• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Fair enough, although anyone can see that they are trying to contain the virus. I'm more intimated by people who don't social distance, wear masks in public, or rant on about the virus being fake or just like "flu" etc.
I haven't met anybody like that, but I guess you encounter them a lot more than most.

You've not met anyone who believes the virus is fake/just the flu/blown out of proportion???
Not met anybody who thinks that, sure.
Online, there are plenty.

Alex Jones has lost another lawsuit regarding the Sandy Hook shootings.

"US radio host and prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has lost another legal case after falsely calling a mass school shooting a "hoax".

Twenty children and six adults were shot dead at Sandy Hook elementary school in Connecticut in 2012.

But Mr Jones claimed the event had been made up by supporters of gun controls and the mainstream media.

He will now have to pay legal costs to the parents of two six-year-old boys killed in the attack.

Mr Jones has long claimed on his radio show and right-wing Infowars website that the attack at Sandy Hook was "completely fake" and a "giant hoax".
He has faced a slew of lawsuits from several parents of the victims. In response, he has acknowledged the shooting took place but denied wronging the families."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58771927

"US radio host and prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has lost another legal case after falsely calling a mass school shooting a "hoax".

Twenty children and six adults were shot dead at Sandy Hook elementary school in Connecticut in 2012.

But Mr Jones claimed the event had been made up by supporters of gun controls and the mainstream media.

He will now have to pay legal costs to the parents of two six-year-old boys killed in the attack.

Mr Jones has long claimed on his radio show and right-wing Infowars website that the attack at Sandy Hook was "completely fake" and a "giant hoax".
He has faced a slew of lawsuits from several parents of the victims. In response, he has acknowledged the shooting took place but denied wronging the families."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58771927
Clearly there are no limits to how stupid certain members of the human race can get.

Clearly there are no limits to how stupid certain members of the human race can get.
And he lost this one by ignoring the plaintiffs' request for documents. To actually be declared the loser by default you have to do this persistently - missing one deadline won't do it.

What an entertainer to the last. Entertainment, there.

And he lost this one by ignoring the plaintiffs' request for documents. To actually be declared the loser by default you have to do this persistently - missing one deadline won't do it.

I suspect this was strategic.
  • Keeps him out of the courtroom and removes the considerable chance of further self-incrimination.
  • Enables him to claim (falsely) that he was deprived of a fair hearing and that skullduggery was at play.
  • Puts an end to the flow of negative publicity on the Sandy Hook case. The opprobrium this generated put him beyond the pale with even those who are normally happy to tap into the significant income stream of insane theatrics (I don't believe he is insane at all--see below)
  • He very much has the money to pay for this.

I suspect this was strategic...

I'm pretty sure that, in English law, there's a pithy technical name for procrastination through inaction and the refusal to communicate - but I can't recall what it is. I'm in ongoing dispute with the landlords of the flat next to mine, and this is their sole tactic in addressing the issues involved. As a tactic it works surprisingly well in the short to medium term, and is incredibly infuriating - but as long as the plaintiff has the sand and the stamina, it will eventually fail. And it's not particularly clever...they're thick as shit, as well as obnoxious.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that, in English law, there's a pithy technical name for procrastination through inaction and the refusal to communicate - but I can't recall what it is. I'm in ongoing dispute with the landlords of the flat next to mine, and this is their sole tactic in addressing the issues involved. As a tactic it works surprisingly well in the short to medium term, and is incredibly infuriating - but as long as the plaintiff has the sand and the stamina, it will eventually fail. And it's not particularly clever...they're thick as shit, as well as obnoxious.
I'm sure that procrastination is employed by many as a tactic, in the hope that plaintiffs will simply go away. I have come across this many times. Seems to come as a shock to these characters when people pursue legitimate matters vigorously.

I suspect this was strategic.
  • Keeps him out of the courtroom and removes the considerable chance of further self-incrimination.
  • Enables him to claim (falsely) that he was deprived of a fair hearing and that skullduggery was at play.
  • Puts an end to the flow of negative publicity on the Sandy Hook case. The opprobrium this generated put him beyond the pale with even those who are normally happy to tap into the significant income stream of insane theatrics (I don't believe he is insane at all--see below)
  • He very much has the money to pay for this.
You're correct, his high-paid attorney wouldn't actually forget to send something. On the other hand, he now gets to pay the damages and with someone that high-profile hiding the bank accounts/shell corporations doesn't work.

And again...

Alex Jones Has Lost By Default in Another Sandy Hook Defamation Case

Continuing his unbroken streak of losing lawsuits, Alex Jones has been found liable by default by a Connecticut judge in another defamation case brought against him by the parents of children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary school. The New York Times reported Monday that a judge ruled against Jones after he failed to respond to basic discovery requests, which also caused him to lose the prior Sandy Hook cases brought in Texas. Juries in both states are expected to decide next year how much he’ll have to pay in damages.

