the old myth put about at our school 'sitting on the radiators will give you piles'.

For a start, most of us didn't even know what piles were at 12/13. It was just a way for teachers to stop us hanging around inside on freezing cold days and making us go and run about in the grounds.

Hmmm....

Attachments

• 1863753741_ed8aac18df_b.jpg
    1863753741_ed8aac18df_b.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 17
We were told we'd get chilblains if we sat on the radiators on cold days.

https://www.youtube.chttps://youtu.be/0CFuCYNx-1gom/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g&ab_channel=HAPPYSONGS

Very superstitious, Writing's on the wall, Very superstitious, Ladders bout' to fall, Thirteen month old baby, Broke the lookin' glass Seven years of bad luck, The good things in your past When you believe in things That you don't understand, Then you suffer, Superstition aint the way Hey Very superstitious, Wash your face and hands, Rid me of the problem, Do all that you can, Keep me in a daydream, Keep me goin' strong, You don't wanna save me, Sad is the soul When you believe in things That you don't understand, Then you suffer, Superstition ain't the way, Yeh, yeh Very superstitious, Nothin' more to say, Very superstitious, The devil's on his way, Thirteen month old baby, Broke the lookin' glass, Seven years of bad luck, Good things in your past When you believe in things That you don't understand, Then you suffer, Superstition ain't the way, No, no,

There's an older woman who shops at Morrisons in my home town who's got a full on beard and moustache .. I'm not talking a bit of hair, I mean her beard's about 4" long and clearly groomed Fair play to her for being proud of it IMO but you have to make a conscious effort to not be rude and stare at it.

There's an older woman who shops at Morrisons in my home town who's got a full on beard and moustache .. I'm not talking a bit of hair, I mean her beard's about 4" long and clearly groomed Fair play to her for being proud of it IMO but you have to make a conscious effort to not be rude and stare at it.
Some women have hirsutism. Some even have enough of it to join a circus.

Remember Balpreet Kaur, the female Sikh student with facial hair who was mocked on Reddit?

She responded with dignity and the person who posted her photo on the site apologised to her.
What a great example she set.

Balpreet Kaur, Sikh Woman, Receives Remarkable Apology From Redditor Who Posted Her Photo

Over the weekend, a Redditor with the username "european_douchebag" posted a photo of a college student named Balpreet Kaur to Reddit. Kaur, an Ohio State student and observant Sikh, does not trim her facial hair in accordance with her religion's beliefs.

Kaur discovered her newfound fame, when a friend showed her the picture. Despite having her privacy violated and her picture posted to the supposedly humorous r/funny subreddit for the world to discuss, the young woman's response was dignified, graceful and generous.

"When I die, no one is going to remember what I looked like, heck, my kids will forget my voice, and slowly, all physical memory will fade away," Kaur wrote. "However, my impact and legacy will remain: and, by not focusing on the physical beauty, I have time to cultivate those inner virtues and hopefully, focus my life on creating change and progress for this world in any way I can."

February 2nd, Groundhog Day, the groundhog named Phil in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania did not see his shadow and was not scared, so Spring will come early this year.

If he saw his shadow he would be scared and hide In his ground hole and Winter would last longer.

IIRC, the whole broken mirror=7 years bad luck comes from the days of the Venetian dominance in the glass-making industry. Apprentices who broke a mirror (one of the most expensive items) would have to work for free for seven years in order to repay the work.

Back