• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Sir Walter Scott said what tangled webs we weave !
Given that I live not that far from Scott's home, at Abbotsford House... :cool:

I have recently posted some early, rare material pertaining to our ufological genesis and irrespective of whatever our personal take on it all, the one thing which I found particularly striking looking back through those early archives, was not only the endeavour to make some sense of it all, it was how little had changed since.

A NICAP newsletter from the 1950s, lamenting the lack of proof and urging a campaign for government disclosure, would still not look out of place now.

You are touching on other aspects which, similarly, I came across - never mind the 'flying saucers', what is the government really up to, secretly!

The following is something associated I kept on file - an advertisement from 1977. It's not concerning my personal thoughts on any related issues, only highlighting how this aspect has precedents way back...

Compress_20211026_064338_8050.jpg

Can we still buy a copy...?

:thought:

I'll check.... :)

That is based on our technology and our interpretation of physics.
Yes, it is. But there is no guarantee that new discoveries in physics and technology would make interstellar travel any easier.

Consider the Newtonian interpretation of physics. In that interpretation there is no absolute speed limit, and any spacecraft could have the potential for travelling much faster than light, assuming it had enough fuel and reaction mass. Einstein demonstrated this was incorrect, and thus made interstellar travel more problematic. Nothing can travel faster than light, and anything approaching c needs asymptotically large amounts of energy.

Assuming that we do discover new physics in the centuries to come, why should we assume that these discoveries make travel easier? There may be more obstacles on the way that we haven't detected yet.

Yes, it is. But there is no guarantee that new discoveries in physics and technology would make interstellar travel any easier.

Consider the Newtonian interpretation of physics. In that interpretation there is no absolute speed limit, and any spacecraft could have the potential for travelling much faster than light, assuming it had enough fuel and reaction mass. Einstein demonstrated this was incorrect, and thus made interstellar travel more problematic. Nothing can travel faster than light, and anything approaching c needs asymptotically large amounts of energy.

Assuming that we do discover new physics in the centuries to come, why should we assume that these discoveries make travel easier? There may be more obstacles on the way that we haven't detected yet.
True, but other alternatives might appear -- teleportation, for example. I think there are clues in what Vallee calls the "anti-physical" characteristics of some UFO reports -- two objects merging into one as in the Dr X case, for example. Even more radical interpretations of reality (e.g. virtual reality) might offer yet more answers. All theories have a limited life span, Newton's did very well but was overtaken by Einstein. And after Einstein?

You have to admire them though...

'The Secret Government', or whatever name they go by these days.

They have successfully covered up actual proof about the existence of 'flying saucers' since day one, a 'flying saucer' crash and recovered bodies at 'Roswell', reverse engineering of genuine - exactly as depicted in Billy Meir's copious photographs of same, as Lazar confirms, 'flying saucers' at Area 51 and countless other related manifestations.

They are good at their job and far too clever, always outsmarting the chasing pack.

There's no other explanation.

It's just that, the hell do I now do with this cassette recording, discovered earlier today in a clearout of old boxes:

Compress_20211026_185525_5427.jpg

Would have been acquired at a 'UFO Magazine (UK)' conference...circa 1980s(?).

Is it still valid, or what...? :cool:

Lately, Bill Nelson NASA director, has been on a one man crusade now claiming he is worried that UFOs could be our adversary and could be ruffling government feathers.

I hope he saved his money when he gets canned.

I am a “ hard core “ UFO believer so right on Bill.

Lately, Bill Nelson NASA director, has been on a one man crusade now claiming he is worried that UFOs could be our adversary and could be ruffling government feathers.

I hope he saved his money when he gets canned.

I am a “ hard core “ UFO believer so right on Bill.
If they are our adversaries, how come we're not all dead?

Actually Mythopoeika that is what Stanton Friedman asked.

Stanton said on Ancient Aliens in the past that if we are still alive, what do these UFOs want ?

