• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

What is it then? Asking as someone from North Kent.
Don’t ask me - the filmer just happened to catch it on video. My guess would be a plane - it starts off looking like it could be a rocket but changes direction.

It was the display motor glider Aerosparx Grob G109 (G-OFIX), which was flying in the area at the time.

90434_1470422767.jpg

Established in 2015, pilots Guy Westgate and Rob Barsby, regularly take to the skies in their Grob109b motor gliders. By day, they perform a formation flying display with aerial acrobatics, while at night they quite literally shine with their unique pyro fireworks display.

Based in the UK, AeroSPARX have had a busy few years captivating audiences across Europe, Asia and New Zealand, with many more fascinating locations lined up for the future.

There are hundreds of flying display acts world wide, but only about 200 formation teams. Only half of these perform formation aerobatics and only 6 of these teams fly with pyro.... only 1 team does it all at night - AerosSPARX are globally unique!

I took some pictures at sunrise and noticed one has a disc passing in front of the sun. Although it's likely to be a gull at that time of the morning.

Attachments

• sunrise1.jpg
    sunrise1.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 21
  • sunrise2.jpg
    sunrise2.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 19
I took some pictures at sunrise and noticed one has a disc passing in front of the sun. Although it's likely to be a gull at that time of the morning.
If it is a Gull flying much closer to the lens in the immediate foreground of the picture, why is it seen as being red - instead of in shadow -black?

If it is a Gull flying much closer to the lens in the immediate foreground of the picture, why is it seen as being red - instead of in shadow -black?
You can see that the edge of the Sun in that picture is also tinged with red. This implies that the edge of anything at that distance would appear red, perhaps because of diffraction or atmospheric perturbation. If the bird were larger or closer it would presumably display a black core, outlined with red, but because it is small we can only see the red fringe.
sunrise2.jpg

You can see that the edge of the Sun in that picture is also tinged with red. This implies that the edge of anything at that distance would appear red, perhaps because of diffraction or atmospheric perturbation. If the bird were larger or closer it would presumably display a black core, outlined with red, but because it is small we can only see the red fringe.
View attachment 47062
Ah, I see. Interesting though 'eburacum.'

Breda Holland. The link goes nowhere ...
ufo.jpg

Reactions: Jim
Just had a triple bunger.
Probably space excreta trying to find its way back to its master. It was so cool I actually whooped out loud. And I ain’t even merkan.

I’m out bush burning a campfire very illegally. I was watching the fire, facing west, and waiting for Moon to gtfoh. The popping sound in my right ear drew my gaze and there she blew. A triple meteor separating out by the parsec.

It was green. The bits disapparated very gradually. Which is what makes me think it was tin.

A spinning blue "orb" was observed over Alaska on 29 March. It's now been determined to have been the sun-illuminated fuel dump from a Chinese space launch.
Spinning orb of blue light streaks across sky above Alaska

Scientists have solved the mystery of a spinning orb of bluish light that slowly streaked across the sky above Alaska last month, stealing the show from the famous northern lights: The unusual ball was most likely debris from a Chinese rocket passing overhead.

Eyewitnesses across the state spotted the strange phenomenon March 29 at around 5 a.m. local time. ... The orb appeared much larger than a full moon and moved from the northeast to the southwest, he added.

An automatic camera trap captured images of the orb streaking in front of the northern lights ... The camera trap, operated by The Aurora Chasers ... Ronn Murray and Marketa Murray, a husband and wife duo in Fairbanks who run northern lights photography tours, takes regular photos of the sky every 45 seconds so people can experience the northern lights in close to real time. The camera took six photos of the orb, which suggests that it was visible for at least four and a half minutes. ...

The orb came and went without any real explanation. However, after analyzing the photos, scientists determined that the big blue ball was likely the result of a photobombing Chinese rocket.

"I am very confident that what people saw was the dumping of fuel from a Chinese rocket stage," Jonathan McDowell, an astronomer at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Massachusetts, told KUAC. The orb corresponded with the flight path of a Chinese rocket that was delivering two satellites into orbit ...

"This cloud is probably hundreds of miles across; that's why it looks so big," he added.

Other scientists agree with McDowell's explanation. "A glowing cloud of gas that was sunlit would look like that," Mark Conde, a physicist at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, told KUAC.

The orb seemed to be spinning because, when rockets dump their fuel, they enter a controlled tumble to maintain the rocket's orbit. ...

This is not the first time this phenomenon has happened. In October 2017, an even larger blue orb was seen in the sky above Siberia, according to Science Alert (opens in new tab). On that occasion, the frozen fuel was left by Russian military rocket tests in the area. ...
FULL STORY (With Photos): https://www.livescience.com/alaska-spinning-orb-of-light

This odd cloud over Lazy Mountain in Alaska prompted a number of suggested paranormal explanations until an official explanation was given. Thereafter, it continued to be the focus of naysaying conspiracy theories.

LazyMtn-AK-2204.jpg
Ominous cloud seen over Alaska sparks conspiracies. What’s the official explanation?

A large worm-like cloud materialized this week over Alaska’s Lazy Mountain, igniting conspiracy theories and prompting an investigation — and explanation — from Alaska State Troopers.

It happened around 7 a.m. Thursday, April 7 ...

Social media explanations included talk of an eruption, a crashing UFO and a Russian weapon linked to the ongoing conflict over Ukraine. ...

Rumors of a possible plane crash eventually caught the attention of Alaska State Troopers and the Alaska Rescue Coordination Center.

“There have been no reports of overdue aircraft or ELT activations indicating an aircraft crash. A rescue team on a helicopter flew a mission around the Lazy Mountain area this morning and located nothing suspicious and there were no signs of crashed aircraft,” Alaska State Troopers reported in a release. ...

Instead, officials offered a rather simple explanation for the jaw-dropping sight.

“Further investigation revealed that a large commercial jet was flying in that area around the time that the photos and video were taken. The aircraft was contacted and reported normal flight operations on its way to JFK airport in New York. Troopers believe that the photos and videos showed a contrail from the commercial jet combined with the rising sun which together caused the unique atmospheric sight.” ...
FULL STORY: https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article260230970.html

The popping sound in my right ear drew my gaze and there she blew. A triple meteor separating out by the parsec.
It was green. The bits disapparated very gradually. Which is what makes me think it was tin.
Green in meteor trails is often caused by the ionsation of oxygen; this is the same reason that most aurorae are green.

But other elements cause green meteors too, such as nickel, copper or magnesium.

Back