• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Craig Charles: UFO Conspiracies

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
https://www.history.co.uk/shows/craig-charles-ufo-conspiracies

Did anyone else catch this programme?Extremely laughable.
The apparent UFO over Wales in the first episode was attacked and brought down by the RAF. According to the eye witness it was attacked by RAF aircraft including Chinook Helicopters and transporter planes…I didn’t know they sent these type of aircraft into battle.
The RAF must have known the UFO was coming as aircraft circled the location for three days in anticipation of its arrival.
They then downed the UFO which came down in a wood with a mighty explosion. Cut to a shot of a dozen trees broken in the middle with many trees surrounding them completely undamaged.
Then there is the guy who goes to the crash site after the purported incident and registers electrical activity in the ground, yet the UFO was destroyed 18 months previously, so how was it putting out electrical activity.
And then there where the people who were undertaking a fingertip search of some fenced off field. They claimed to be doing field work yet they never took their eyes off you as they watched you pass this fully open field where they were operating in disguise.
The one eye witness was warned off telling her story by some strange man.
Obviously if the UFO or the strange man had miraculously morphed into a giant owl the whole story might have been a little more believable.
The next case is over Scotland. I’ll give this another go next week but I doubt I will make the whole series.

The apparent UFO over Wales in the first episode was attacked and brought down by the RAF. According to the eye witness it was attacked by RAF aircraft including Chinook Helicopters and transporter planes…I didn’t know they sent these type of aircraft into battle.
The RAF must have known the UFO was coming as aircraft circled the location for three days in anticipation of its arrival.
They then downed the UFO which came down in a wood with a mighty explosion. Cut to a shot of a dozen trees broken in the middle with many trees surrounding them completely undamaged.
Then there is the guy who goes to the crash site after the purported incident and registers electrical activity in the ground, yet the UFO was destroyed 18 months previously, so how was it putting out electrical activity.
And then there where the people who were undertaking a fingertip search of some fenced off field. They claimed to be doing field work yet they never took their eyes off you as they watched you pass this fully open field where they were operating in disguise.
Obviously if the UFO or the strange man had miraculously morphed into a giant owl the whole story might have been a little more believable.
The next case is over Scotland. I’ll give this another go next week but I doubt I will make the whole series.
I watched the first quarter of it and almost dozed off. Still got it on my tivo thingy so I might give it another go, especially if I can't get to sleep.

Then there is the guy who goes to the crash site after the purported incident and registers electrical activity in the ground

Did you catch the text right at the end of the show..?

DSC_2905~4.JPG

...they got to him!! :eek:

I suppose it lacks a certain something if the strapline at the end of the programme read

'Since the filming of this programme, Emlyn Williams has come to his senses'.

So, the Pentyrch non-event is still being peddled by the witnesses who will profit from it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentyrch-Incident-Greatest-Cover-up-Modern-ebook/dp/B09DZRX2TF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=WWJUZRD1BSMN&keywords=pentyrch&qid=1642247495&sprefix=pentyrch,aps,69&sr=8-1

Yep, £14.99 for the paperback.

I have posted on this incident before. It has been conclusively proven to have been a military exercise, and quite a spectacle, too. That should have been the end of this story. But no, you have the wide-eyed, emotional female witness on Youtube claiming that the 'friendly UFO' had been shot down by the nasty military despite there being no evidence for this whatsoever. Then the inevitable book with a hefty price tag that is in full denial mode as regards the explanation but rather makes completely unfounded claims of a war between humans and aliens. Now the 'ancient aliens/'finding Bigfoot' tv crowd have picked up on it. How long before it becomes another, almost mythical, "British Roswell"...? :headbang:

Last edited:
There is a TV program on tonight called "Craig Charles: UFO conspiracies" on SKY Showcase at 6pm. It appears to be S1E1 so there should more episodes to follow.
This episode is titled "Wales" and Craig joins Sarah Cruddas to investigate whether the RAF shot down a UFO over South Wales on 26th February 2016.
My tellybox is suggesting that this was first broadcast just a few days ago (on SKY History channel) but I missed it.

