• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Optical Illusions Thread

From today's French Quora:

This image contains three cats.
True or false?

View attachment 48166
I believe that's. . . "Quatre chats?"
Untitled.png

Last edited:
If I look at the centre of the 'ball' everything stops (almost), look away and off it goes again.
Look to the corners of the square and the effect speeds up. Notably, I notice that the illusionary 'background' images moving towards the right, and the center cone shape seems to move/rotate, ever-so-slightly to the left.

Look to the corners of the square and the effect speeds up. Notably, I notice the 'background' images moving towards the right, and the center cone shape seems to move/rotate, ever-so-slightly to the left.
Yes, and cone definitely moving left and background right.

This is one of the best I've seen in a while.

View attachment 51592

The blue lines are parallel.
My stepdad came up with a good one for this when I showed him on my laptop - he said as I turned the laptop away he could see the lines were parallel. Indeed if you turn the screen so you are looking at the image almost side on the lines resolve into being parallel.

My stepdad came up with a good one for this when I showed him on my laptop - he said as I turned the laptop away he could see the lines were parallel. Indeed if you turn the screen so you are looking at the image almost side on the lines resolve into being parallel.
Well I spent two minutes turning the screen all over and it still looks the same to me.

Ha. . . me too 'PeteByrdie!' (Unless it's maybe got something to do with the distance from screen as well?)
Ah, yes, I see it now. . . I'm testing it from a desk-top computer screen, and it works but from a greater distance, and a greater angle. Looking at a lap top screen it might be easier to get that effect!

Last edited:
Back