• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Body Modification (General; Miscellaneous)

'Stalking Cat' Daniel Avner found dead in apparent suicide after years of body modification to look like a feline
John Hall Wednesday 14 November 2012

A man who spent years modifying his face and body to look like a cat has died in an apparent suicide.
Daniel Avner, who was better known as Stalking Cat, was found dead in his Nevada home last week.
A blog post by his friend Shannon Larratt, the former editor and publisher of BMEzine said the 54-year-old had taken his own life.

The US Navy veteran underwent a series of surgical body modification procedures to make him look like a female cat.
Descended from Native Americans, Avner began his modification after a chief told him to “follow the ways of the tiger.” He subsequently went by his Native American name, Stalking Cat.
On his now defunct website, Avner said: “I am Huron and following a very old tradition have transformed myself into a tiger.”

Over the years Avner underwent a series of operations to alter his appearance, including bifurcation (the splitting of his upper lip), surgical ear pointing, silicone cheek and forehead implants, tooth sharpening and facial tattoos and piercings. He also grew and painted his fingernails to look like claws.

Despite his unusual appearance Avner maintained his job as a computer programmer, although he often made television appearances and starred in Ripley’s Believe it or Not! shows.

In her blog post, Ms Larratt described Avner as: 'a wonderful and complex person, he was at times as troubled as he was remarkable, and he recently took his own life at the age of 54.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 16569.html
Avner's friend Shannon Larratt is quoted here. Whoever wrote the piece assumed Larratt was female, which he wasnt. Sloppy.

Interestingly, Shannon Larratt himself succumbed to tubular aggregate myopathy in March 2013, possibly four months to the day after Avner's death.

I'd say the sloppy part was doing copy & paste from a blog, instead of talking to Larratt directly.

H8r.

;)

lf your far-from-daft approach were applied to quite a few of today’s outlying behaviours the seas would boil, the Internet would burn and Twitter would fall over. Best not, eh?

maximus otter

Brazilian bloke improves his appearance from

1625523078629.png

To

1625523078824.png

1625523078970.png

He's had a finger amputated for some reason

1625523079096.png

I think he's going for an orc from World of Warcraft look.

I wonder if he can remove any of that? A friend of mine has 'horns' that are screwed on to sub-dermal implants, the threads are exposed so she can swap them for different attachments. Or take them off and brush her hair over them.

I wonder if he can remove any of that? A friend of mine has 'horns' that are screwed on to sub-dermal implants, the threads are exposed so she can swap them for different attachments. Or take them off and brush her hair over them.
I dunno, what's wrong with good old hen-night deeley-boppers? :chuckle:

Here's a post of mine from 2013.
While real horns trump mere modifications, humans shouldn't have them.

I used to look after a cancer patient who had several little horns growing out of her head. They were about as big as the last joint of my little finger. Her scalp seemed tender to the touch.

She was brave and uncomplaining about her condition and always thanked the staff for whatever they did for her. I last saw her a couple of years ago and would imagine that she has died since then, poor lady.

some of these mods look incredibly painful.
The tattooed eyeballs especially. . . Even the thought of it knocks me sick. I know some elderly people have had to have a needle in the eye for glaucoma, I don't think I could handle that even though my sight would depend on it, never mind for cosmetic reasons.

You would think it would blind them , but it seems not too.

some of these mods look incredibly painful.
The tattooed eyeballs especially. . . Even the thought of it knocks me sick. I know some elderly people have had to have a needle in the eye for glaucoma, I don't think I could handle that even though my sight would depend on it, never mind for cosmetic reasons.

You would think it would blind them , but it seems not too.
I think they put themselves at great risk for scarring their eyeballs.

Another one.

From this, around 10 years ago,

1637671877104.png

To this.
1637671906647.png

1637671958714.png

1637671941975.png

A man dubbed the world’s “most modified man” has chopped off two of his fingers, turning his hand into a claw, as part of his bid to become a “black alien”.

Anthony Loffredo is hell-bent on his mission to transform his appearance, having already split his tongue, cut off his nose and covered himself in tattoos and piercings.

Anthony, who had his upper lip removed earlier this year, has been undergoing extreme body modifications for around a decade now, undergoing huge risks such as going blind whilst undergoing procedures like eyeball tattooing.

He also previously had both his ears surgically removed in order to look more extra-terrestrial and underwent tongue-splitting, it was reported.

The Frenchman has travelled far and wide for his various procedures, heading to Spain last year to have his nose surgically removed as the operation is illegal in his native country.

He has also had dermal implants put in his face, which gives his skin a bumpier texture and has created chiselled lines across his cheekbones.

Yes, of course the Hippocratic oath. `Do no Harm`

But since these sorts are probably determined to have such things done, best not to have them do it themselves or go to an underground doctor.

You could say that such people are mentally ill, but are they?

Eccentric is not the same as Ill.

Yes, of course the Hippocratic oath. `Do no Harm`

But since these sorts are probably determined to have such things done, best not to have them do it themselves or go to an underground doctor.

You could say that such people are mentally ill, but are they?

Eccentric is not the same as Ill.
Well, yes anyone can be considered eccentric. Some consider me such. But how far is a medically skilled person allowed to go in helping an eccentric person to hurt themselves. I've heard of voluntary amputations, for example - people whose body dysmorphism convinces then they are actually amputees' even though they aren't.

Back