Last edited:
Actually Mythopoeika that is what Stanton Friedman asked.

Stanton said on Ancient Aliens in the past that if we are still alive, what do these UFOs want ?
It is very disturbing how people seem to feel that if UFOs are ET (and that is still very much in the air) then they must be hostile and violent, as they were in 50s sf films. If they were, then I think we would no longer be here, or if we were, we wouldn't be in control any more.

Hernan Cortes came to the new world and slaughtered the Mayans.

Any one in absolute power will corrupt all the time.

We see it every day in business, government, and politics.

It is possible someone from not our planet might be OK, but I would be cautious.

I would love to see UFOs friendly, but do we really know ?

I would love to see UFOs friendly, but do we really know ?
If you’re talking about alien controlled craft above ordinary unidentified objects, they have to be proved to exist first. For example. Runaway children’s helium balloons are mostly harmless.

How can you discount thousands of reports from military people, pilots, and police that claim they have seen a UFO.

Case in point original astronaut Gordon Cooper claims his wing film of a UFO was taken from him in 1951 over Germany and in 1957 while over Alaska.

Gordon said men just took the film when he landed on both occasions.

As 'UFOs' are fundamentally a facet of human experience, if we weren't around they'd cease to exist.
An interesting perspective. All part of the show put on for our edification, maybe.

Chief Air Marshal Mel Hupfeld of the Royal Australian Air Force has stopped all investigations of UFOs in Australia.

Hupfeld has claimed Australia never did have a UFO problem, and investigation of UFOs is a waste of time and resources.

Hupfeld went on to say his pilots have never reported any UFOs.

Chief Air Marshal Mel Hupfeld of the Royal Australian Air Force has stopped all investigations of UFOs in Australia.

Hupfeld has claimed Australia never did have a UFO problem, and investigation of UFOs is a waste of time and resources.

Hupfeld went on to say his pilots have never reported any UFOs.
Interesting -- I can't offhand think of any Australian cases. Why some countries should have so few is an interesting question.

The Valentich disappearance, the Westall case and the 1947 sighting in Port Augusta have all been discussed in some detail on this forum. I would think that Australia has had quite a healthy number of UFO cases, to be honest.
It has ... There were several Australian UFO journals / newsletters, some of which are archived at AFU:

http://www.afu.se/afu2/?p=8597

The Westall School UFO comes to mind in Melbourne, Victoria on April 6, 1966.

Teachers and hundreds of students reported a UFO in the school yard and in later years produced many witnesses and a documentary.

I think the trick in the RAAF statement is that no RAAF pilot has report a UFO in recent years.

Maybe the RAAF pilots are afraid to talk ?

It seems pilots have a fear of reporting a UFO which would put their job in jeopardy.

It is rumored that the new U.S. Space Force does not want anything to do with UFOs because of the stigma of craziness attached to UFOs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Valentich disappearance, the Westall case and the 1947 sighting in Port Augusta have all been discussed in some detail on this forum. I would think that Australia has had quite a healthy number of UFO cases, to be honest.
The first case is very famous and of course controversial. They also had a series of alleged flying saucer nests back in the 60s and a few odd cases such as the alien DNA case. But given that, I still feel that there should have been a larger number of sightings overall.

The first case is very famous and of course controversial. They also had a series of alleged flying saucer nests back in the 60s and a few odd cases such as the alien DNA case. But given that, I still feel that there should have been a larger number of sightings overall.
The DNA one was weird but some post on it said he made up the story as he visiting Call girls ?

Supposedly all wreckage of the Roswell UFO crash ended up at Hanger 18 in Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.

Supposedly a big showdown in 1964 between Senator Barry Goldwater of Arizona and Air Force Chief General Curtis LeMay stopped Goldwater from entering Hanger 18.

To this day the Air Force insists there has never been a Hanger 18, but it was something the news media made up.

The Air Force says all buildings are numbered and there is building 18, but never a Hanger 18.

Then what was the argument with Barry Goldwater ?

Back