Jones responded to the news of his latest defeat in his usual fashion: a breaking news update on his website declared that a “Deep State-controlled court” had denied him a trial by jury. In his daily live broadcast, he steered away from discussing the court ruling rather quickly and moved on to fear-mongering about COVID vaccines.

Update, 5:20 P.M. EST:

On Monday afternoon, Jones issued a video statement denouncing the lawsuits as an attack by "globalists" who he claimed now control the American judiciary system. Jones also disputed the court's contention that he had not responded to discovery requests, claiming he'd turned over “thousands” of documents in both the Texas and Connecticut cases. In court documents filed Monday, Jones’ attorneys objected to the scope of what was requested for discovery in the Connecticut case, calling it a “fishing expedition.”

In her default judgment ruling, Connecticut Superior Court Judge Bellis had said that Jones, InfoWars and Free Speech Systems only turned over "“sanitized, inaccurate” financial documents and did not produce other items requested in discovery.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7w...efault-in-another-sandy-hook-defamation-case?

Jones is now blaming the devastating Kentucky (etc.) tornados on a government conspiracy.
Alex Jones Wonders If Joe Biden Used 'Weather Weapons' To Cause Deadly Tornadoes

As states in the South and Midwest pick up the pieces left by a series of deadly and devastating storms Friday night and early Saturday, “Infowars” host Alex Jones is already spinning conspiracy theories to try to blame it on President Joe Biden.

Jones, who recently lost a fourth lawsuit over his lies that the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a hoax, told listeners on “The Alex Jones Show” on Monday that the U.S. government developed “weather weapons” in the 1950s. ...

Jones then suggested that Biden may have “ordered” that the power be turned off in Texas in February, when the state was hit by a historic winter storm that led to widespread power outages.

He added: “So the question is did they use weather weapons to cause the tornadoes? That’s a legitimate question to ask.” ...
FULL STORY: https://www.yahoo.com/news/alex-jones-wonders-joe-biden-015445268.html

This is not about Mr Jones but his wife, Erika Wulff Jones, who's been charged with a domestic violene affair - a result of 'medication imbalance' according to Alex Jones.

Jones said his wife’s arrest “doesn’t concern my politics” and that “it wasn’t some kind of personal hateful thing or anything”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/26/alex-jones-wife-arrested-christmas-eve

Some people's lives...?

Does he actually believe any of the tripe he spreads? I've always thought his output was about shocking people and drawing a certain audience in to make money. Curious whether he is a fruit cake or the just the fruit cake baker, so to speak.

Does he actually believe any of the tripe he spreads? I've always thought his output was about shocking people and drawing a certain audience in to make money. Curious whether he is a fruit cake or the just the fruit cake baker, so to speak.
I don't think he believes all of it. Perhaps some.
But he's like Icke, generating alarmist content to drum up revenue. Money all the way.

I don't think he believes all of it. Perhaps some.
But he's like Icke, generating alarmist content to drum up revenue. Money all the way.

Re: Alex Jones (and others of his ilk: Hannity, Ingraham, etc., etc., ad nauseum)

If he believes the bilge he's pushing, he needs to be checked into a nice quiet place where he can be made comfortable next to a sunny window and fed and watered regularly.

If he's knowingly pushing lies just to stir up trouble and make money, he needs [ ... recommendation of illegal action removed ... ]

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep clicking on the title to this thread, hoping to read he has met some horrible fate sufficient to stop him spewing sewage, only to be disappointed to learn he is still plumbing the depths of the American Dumbass belief system, which, it appears, may actually be bottomless.

I keep clicking on the title to this thread, hoping to read he has met some horrible fate sufficient to stop him spewing sewage, only to be disappointed to learn he is still plumbing the depths of the American Dumbass belief system, which, it appears, may actually be bottomless.
No one ever went broke...

They will attack and eat each other. I hope.

Alex Jones Slams Donald Trump For Telling The Truth About The COVID-19 Vaccine

Conspiracy theorist and snake oil salesman Alex Jones had a special Christmas message for his old friend, former President Donald Trump, calling him “one of the most evil men who has ever lived.”

Jones’ melodramatic condemnation was provoked by Trump’s recent interview with right-wing culture warrior Candace Owens, in which Trump uncharacteristically sided with science and reason, repeatedly insisting that the COVID-19 vaccine is perfectly safe, much to Owens’ horror.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidi...telling-the-truth-about-the-covid-19-vaccine/

This is not about Mr Jones but his wife, Erika Wulff Jones, who's been charged with a domestic violene affair - a result of 'medication imbalance' according to Alex Jones.

Jones said his wife’s arrest “doesn’t concern my politics” and that “it wasn’t some kind of personal hateful thing or anything”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/26/alex-jones-wife-arrested-christmas-eve

Some people's lives...?
I thought he was divorced, didn't he lose custody of his kids not so long ago?

Back