There is a TV program on tonight called "Craig Charles: UFO conspiracies" on SKY Showcase at 6pm. It appears to be S1E1 so there should more episodes to follow.
This episode is titled "Wales" and Craig joins Sarah Cruddas to investigate whether the RAF shot down a UFO over South Wales on 26th February 2016.
My tellybox is suggesting that this was first broadcast just a few days ago (on SKY History channel) but I missed it.
It was on a few days ago. We watched it. It was interesting.

This show was reviewed in the latest FT. They were polite about it, because they had an interview with Craig's co-presenter, but it sounded the opposite of essential. Stick to the radio, Craig, you're good at that!

This show was reviewed in the latest FT. They were polite about it, because they had an interview with Craig's co-presenter, but it sounded the opposite of essential. Stick to the radio, Craig, you're good at that!
I was a bit surprised by this. It's not something Craig's particularly interested in as far as I know. But he gigs as a funk and soul DJ (I saw him in Manchester, it was a good night), and I'd guess he's lost a lot of income due to covid.

I was a bit surprised by this. It's not something Craig's particularly interested in as far as I know. But he gigs as a funk and soul DJ (I saw him in Manchester, it was a good night), and I'd guess he's lost a lot of income due to covid.

He does the afternoon show on 6Music, so he does have a regular gig. But I suppose every little extra helps (!).

"Craig Charles: UFO conspiracies"
Well, I wasn't massively impressed TBH.
Lots of stock footage of various aircraft used, repeatedly.
Lots of the usual pics of various 'lights in the sky' and lightning, and other SFX, again shown repeatedly.
The constant background music, similar to the X-files theme tune.
Lots of confused/surprised/concerned looks back and forward at each other and straight down the camera.
Craig Charles managing to use several different pronunciations of 'Pentyrch'.
The necessity to repeat themselves, at length, in recap, for those with a terminally short attention span.
What was done in an hour long show was waaaay too long and could easily have been condensed down to a 15 minute item, and that would probably have been too long too.

What I have deduced though is the following;
Their main 'witness' who was introduced at the start of the show, and appeared repeatedly throughout, seemed to mainly be concerned with keeping the interest going so that she could stay relevant.
I also noticed her eyesight wasn't great and she wore spectacles which had quite a thickness to them, so I expect she was as shortsighted as me, or possibly more, so her accounts of what she saw, at night, in her garden etc, if she wasn't wearing her prescription lenses then I would doubt the clarity of her observations.
Claims of viewing a 'large pyramid' with a light at each corner.....I don't see any other reports of anyone else seeing such an object. Isn't it more likely that she saw either 'chinese lanterns' or drones, or just 3 aircraft flying over, and she joined the dots?
Reports of aircraft activity in the preceding days - well, seeing as Pentyrch is close to two airbases at St Athan and Cardiff I would doubt that seeing aircraft is unusual.
They pretty much ruled out 'storm damage' as a reason for trees locally to be showing damage. Except, of course, they ignored the fact that just days beforehand, Storm Imogen swept through the area (Feb 8th 2016) with wind speeds of over 100mph recorded.
They claimed that their FOI requests were replied to with statements about "Section 26" prevented them from releasing info, so that proves a cover-up. But it doesn't though, because lots of requests to the military regarding almost anything are often met with "Section 26" rebuttals, because ... military.

I found the whole programme really rather lacking and managed to shorten it somewhat by skipping through the increasingly lengthy 'recap' sections after each break, and most of what Nick Pope said, cos he always just says the same stuff.
One redeeming part of the whole thing is that Sarah Cruddas is 'bang tidy'.

I didn't realise this had it's own thread.
I've written a post elsewhere with my views about the program.
I think in TV and Radio Reminders.
I wouldn't be agin it being moved, and associated posts.

