• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

That's right. These are three Chinese Lanterns, quite possibly released for a Christmas or New Year celebration of some sort.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again; there will always be UAPs/UFOs, so long as we have people looking at the sky. They have nothing to do with aliens or interdimensional beings, and everything to do with human fallibility.
Even so; Chinese lanterns are still being confused for unexplained phenomena?

The triangle is a strong shape thus a lot of triangle UFOs.

Can Chinese lanterns maintain this special shape over a long period of time ?

The triangle is a strong shape thus a lot of triangle UFOs.
Can Chinese lanterns maintain this special shape over a long period of time ?

There are such things as triangular (in 3D: tetrahedral) Chinese lanterns. They require some sort of framework to maintain their shape.

TriangularChineseLanterns.jpg
I don't know how effective this configuration would be for a sky lantern, given the relatively large area of the base.

This video illustrates Chinese lantern construction with tetrahedral specimens:

On the other hand, I don't recall any UFO reports involving brightly glowing triangular objects.

Any three Chinese lanterns will always form a triangle, except when they form a straight line. Even then, that straight line can be mistaken for a triangle seen edge on. So there should be no surprise that observers see a triangle in the sky when observing three independently-flying objects.

These two frames from the Memphis video show that the lanterns were simply floating independently, but they formed a triangle for the simple reason that there were three of them.
triangles.png

Ain't no triangle Chinese lantern, this one
Why highlight?

Firstly, this is a much clearer image:

Compress_20220106_044458_8471.jpg

Secondly, this is a revision of something I posted online, late 1980s, in those formative days of the Internet:

"A good friend, Steve Johnson, is an accomplished artist and his science fiction inspired artwork has appeared on books by Arthur C Clarke, Hal Clement, Larry Niven and Jack Vance. Steve was recently commissioned to paint a representation of his friend's November, 1985 encounter with a triangular shaped object.

Steve explains:

"Artists interpretation of a black triangular shaped Unidentified Flying Object, witnessed on 22 November 1985 by a Wisconsin state employee. He observed the object glide slowly, too slow to be flying aerodynamically, as it crossed Highway CV, located approximately 15 miles NW of Madison, WI. The sighting occurred around 5.00 PM, dusk. The object was later estimated to have been about 40 feet across, perhaps wider, and possibly 90 feet in length. The UFO silently passed a few feet above a row of power lines running parallel to the highway. The witness recalled that the underside of the craft reminded him of "the back of a refrigerator" ...like a collection of condensation pipes than ran back and forth from top to base. After passing directly above the observer's car, the black object suddenly accelerated into the evening sky at a tremendous speed. Within seconds, it disappeared. The observer speculated that if he had been on board the craft during its abrupt acceleration he would have been squashed "flatter than a pancake". The object remained silent during the entire observation".

Steve added that the witness never went public with claims of the incident, as he held a senior public position".
(End)

I had permission to reveal the reason why our avowed witness was so reluctant to mention the occurrence.

Although I did not at the time, think along the lines of 'Deputy District Attorney' and you will not be far away.

Calls for 'disclosure' of a perceived 'flying saucer' cover up go back to the1950s.

It's patently obvious there never were any such archetypal 'flying saucers', Arnold himself confirming same on many occasions.

So, what exactly remains to be 'disclosed'?

Was this example - simply noted as one of many similar and enigmatic 'triangular-shaped' UFOs of the mid 1980s period, due to the exceptional illustration - a classified aircraft?

Cleary implausible as same.

Yet, as there is no discernible evidence of any related cover up, why would a situation not exist that until recently, such reported incidents were completely irrelevant as regards a defence concern?

They were just more UFO reports, same as all the others, going back to those old 'flying saucers'.

Nothing whatsoever has been hidden from the public by some insidious U.S. government cabal.

Unexplained UFO sightings for sure and the U.S. government is seemingly at the forefront of disclosing this information.

If we go back to those nascent 'saucer' days and crys for the facts to be revealed... this was still the situation 50 years and more later.

Fifty years of chasing 'disclosure' of something which never even existed.

There wll be no unveiling of our 22 November, 1985 triangular-shaped UFO close encounter either.

No file exists... it was never even reported.

One shall, however, personally continue to classify it as a UFO.

