• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

British Bigfoot?

Well with me sat on 3/4 of a ton of horse meat my head would be 8/9 ft off the deck so from the right angle the horse being black as a coal hole and build like a brick bog if it was a bit misty you never know.

There were two blokes that had a horse and trap they would call at every pub, the horse would get them home they being senseless through drink, it, would come into the yard and they would fall out, one of us would see to the horse but sod them leave them in the gutter as long as the horse was ok I was happy.

There were two blokes that had a horse and trap they would call at every pub, the horse would get them home they being senseless through drink, it, would come into the yard and they would fall out, one of us would see to the horse but sod them leave them in the gutter as long as the horse was ok I was happy.
Isn't that the explanation for why many country lanes are so winding? Dead drunk farmers letting the horses take whatever route they fancied? :beer:

If you want the real reason it’s due to the roads running round the edges of the fields the fields had a drainage ditch so we’re two fields meet you have two close together and a dry bit in between so that’s we’re the road goes it may not be straight but it is the dry bit.

The Daily Star has an article with Lee Brickley claiming new evidence in Cannock Chase:

Daily Star
I live 8 minutes (on foot) from Gentleshaw common, i walk my dog on the common twice a day at least 5 days a week, early morning and at night. Its very popular with dog walkers. Its 90% open common, not many trees for anything large to hide in. Its not exactly remote either being 5 minutes from Burntwood. Its close to the main area of Cannock chase, castle ring is just up the road, but its surrounded by roads on all sides.
Deer yes, Wild boar yes, Wallabies yes. 8ft hairy Biped, no.

I live 8 minutes (on foot) from Gentleshaw common, i walk my dog on the common twice a day at least 5 days a week, early morning and at night. Its very popular with dog walkers. Its 90% open common, not many trees for anything large to hide in. Its not exactly remote either being 5 minutes from Burntwood. Its close to the main area of Cannock chase, castle ring is just up the road, but its surrounded by roads on all sides.
Deer yes, Wild boar yes, Wallabies yes. 8ft hairy Biped, no.
Well, if you bump into Mr Brickley can you ask him about this, his latest claims

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-saw-dead-people-aged-25460698

"I saw dead people aged 10 - and I've met the Black-Eyed Child and creepy man-monkey'

Well, if you bump into Mr Brickley can you ask him about this, his latest claims

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-saw-dead-people-aged-25460698

"I saw dead people aged 10 - and I've met the Black-Eyed Child and creepy man-monkey

I'll keep an eye out for him!
I'm walking the dog from shughborough to burntwood in the morning, pretty much all of the chase and the length of gentleshaw common, if I see anything bigger and hairier than myself i'll be sure to let Mr Brickley know.

I was once out in the wilds on horseback when Dylan the horse took a unusual
interest in a group of bushes, I rode over and a platoon of fully armed squaddie's
tumbled out, they didn't seem best pleased, we must have stumbled on some
exercise I would not have noticed but for the horse.
:omr:
Blimey, none of mine would have hung around long enough for anything to tumble out at us. They'd have been over the horizon, with or without me, at the first rustle of undergrowth.

Horses. Such vivid imaginations that they make Most Haunted look straitlaced.

Reactions: RaM
I just don't think there is enough unexplored space in the UK for a bigfoot to exist. In the USA/Canada maybe?
True.

At the moment I‘m reading Truth Proof 4 by Paul Sinclair about all manner of weirdness from the Yorkshire UK coast. If you believe Paul and the witnesses who confide in him then there is something paranormal going on as he has hairy humanoid/dog man/werewolf reports from the last 20-odd years and as recently as 2021:

These encounters are often found in association with glowing orbs, big cats, UFOs etc.

Interestingly, Paul has noted that many of these creature reports are in the vicinity of running water and there is also often a link to local folklore and/or place names

Last edited:
Got a lot of time for Paul Sinclair, listening to him you can tell he wants to get to the bottom of it all. Very good on Howard Hugh's show, get the feeling Howard is impressed by him to. And Paul could'nt get any more no nonsense Yorkshire if he stood there with a strong cup of tea in one hand a pint of Yorkshire Best in the other, a whippet by his feet, a ferret down his trousers and kept repeating "I'm from Yorkshire me" every 30 seconds.:bthumbup:

Got a lot of time for Paul Sinclair, listening to him you can tell he wants to get to the bottom of it all. Very good on Howard Hugh's show, get the feeling Howard is impressed by him to. And Paul could'nt get any more no nonsense Yorkshire if he stood there with a strong cup of tea in one hand a pint of Yorkshire Best in the other, a whippet by his feet, a ferret down his trousers and kept repeating "I'm from Yorkshire me" every 30 seconds.:bthumbup:
Unless he's got a flat cap on - he's no Yorkshireman...

