• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

The Ghost In The Invisible Bikini - 1966 horror comedy apparently ..

Just watched the first Conjuring film. Whilst I don’t think it ranks as the worst film ever made it leaves me with no desire to watch any of the others in the series / universe.

I've seen The Nun which I think is in the same "universe" and only sat through it because it was a watch party. Thought it was dreadful, many sections where like something from a shitty pop video. It's also like an idiot's version of "scary" or worse, what the director/producers think an idiotic audience's perception of "scary" is. Given the success of the franchise, they may well be right.

I've seen The Nun which I think is in the same "universe" and only sat through it because it was a watch party. Thought it was dreadful, many sections where like something from a shitty pop video. It's also like an idiot's version of "scary" or worse, what the director/producers think an idiotic audience's perception of "scary" is. Given the success of the franchise, they may well be right.
Agreed. Ooh look another bit where there is a jump scare, how clever!

The Ghost In The Invisible Bikini - 1966 horror comedy apparently ..

More a Beach Party movie (60s comedy and pop music franchise aimed at teens with Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello - usually). This was the last in the series and starred Tommy Kirk, who died a few weeks ago, but didn't come back as a ghost.

Just watched "The Deep House", had the makings of a great idea (submerged haunted house shenanigans) but ruined by terrible acting (especially by Micks son), terrible pacing, zero explanation, and a terrible ending. You could literally turn off the dialogue and follow along.

Did I mention it was terrible?

Just watched "The Deep House", had the makings of a great idea (submerged haunted house shenanigans) but ruined by terrible acting (especially by Micks son), terrible pacing, zero explanation, and a terrible ending. You could literally turn off the dialogue and follow along.

Did I mention it was terrible?

I think there was some explanation, through the photos and news clippings they found, also, the identity of their guide explained a lot. There were also occult links to the house and when you are in horror territory undead can sort of be taken for granted. Young Jagger was annoying, I felt like drowning him from early on in the film but I liked the effects and the cinematography.

More a Beach Party movie (60s comedy and pop music franchise aimed at teens with Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello - usually). This was the last in the series and starred Tommy Kirk, who died a few weeks ago, but didn't come back as a ghost.
That you know of...

Here's one that came up randomly in a thread on another board I frequent, that sounds like it's the kind of so bad it's good film MST3K thrives on: Night of the Lepus. It's a monster movie, and the monsters...are giant...killer...bunny wabbits! I mean, how could a concept that inherently ridiculous not be a hoot and a half? Just look at Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. Anyone here seen it and can confirm or deny?

PS It's of course possible it's been mentioned before, but no way can I recall 86 pages (for me) of terrible films.

Here's one that came up randomly in a thread on another board I frequent, that sounds like it's the kind of so bad it's good film MST3K thrives on: Night of the Lepus. It's a monster movie, and the monsters...are giant...killer...bunny wabbits! I mean, how could a concept that inherently ridiculous not be a hoot and a half? Just look at Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. Anyone here seen it and can confirm or deny?

PS It's of course possible it's been mentioned before, but no way can I recall 86 pages (for me) of terrible films.
A classic! And it has the immortal line "Attention! Attention! Ladies and gentlemen, attention! There is a herd of killer rabbits headed this way and we desperately need your help!"

Yes, I’ve witnessed this movie. Notably, it has Dr. McCoy in it.
I don’t think it’s a terrible film, it’s just that all the other ‘nature getting big and attacking humans’ animals had already been done in previous B movies.

Night of the Lepus was probably an influence on the trashy, but self-aware "Beasterday" (aka The Beaster Bunny")

beaster.JPG

I just watched The Last Boy. Dire. Hopeless acting, incoherent plot, terrible dialogue, and long stretches of nothing much happening. I don't know how I made it to the end.

I just watched The Last Boy. Dire. Hopeless acting, incoherent plot, terrible dialogue, and long stretches of nothing much happening. I don't know how I made it to the end.
You might also have at some stage previously been exposed to the suckfest that was 'MAMMA MIA!!' .. Meryl Streep pointlessly bursting into songs by ABBA about her illegitimate daughter .. all help lines do not exist anymore ..

