• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Triangular UFO Sightings

Still racking my brains over this 1965 report. The one thing purple and blue lights might suggest is an electrical phenomenon of some kind. Could the blue light 'emerging' from the purple one be caused by an arcing power line? Could the purplish hue be caused by corona discharge? Electrical arcing would explain the "welder's light" appearance reported by McCoy.

If there were power lines running generally towards the observers then you might, just might, imagine the sudden 'jump' towards them to be explicable by the arcing travelling along the lines. But having seen photographs of the sighting location there are no power lines there...I still tend, however, to imagine some kind of electrical phenomenon could be a plausible source of the report. Power lines would also explain why the phenomenon only seemed to be viewable from one place - it was quite localised and in reality close to the ground.

I feel the shadow cast by the moonlight is the weakest part of the story. If the object was casting bright purple light into the car's interior and onto the surroundings, how would this shadow have been noticeable? It suggests witness exaggeration

Last edited:
As far as I can establish the point at which the car stopped and the object apparently 'hovered' was here, with the lights coming from a point almost due west near Cedar Creek (information taken from a map annotated by the witnesses)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JyGWC9mUJx8CUGTz5

After fleeing northwards on hwy 36, Goode and McCoy turned left onto County Road 4 and went back south through the area between the creek and original sighting location. They saw nothing until turning back onto 36 and going north again.

I can't see any likely looking high voltage lines - no guarantee they'd have been there in 1965 as well.

Last edited:
UV light is very good at killing bugs so I could see how it would be good for wounds
though there are limits set on deliberate exposure.

This shows how you could get a 'blue light' moving in a two step motion (the two steps could be it traversing two sections of line). The 'floating upwards' and the subsequent movement directly towards the observer...no idea

An triangular shaped UFO over Swindon from April 2021...

Witness description: "This was recorded a few weeks ago in Swindon. It was extremely bizarre to see a black triangle shaped object floating in the sky. There wasn’t really anything to indicate the size or proximity of the object. It just gave me that weird unsettled feeling when you genuinely have no idea what something is and what it’s doing. Sighted and recorded 3rd April at 18:30 in Swindon, Wiltshire, U.K. near green bridge. Sighted again in a separate recording 20 minutes later. "

An triangular shaped UFO over Swindon from April 2021...

Witness description: "This was recorded a few weeks ago in Swindon. It was extremely bizarre to see a black triangle shaped object floating in the sky. There wasn’t really anything to indicate the size or proximity of the object. It just gave me that weird unsettled feeling when you genuinely have no idea what something is and what it’s doing. Sighted and recorded 3rd April at 18:30 in Swindon, Wiltshire, U.K. near green bridge. Sighted again in a separate recording 20 minutes later. "
The video and the witness's account seem pretty genuine. Can't be sure if it is a 100% triangular object, might be some more discoid thing seen from the side. Interesting.

It seems an obvious fake to me. That channel (Only Real UFOs) is full of clips with no credibility.

Last edited:
The 'object' doesn't change in intensity at all when it passes in front of the tree.
swindon.png

The 'object' doesn't change in intensity at all when it passes in front of the tree.View attachment 51266
I would say it passed behind the tree. Since the witness was panning with the object it would appear sharper than the tree, which would exhibit motion blur. So I would say that at the least it would be worthy of a more thorough analysis.

It probably didn't exist at all, so did not pass in front of the tree or behind it.

On top of which, several of the frames including the tree (including the one I posted) show very little motion blur at all, so should show some extinction as the tree passes in front of the 'object'. Instead, the tree's branches are cleanly concealed behind the 'object's' black boundaries.

They've tried a bit harder in this frame, but I think you're right. Good effort though!View attachment 51318
And in these two frames: in frame A, the image is seen passing behind the tree.
A.jpg
And in this second frame (B) not even a second later, it appears to pass 'fuzzily' in front of the tree, yet the distance from first tree is only a short distance away.
B.jpg

A couple of patent applications, which might be of interest?