Agree that Sinclair is a tremendous investigator, and has a work-ethic that's positively Stakhanovite.
Interestingly, Paul has noted that many of these creature reports are in the vicinity of running water and there is also often a link to local folklore and/or place names
Yes. This forms a part of my own ongoing research into the phenomenon.

Blimey, none of mine would have hung around long enough for anything to tumble out at us. They'd have been over the horizon, with or without me, at the first rustle of undergrowth.

Horses. Such vivid imaginations that they make Most Haunted look straitlaced.
Yep odd things horses, hunted animal, mine was near bomb proof but one day
he took exception to a block of concrete at the side of the road, a block we had
passed many times with not the slightest reaction, then this day he would not pass
near it, this went on for weeks then he just as suddenly forgot it.
strange.
:dunno:

I'm completely ignoring Pauline's for the purposes of what I'm looking into. There's loads in British folklore that correlates with the current fascination with Bigfeet.

Edit- bloody autocorrect. I meant Paulides.

Last edited:
I'm completely ignoring Pauline's for the purposes of what I'm looking into.
I'm with you on that, most Pauline's are a bit mmeehhh, although I did know one years ago who would do the most remarkable............oh I get what you're saying.... :cool:

Perhaps, rural Britain is covered in streams, especially somewhere like Yorkshire. However, i personally feel it is worth noting for the future
I agree. You would be hard pressed to find somewhere in Britain that is far from water. Having said that, wells and springs seem to attract weird stories.

I'm with you on that, most Pauline's are a bit mmeehhh, although I did know one years ago who would do the most remarkable............oh I get what you're saying.... :cool:
Combo of late night, lens-less, autocorrect hazard posting . Of course I meant Pauline.

I make this point as I've engaged with a number of such groups, and sadly anyone who questions is often as not banished. Facebook is a particularly polarised battleground, and just recently there was someone asking all the right questions...He made one or two eminently sensible observations on thread, and then was suddenly accused of being from the security services (yes, really) and promptly banned.
Just yesterday, this scenario played out. A tale in screenshots.
Screenshot_20220625-164446_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-051747_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-051855_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-051926_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-052007_Facebook.jpg

This is the kind of mentality with which we're dealing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-051926_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-051926_Facebook.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 19
Just watched the whole of 'Elusive' for the first time and I have to say it is a very good documentary. There are some powerful witness testimonies and interesting theories put forward. This forum's Lord Mongrove also puts in an appearance.

There are some good points put forward as to how wild the UK actually is compared with popular perception of an 'overpopulated island'. This has been discussed on this forum before, and the truth is that very little of the UK has been built upon. So, for example, would you believe me if I told you that the UK has more land taken up by peat bogs than urban areas?

"The atlas reveals that agricultural land used for animal grazing and growing crops makes up approximately 56 per cent of the country. It also shows that peat bogs (nine per cent) make up more of the UK than urban areas (six per cent)."

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/land-cover-atlas-uk-1.744440

Then you have the argument that even when we are out and about in the countryside we do so during daylight hours and rarely venture from established pathways. How many people are out after dark away from built-up areas at night? Very, very few: farmers and gamekeepers etc are not nocturnal and may be up at dawn or out after dark, but 1-4am...? Those whose job does keep them out overnight (such as lorry drivers) may travel through rural areas but they do so on well-used roads. This argument that the UK is wilder than commonly believed also applies to the possible existence of big cats as well as big hairy beasts/dog men etc.

Personally, I err towards the paranormal theory and I don't agree with all the suggestions and claims made in this documentary but I definitely recommend it.

I was thrown out of a British bigfoot FB group for suggesting that the sightings may have a number of explanations, I favour a psycho-social hypothesis, but as you say, the other members of the group are wedded to it being a real flesh, blood and bones hominid
I too was thrown out of a British Bigfoot group for challenging banishments and slandering members.

Back