• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Yowie

Yowies in Perth, Western Australia? This guy thinks so:
Every weekend Jason Heal scours bushland around Perth in search of a hairy sub-human cryptid.

Heal is part of a small but growing community of cryptozoologists hunting for Australia’s version of Bigfoot – the legendary yowie.

Born and bred in Subiaco, Mr Heal recently returned to Perth after living in Queensland for the past three decades where he claims he had dozens of hair-raising close encounters with yowie.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/communi...roof-yowies-exist-in-perth-bushland-c-3841377

He suggests the government is keeping the existence of the Yowie a secret as the truth would stop people from going out camping as they'd be too scared.

If the government announced its existence the tourist industry would have a boom. On the other hand, the government wants to suppress the information as they don't want to start a tourist 'gold rush" with the potential increase in bush fires.

Best to tread carefully when speculating about government involvement with cryptids as it can make you sound foolish either way.

He suggests the government is keeping the existence of the Yowie a secret as the truth would stop people from going out camping as they'd be too scared.

If the government announced its existence the tourist industry would have a boom. On the other hand, the government wants to suppress the information as they don't want to start a tourist 'gold rush" with the potential increase in bush fires.

Best to tread carefully when speculating about government involvement with cryptids as it can make you sound foolish either way.
I'd say anyone who would go camping surrounded by deadly snakes, spiders and crocodiles, has little to fear from the Yowie :p

I'd say anyone who would go camping surrounded by deadly snakes, spiders and crocodiles, has little to fear from the Yowie :p
As far as I can tell, British backpackers in Australia have more to fear from local humans.

As far as I can tell, British backpackers in Australia have more to fear from local humans.

There is some truth to that. I live not far from Belanglo State Forest (where Ivan Milat committed the backpacker murders) and it's a creepy place, even in broad daylight.

It's none of the above that should scare you about the outback or the bush, it's the invisible houses that should scare you senseless...
images-7.jpeg

So Yowies steer clear of humans yet he believes some backpacker disappearances are caused by the Yowie. Make your mind up....
Same with Bigfoot. It's reported in every continental US state and Canada but it's rare. Doesn't make sense unless it's a cultural explanation for the reports instead of a zoological one.

So Yowies steer clear of humans yet he believes some backpacker disappearances are caused by the Yowie. Make your mind up....
The disappearing backpackers are what happens when the Yowies don't manage to steer clear and a backpacker surprises one.

Are you aware of any reconstruction done, using the Pintubi skull or a replica?

Hmm, the article is bollocks right from the beginning. There is no people known as the Pintubi on the Darling River (which is in western NSW). The closest people is the Pintupi who live in the deserts straddling the NT & WA border, which is about 2,500 km from the Darling River. The Pintupi are most famous for being the last uncontacted nomadic people in Australia.

Are you aware of any reconstruction done, using the Pintubi skull or a replica?
No, but i was wondering the same thing. I ask Darren Naish, ace paleontologist about it and he said that he had no idea where the skull came from but it had nothing to do with Australian Aborigines.

Yowies caught on thermal camera?
If the sticks and things are being planted by yowies and not humans then it shows they have symbolic thought and understanding. This would mean they are more likely to be some kind of hominin rather than an ape

@lordmongrove
The Angela Ashton taken photo of the US bigfoot hugging a tree at the end of the second AYR video you have posted seems to be accepted as a bear. Apparently she didn't know AYR had used it in their video until after they did it. She never claimed it as a bigfoot in the first place. Someone called Karac St Laurant claimed the photo was faked by showing it next to a photo of someone in a bigfoot suit, but it turned out that he himself had altered the photo of a comparison photo to "show" that images could easily be faked by then using his own fake to allege that the Ashton photo had been faked, which it hadn't. Confused?! Just shows how the whole field is mired in odd
behaviour!

Here's the FB page of his allegation and (some) people understanding the truth, including Ashton herself:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFRO.group/permalink/10158920411040169/

and here's a Parabreakdown video with an explanation of Ashton's photo. He had earlier made a first video looking at her photo, but had got caught up in the confusion himself. The Parabreakdown guy looks at purported paranormal images and videos and usually debunks them with analysis.

As for the FLIR video taken by AYR, it seems as intriguing as any FLIR footage, but obviously you have to take their analysis at their word. Who knows how accurate or real it is? Very interesting though.

Last edited:
@lordmongrove
The Angela Ashton taken photo of the US bigfoot hugging a tree at the end of the second AYR video you have posted seems to be accepted as a bear. Apparently she didn't know AYR had used it in their video until after they did it. She never claimed it as a bigfoot in the first place. Someone called Karac St Laurant claimed the photo was faked by showing it next to a photo of someone in a bigfoot suit, but it turned out that he himself had altered the photo of a comparison photo to "show" that images could easily be faked by then using his own fake to allege that the Ashton photo had been faked, which it hadn't. Confused?! Just shows how the whole field is mired in odd
behaviour!

Here's the FB page of his allegation and (some) people understanding the truth, including Ashton herself:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFRO.group/permalink/10158920411040169/

and here's a Parabreakdown video with an explanation of Ashton's photo. He had earlier made a first video looking at her photo, but had got caught up in the confusion himself. The Parabreakdown guy looks at purported paranormal images and videos and usually debunks them with analysis.

As for the FLIR video taken by AYR, it seems as intriguing as any FLIR footage, but obviously you have to take their analysis at their word. Who knows how accurate or real it is? Very interesting though.
Thanks for the head's up on that. At least we know the Australian footage can't be bears! They do look big and bulky and the heads, from side on, look like a gorilla's. Are they yowies? I don't know. Lets hope they carry on their work.

Three men claim to see a Yowie in Queensland while driving home from work:

yowieqld.jpg

Three men share details of ‘yowie sighting’ in rural Queensland​

Three men in Queensland have claimed they came across a “yowie” while driving home from work.
The Courier Mail reported the three plantation workers were driving on Saturday, December 4, to the Jimna Base Camp when they allegedly spotted “slouched over figure” under a street light. The men said the figure noticed them and turned in their direction.

“We initially thought it was a boar or a really big animal until we got closer and saw it run off in a very apelike way,” Seamus FitzGerald said via the Brisbane publication, describing the mysterious figure as having “very long arms” and an “apelike” face.

“I’ve never really had a paranormal or strange experience like that before. I hardly slept that night and the feeling was overwhelming that I had seen something that I never believed in previously.”

Workmate Stirling Slocock-Bennett said the group was immediately confused when it crossed paths with the unknown entity.

“We were in utter disbelief of what we were seeing,” he said.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...d/news-story/a9c3629d4c171e8f31fcf038308eb426

Browsing elsewhere, I have just discovered this excellent little E-Book titled 'You Kids Count Your Shadows - Hairymen & Other Aboriginal Folklore In New South Wales'.
A re-telling of Aboriginal (First Nations people) encounters with Yowies, little hairy men, bunyips and other spiritual & supernatural beings.
At only 40 pages long, it's worth reading...

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/63034197/you-kids-count-your-shadows-digital

Last edited:
Back