Merely musings and doubt anyone is actually interested. :)

images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always some sort of a UFO sighting every day in the news.

We just need only one to be proven real to change human history.

I believe we got a wealth of information from the Roswell crash like fiber optics, integrated circuits, and lasers.
Hi Charliebrown

Do you have any links to these findings at Roswell? Would be fascinating to read up on this, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
WeirdExeter,

Lieutenant Colonel Philip James Corso held many high positions in his military career and in his retirement he wrote a book called “ The Day After Roswell” where he claims he was responsible for research on recovered extraterrestrial technology.

In 1997, he was on the Art Bell “ Coast to Coast “ paranormal radio show where he claimed all Roswell rumors were true and the U.S. gained a lot of technology.

He claims that Bell Labs found out how to make silicon wafers from Roswell.

All for nothing ?

Former intelligence person Luis Elizondo tells political organization “ The Hill “ that the newly formed Congressional UFO office will answer to the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security.

Luis claims this is like putting chickens in a cage with a hungry fox and releasing UFO information to the public will most likely not happen.

WeirdExeter,

Lieutenant Colonel Philip James Corso held many high positions in his military career and in his retirement he wrote a book called “ The Day After Roswell” where he claims he was responsible for research on recovered extraterrestrial technology.

In 1997, he was on the Art Bell “ Coast to Coast “ paranormal radio show where he claimed all Roswell rumors were true and the U.S. gained a lot of technology.

He claims that Bell Labs found out how to make silicon wafers from Roswell.
I find that the boring part of UFO as I want to know who and what they look like and where to they come from who work for these machines.

Who, what, and where is the trillion dollar questions ?
How would be nice to know as well and also why? I can see possible aliens wanting to contact us or secretly observe us but all this farting about being seen, pretending not to exist, crashing, doing deals with various governments or groups, abducting random people, cuting up cows, handing out pancakes.....

How would be nice to know as well and also why? I can see possible aliens wanting to contact us or secretly observe us but all this farting about being seen, pretending not to exist, crashing, doing deals with various governments or groups, abducting random people, cuting up cows, handing out pancakes.....
Yet there are all of these things are found in the folklore of cultures across our planet, for example in the UK and Ireland we have fairies and pixies:

"In a manner of speaking, the old tales of fairies have been replaced with aliens. In both cases, you have creatureswho are ineffable and don't understand humanity, who randomly abduct humans, play with them, and return them with Time Loss and occasionally strange powers/afflictions. Periodically, there are tales of those who have dealt with them and benefited, but for the most part, mundane people are merely their playthings."

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFairFolk

No, it is an artist's impression. Of a single anonymous witness testimony, with no physical corroboration . If the real 'triangle' existed at all, it almost certainly did not look like that.
It's a weird one, isn't it, I'll give you that!

A thought, which has literally just come to mind... wasn't there something akin to this reported in the 'Hudson Valley' flap?

Had a quick Google, didn't see anything related...

I did, however, come across the following:

"I grew up in New York, about 45 Minutes from Manhattan. My Cousins lived across the street and I spent a lot of time there, often walking home in the dark. The direction I walked home was facing the Direction of the City and could see the lights on the horizon. (about 60 miles SE away) I was always into Stars and Planets and looking for the Stars that didn’t twinkle to spot the planets. It was on 3 occasions doing this that I spotted UFO’s. But…

One night when I was about 15… Before Dark, I walked out of my cousins house and out onto the street and stopped to stare at an unusually bright “evening star”. As I stared, it split in 2. I figured it was just a plane coming close so kept watching… but it then split into 3 and now another light appeared behind it. Then that one split in 2 as the first set got closer, then split to 3 also and another light appeared behind it. IT was too weird so I ran in to get my cousins to come check it out. by the time we got back out, there was a 4th set in the distance and we could make out a shape in the first set. It was a HUGE Triangular shaped ship with the outside points cut off.. so flat and not pointed like a wing. As it came closer, we were Transfixed and none of us remember saying anything, just watching. It passed over us and made Not a Sound! Complete Silence! It filled our Entire field of view over us. IT was at about the height of a commercial Airliner but it was HUGE!!! And it was Completely covered with Pipes underneath. As that one passed over we could see the next one coming. And that was it'.

This is why I still have a 'ufologist' membership card...