Last edited:
You might also have at some stage previously been exposed to the suckfest that was 'MAMMA MIA!!' .. Meryl Streep pointlessly bursting into songs by ABBA about her illegitimate daughter .. all help lines do not exist anymore ..
It was complete cheese. I laughed all the way through.

It was complete cheese. I laughed all the way through.
It still hurts Mytho, it still hurts. Perhaps in 30 years time someone will make a film where some ex lad, now pensioner has a load of 20 year old girls turning up to his castle that's got a helicopter pad or something to sing loads of OASIS songs at him so they can work out how many of them are his daughter. With bad camera work and bad lighting.

Did you have the sound turned off?
It was in the cinema. A female friend had dragged me along.
The sound made it funnier. The bit where Pierce Brosnan tries to sing is comedy gold.

It still hurts Mytho, it still hurts. Perhaps in 30 years time someone will make a film where some ex lad, now pensioner has a load of 20 year old girls turning up to his castle with a helicopter pad or something to sing loads of OASIS songs at him so they can work out how many of them are his daughter. With bad camera work and bad lighting.
I'd be happy if a bunch of 20 year old girls turn up at my pad.
What's not to like? :chuckle:

It was in the cinema. A female friend had dragged me along.
The sound made it funnier. The bit where Pierce Brosnan tries to sing is comedy gold.
If by "comedy gold" you mean pointless ear grating shit? .. yes .. it was "comedy gold".

Mamma Mia! was a half hour romantic comedy strung out with ABBA's mostly annoying back catalogue. With the talent on show and a few more light hearted situations and misunderstandings, it could have been the romantic comedy to end them all. But, instead, it was just dire.

Musical theatre sucks! I just don't get it.

I know exactly how...

istockphoto-156806853-612x612.jpg

A lot of recent movies can lay claim to this.

Enormous budgets with full industry support and its still childish pablum.
That's far worse than say, a campy attention seeking Italian slasher made for buttons in the 70s or tax write off "once famous actor sitting in his living room reading directly from the script" style con job that saturated video stores in the 80s or guff such as the Room or Shark Exorcist which are barely even movies at all.

Take the 2016 Ghostbusters.

Enormous cost to film, ridiculous marketing budget and a director who sat and said improvise.
All those talented set artists, carpenters, editors etc and massive studio support and what was produced was so disgraceful Sony tried to cover it up by launching another expensive marketing campaign geared at inflaming controversy and seeking attention from the worst excesses of politicised internet culture.

Alien covenant is another example.
A bunch of barely conceived characters acting like total morons and a story that pays no attention to previous lore and literally makes no sense on any level.
Yes, it looked good but the money involved and what was produced is not compatible.

I have a problem with films, especially longer films, in that I don't really have much of an attention span, so I record films from the TV, then watch them in chunks of about 20 minutes or so.
So if I have recorded a film that I don't really have much knowledge of, but think that it should be good, I invoke my '20 minute rule', which basically means that if I watch up to the 20 minutes mark and I still don't really have much idea of what is going on, or the main characters haven't established themselves, or there isn't a compelling plot or story line of any sort, then there is very little chance of me continuing to watch it and it gets deleted.
Sometimes if I realise that a film is particularly turkeysome, then it's lucky if it makes it past the 10 minute mark!

I have a problem with films, especially longer films, in that I don't really have much of an attention span, so I record films from the TV, then watch them in chunks of about 20 minutes or so.
So if I have recorded a film that I don't really have much knowledge of, but think that it should be good, I invoke my '20 minute rule', which basically means that if I watch up to the 20 minutes mark and I still don't really have much idea of what is going on, or the main characters haven't established themselves, or there isn't a compelling plot or story line of any sort, then there is very little chance of me continuing to watch it and it gets deleted.
Sometimes if I realise that a film is particularly turkeysome, then it's lucky if it makes it past the 10 minute mark!
You're very patient, I have a "5 minute rule"! Sadly, that didn't work with The Last Boy, which had me intrigued at the beginning - by the time I realised how awful it was, a masochistic urge to get to the end had kicked in.

Back