Relevant posts from the TV / Radio Reminders thread have been transplanted to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I wasn't massively impressed TBH.
Lots of the usual pics of various 'lights in the sky' and lightning, and other SFX, again shown repeatedly.
Lots of confused/surprised/concerned looks back and forward at each other and straight down the camera.
The necessity to repeat themselves, at length, in recap, for those with a terminally short attention span.
What was done in an hour long show was waaaay too long and could easily have been condensed down to a 15 minute item, and that would probably have been too long too.

Their main 'witness' who was introduced at the start of the show, and appeared repeatedly throughout, seemed to mainly be concerned with keeping the interest going so that she could stay relevant.
I also noticed her eyesight wasn't great and she wore spectacles which had quite a thickness to them, so I expect she was as shortsighted as me, or possibly more, so her accounts of what she saw, at night, in her garden etc, if she wasn't wearing her prescription lenses then I would doubt the clarity of her observations.
Claims of viewing a 'large pyramid' with a light at each corner.....I don't see any other reports of anyone else seeing such an object. Isn't it more likely that she saw either 'chinese lanterns' or drones, or just 3 aircraft flying over, and she joined the dots?
Reports of aircraft activity in the preceding days - well, seeing as Pentyrch is close to two airbases at St Athan and Cardiff I would doubt that seeing aircraft is unusual.
They pretty much ruled out 'storm damage' as a reason for trees locally to be showing damage. Except, of course, they ignored the fact that just days beforehand, Storm Imogen swept through the area (Feb 8th 2016) with wind speeds of over 100mph recorded.
They claimed that their FOI requests were replied to with statements about "Section 26" prevented them from releasing info, so that proves a cover-up. But it doesn't though, because lots of requests to the military regarding almost anything are often met with "Section 26" rebuttals, because ... military.

I found the whole programme really rather lacking and managed to shorten it somewhat by skipping through the increasingly lengthy 'recap' sections after each break, and most of what Nick Pope said, cos he always just says the same stuff.
One redeeming part of the whole thing is that Sarah Cruddas is 'bang tidy'.
Techy liked it but I found it a bit Max Headroom. :chuckle:

I didn't realise this had it's own thread.
I've written a post elsewhere with my views about the program.
I think in TV and Radio Reminders.
I wouldn't be agin it being moved, and associated posts.
Your post from elsewhere sums it up to be honest:

"Well, I wasn't massively impressed TBH.

One redeeming part of the whole thing is that Sarah Cruddas is 'bang tidy'."

It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt to have been a military exercise. I would loved to have been out there on that cold night to witness the lights and aircraft as I'm into that sort of thing. But ridiculous claims of a battle between our military and UFOs by the primary witness need to consigned to the dustbin of Ufology and fast.

I was disappointed that at no point did Giorgio A. Tsoukalos pop up.
He improves anything he appears on, by comedy value alone.
1642342860597.png

Your post from elsewhere sums it up to be honest:

"Well, I wasn't massively impressed TBH.
That's what really gets on my nerves about those programmes - constant use of random stock footage to illustrate almost every sentence. And it's usually poorly researched - I saw one documentary about Flight 19 and the commentary says they took off in Grumman Avenger torpedo bombers - so far so good - but then the stock footage showed Flying Fortresses, Lancasters, a Heinkel He111 and even a Hercules and not an Avenger in sight.
I also seem to remember one from many years back about the Mantell incident - according to the documentary he took off in a Mustang (correct) flew around in a Spitfire, went to intercept the UFO in a Sabre and crashed into the ocean in a flaming Zero.

Agree completely about the repetition. Clearly covering up lack of a story. So many programmes like this tell you what's coming up after the commercial break then recap on what you've only just watched the second the commercial break is over. What sort of attention span do they think I've got? That's why I watch things on record, so I can fast forward all those bits and probably only have to watch 30-40 mins of an hour long show.

Back