Shall duly persue the matter...

A thought, which has literally just come to mind... wasn't there something akin to this reported in the 'Hudson Valley' flap?
Briefly... from relocated and dusted down cooy of 'Night Siege':

"In many of the close encounter cases, some people reported a massive network of tubes and grills underneath the object".

Hmmm.... suppose I should read it again then. :)

When you talk about the Hudson Valley it brings to mind a story by writer Washington Irving ( 1783-1859 ) who spent much time in the Catskills Mountains Hudson Valley.

He wrote about being witched and spelled by the mountains and then he was able to write Rip Van Winkle and the Valley Dutchmen ghosts, and also the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow.

Sleepy Hollow has always been a real town on the Hudson River having a population today of around 10,000.

Between 1983 and 1986 the Hudson Valley region had many V shaped UFO reports.

Residents of Hudson Valley believed they were being tracked by aliens with 900 complaints to the Air Force.

Very quietly the congressional UFO office opened its doors for business and said no added resources will be added to the hunt for UFOs.

For a while this office will make a database of previous UFO sightings.

What does all of that mean ?

If the real 'triangle' existed at all, it almost certainly did not look like that.
It's an assumption the fridge look-a-like underside is functional.

What if it's merely cosmetic and designed as an anniversary model, perhaps marking, say, 30 years spent visiting earth from elsewhere - another planet, time, or dimension, whatever - and denoting earthly technology of that era.

We would call it a retro look. :)

Gotcha... regarding tubes, pipes and grills, reportedly observed.

"This was weird since when the white lights were on and it was approaching the object looked like a boomerang or half circle. I looked up and saw this structure.

There were parts that looked like they were soldered together, but very smoothly. It was made up of some type of dark greyish material that had a very low reflectability. This was no type of an aircraft. I have an enginering background and have flown all types of small aircraft and I know there was no was this was anything man made. I saw this large object that blacked out the entire sky above me, it was easily as large as a football field.

I noticed that the underside was criss-crossed by a network of tubes and grill like work. It looked like some type of modern art".
(End)

This is an extract from one of seven articles, written by Philip J. Imbrogno and posted on the old newsgroups over 20 years ago.

These are a significant discovery in my archives, as they date from after the publication of 'Night Siege' and are lengthy, detailed accounts of further reported incidents.

I shall accordingly post them separately and leave a cross-reference here.

This is all 'good stuff'... my personal fascination. No messing about with a 'strange light in the sky'... proper football-field sized objects at closely observable height and seemingly intent on causing havoc and mischief!

It's an assumption the fridge look-a-like underside is functional.
I tend to assume that the idea that spaceships have to be covered in pipes and widgets comes from Star Wars; the people who designed the Imperial Star Destroyers added thousands of tiny details to the models, to make them look good. These tiny details are sometimes called 'greebles' or 'nurnies' and they are a stylistic choice rather than a functional element.
bellator131-1024x576.jpg

The Borg cubes in Star Trek are also infected with greebles, so are most sci-fi spaceships nowadays. You can download packs of instant greebles for 3D modelling.
Greeble.jpg

Once again trends in science fiction and human technology are reflected in UAP reports.

Last edited:
I tend to assume that the idea that spaceships have to be covered in pipes and widgets comes from Star Wars
That's an interesting observation you make.

'Star Wars', was (looks it up...) 1977...

Wow!!! Really that long ago...!

'Star Wars', was (looks it up...) 1977...
Wow!!! Really that long ago...!

The same year as Close Encounters of the Third Kind, in which the mothership is decked out with what appears to be industrial piping / apparatus because:
The mothership was designed by Ralph McQuarrie and built by Greg Jein. The look of the ship was inspired by an oil refinery Spielberg saw at night in India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Encounters_of_the_Third_Kind#Visual_effects

USAF nuclear weapons tech, Adrian Reister, in the years 2003-2007 at Whiteman AFB, Missouri claims he had to contend with light orbs and 6 foot shadow people.

Obviously there is a connection between UFOs and nuclear weapons.

And obviously the U.S. government is hiding an enormous amount of UFO information.

This new UFO congressional UFO office is most likely “ smoke and mirrors “, patterned after “ Project Blue Book “.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-saw-ufo-shadow-people-25937329

Back