Triangular spacecraft

A spacecraft having a triangular hull with vertical electrostatic line charges on each corner that produce a horizontal electric field parallel to the sides of the hull. This field, interacting with a plane wave emitted by antennas on the side of the hull, generates a force per volume combining both lift and propulsion.
Images (8)

Classifications
B64G1/409 Unconventional spacecraft propulsion systems
US20060145019A1
United States

InventorJohn St. Clair

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

This shows how you could get a 'blue light' moving in a two step motion (the two steps could be it traversing two sections of line). The 'floating upwards' and the subsequent movement directly towards the observer...no idea
*Note: Red Glow appears just a fraction of a second before the Blue 'ball' of light appears. . .
Screenshot 2022-03-31 153514.jpg

A couple of patent applications, which might be of interest?

Triangular spacecraft

A spacecraft having a triangular hull with vertical electrostatic line charges on each corner that produce a horizontal electric field parallel to the sides of the hull. This field, interacting with a plane wave emitted by antennas on the side of the hull, generates a force per volume combining both lift and propulsion.
Images (8)

Classifications
B64G1/409 Unconventional spacecraft propulsion systems
US20060145019A1
United States

InventorJohn St. Clair

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

That sounds about right! If they've reached a stage where they can file a patent that suggests that a lot/all of the black triangle cases (including Rendlesham) are down to black projects. Also that all the developmental work has been done and the device is pretty well perfected.

Note that John St Clair filed that patent in 2004. There is still no evidence that the technology is, or ever will be, viable.

St Clair is a full-weight eccentric; good luck to him!
Here is an excerpt from his application for a photon spacecraft, which apparently utilises hyperpace. (my bolding)
[0006] Hyperspace consists of the those co-dimensions which have different physics constants such as a low speed of light. The existence of hyperspace, which has a white misty look, is not a well-known scientific concept. Experiments with our magnetic vortex wormhole generators, hyperspace torque generator, full body levitation using Chi Kung breathing, arm levitation by spinning the co-gravitational K field, full body teleportation through hyperspace a distance of 100 meters using a pulsed gravitational wave, jumping into hyperspace, having a plate of toast enfold off the breakfast table and disappear into thin air, walking through walls and doors out-of-dimension, looking into other dimensions, remote viewing through subspace to distances of 100,000 light years, and other electromagnetic experiments carried out by co-researchers, have shown us the reality and existence of hyperspace.
https://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/np...v.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&p=1&S1=20060144035

Disappearing toast!

Note that John St Clair filed that patent in 2004. There is still no evidence that the technology is, or ever will be, viable.

Here is an excerpt from his application for a photon spacecraft, which apparently utilises hyperpace. (my bolding)

https://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&p=1&S1=20060144035

Disappearing toast!
If that patent went through the patent office without objection it makes you wonder what criteria they use to assess applications. On the other hand maybe the apparent idiocy is a way of deflecting attention away from the genuine (maybe) black triangle rationale. The fact that he was able to use his Navy credentials, and their backing for this application, suggests that it could be a bit of clever disinformation. Be interesting to get the views of a serious field propulsion expert.

https://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PG01&p=1&S1=20060144035

Disappearing toast!
Oh yeah, quite a simple and explanatory easily understood patent app really! :confused::yawn:

That sounds about right! If they've reached a stage where they can file a patent that suggests that a lot/all of the black triangle cases....
See above explanation!

I had no idea about the triangle patent and it was most definitely a :wtf: moment...

Still haven't quite taken this in yet.... It's not as if the design is just a 'close' likeness to so many reports!!!

Screenshot_20220331-145726~2.jpg

*Note: Red Glow appears just a fraction of a second before the Blue 'ball' of light appears. . .
View attachment 53706

This is really interesting. There is definitely a red, even red-purple glow there (corona discharge?) prior to the blue arc emerging. It's surely not coincidence that these were the two colours of light reported in the Damon, TX case?

See above explanation!

I had no idea about the triangle patent and it was most definitely a :wtf: moment...

Still haven't quite taken this in yet.... It's not as if the design is just a 'close' likeness to so many reports!!!

View attachment 53735
It is spot on with many of the descriptions, main central dull glowing light and the three smaller ones. Looks as if that NIDS report nailed it, many of the reports of slow moving triangles came from corridors between certain USAF bases.

Back