• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People You Thought Were Dead

Here's Wilf Lunn's website if you're interested:
Link

I had a browse of it a few years ago, but it doesn't look to have been updated since.

An obituary for Norm Macdonald on today's Good Morning America said that Senator Bob Dole - whose habit of referring to himself by name was often lampooned by Macdonald - had tweeted "*Bob Dole* will miss Norm Macdonald.” And all I could think is "Bob Dole is still alive?"

84 year old Tommy Steele, regarded as Britain's first rock 'n' roll star, got knighted yesterday. Not bad for some-one who died 20 years ago.

Tommy Steele.jpg

84 year old Tommy Steele, regarded as Britain's first rock 'n' roll star, got knighted yesterday. Not bad for some-one who died 20 years ago.

View attachment 48746
Crikey. I saw Tommy Steele as Dr Dolittle at the Bradford Alhambra, must be at least a decade ago. Even from up in the gods we could tell his gnashers were in much better fettle than the rest of him. Definitely on my list of PYTWD, almost from that very performance. I could have sworn he was in his eighties back then, although I suppose he wouldn't be the first showbiz type to knock the odd half-dozen years off their real age.

I was pleased to read an interview with The Amazing Kreskin in the new FT (about his board game). Didn't realise he is still with us. Unless he isn't and the interview was conducted from beyond the grave. Wouldn't put it past him.

Leonard Fenton died today.
He played Dr Legg in "Eastenders."
I thought he died a few years ago, but it was his character in Eastenders who died in 2019.
I hope this isn't going to be the Curse of EastEnders, which could be as dangerous as the Curse of The Vicar of Dibley...

Okay, so Emma Chambers did die young at 53 and Roger Lloyd-Pack a comparatively young 69, but Trevor Peacock reached 90 and Liz Smith 95 - a death that 'shocked fans' according to the Mail!? That's quite a curse...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Dibley-six-eight-main-stars-passed-away.html

Lee Majors - I thought he carked it years ago, but no, he's 82.
AFAIK still working even fairly recently giving voice to 'Jeff Tracy' in 'Thunderbirds are Go', and also appearing in a film called Renegades, currently in post-production.
I don't think he is being kept alive by bionic implants.

Lee Majors - I thought he carked it years ago, but no, he's 82.
AFAIK still working even fairly recently giving voice to 'Jeff Tracy' in 'Thunderbirds are Go', and also appearing in a film called Renegades, currently in post-production.
I don't think he is being kept alive by bionic implants.
That's what they want you to believe.

Leonard Fenton died today.
He played Dr Legg in "Eastenders."
I thought he died a few years ago, but it was his character in Eastenders who died in 2019.
Eastenders started with Dr. Legg and a couple of others breaking a door down to find a dead guy in his home. It’s got steadily more miserable since then. Kate O‘Mara in a bikini on a cross-channel ferry. That’s how you do it.

My wife and I were out today driving and the song 'Grease' came on the radio, which got me thinking, is Frankie Valli dead or still with us? I had a feeling he may have left us a few years back although a quick search tells me otherwise. He's 87.

I was watching the Get Back documentaries a few weeks ago and did some supplemental reading on line to answer some questions I had. I was surprised to see Eric Clapton was alive; for some reason I could have sworn I heard he died last year.

My wife and I were out today driving and the song 'Grease' came on the radio, which got me thinking, is Frankie Valli dead or still with us? I had a feeling he may have left us a few years back although a quick search tells me otherwise. He's 87.
Fans of The Sopranos know Valli as Rusty Millio, aka the 'Mayor of Munchkin Land'.

Back