• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

FKRAEo6XoAI2pB4.png

I think we should explain inverted commas to these people.

You have to be pretty intent to steal a head from a casket from within a mausoleum.

‘Satanic ritual’ involved in macabre Melbourne cemetery robbery​

New developments have revealed a “satanic ritual” was involved in the macabre cemetery robbery in Melbourne this week.
The unknown perpetrators stole a human head and other body parts from a grave, and then attempted to desecrate a third grave.
Detectives were called to Footscray General Cemetery in the city’s west on Tuesday to investigate the mystery of the head’s removal from a casket at a mausoleum, according to a report by the Herald Sun.
It’s unclear why the head or other body parts were taken, or how long the body had been at the graveyard – which opened in 1869 and has had some 19,000 burials.
Speaking to 7 News, Criminologist Xanthe Mallett admitted she was confused at the details of the case, claiming she’d never seen any activity of this kind behind Australia.
“It is interesting, some of the symbols that have been left around these mausoleums appear to be satanic in nature,” Dr Mallett said.
https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...y/news-story/333ddc32787d2dbcf64774f41d85e66d

Sword wielding millionaire releases live cobras on busy road as part of ritual.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sword-wielding-millionaire-releases-cobras-121208897.html

Here's an online article with more details ...
Sword-wielding Mercedes driver releases live cobras on busy road in Thailand

... The crazed businessman, identified as 46-year-old Khanotpitnuthep Jakraphopmahadecha, parked his newly-purchased red sports car in the middle of traffic to perform a bizarre ritual outside a mall complex in Bangkok at 5 pm local time on February 1.

Terrified passers-by watched as the shirtless businessman set loose three venomous serpents, scattered marigolds on the bonnet of his luxury car, and doused himself with red soda.

Alarmingly, he tried to wound his neck with the blade before slashing his right arm. His jeans and body stained with red fluid, he then lay on the asphalt and lifted his hands as if in prayer.

Officers cordoned off the area from bystanders while they arrested Khanotpitnuthep, who was taken to the police hospital to have his injuries treated. An animal rescue team meanwhile successfully retrieved the loose cobras.

Police said that Khanotpitnuthep was arrested and will be questioned on suspicion of carrying weapons in public, littering and blocking traffic.

Officers said that the multi-millionaire had performed a similar stunt - where he also threatened to hurt himself - back in April 2019.

A Royal Thai Police spokesman said: 'Doctors will perform psychiatric checks before the suspect is charged as the medical report will affect how we proceed.'
SOURCE: https://www.newsflare.com/video/476...releases-live-cobras-on-busy-road-in-thailand

An animal rescue team meanwhile successfully retrieved the loose cobras.
Heroes! :bthumbup:

Police said that Khanotpitnuthep was arrested and will be questioned on suspicion of . . . littering . . . .
Exquisitely understated.

I guess it's all in the name...

LiHO Singapore selling duck shit tea that's not supposed to taste like duck shit​

The term comes from its Chinese name 鴨屎香 (ya shi xiang), which literally translates to "duck shit fragrance."

Legend has it the farmer who discovered or invented the tea deliberately chose an unappealing name to hide his secret gains.

Despite the name, the tea "tastes and smells nothing like duck shit." We'll have to take their word for it.

It's a variety of oolong that's lightly roasted, with floral and musky notes.

The tea leaves are half fermented and when brewed, produces a clear yellow-orange tea.
https://mothership.sg/2022/01/liho-duck-shit-tea/

Two things I like about the duck shit tea article:

1. It's available hot.
2. Congratulations! You have made it to the end of the article (whether by speed-scrolling or otherwise). This alone qualifies you to apply for the role of a Lifestyle & Entertainment writer at Mothership. Click here to find out more.

Two things I like about the duck shit tea article:

1. It's available hot.
2. Congratulations! You have made it to the end of the article (whether by speed-scrolling or otherwise). This alone qualifies you to apply for the role of a Lifestyle & Entertainment writer at Mothership. Click here to find out more.

Did you click to find out more? It could be the beginning of a new career path for you (and endless duck shit tea)!

I guess it's all in the name...

LiHO Singapore selling duck shit tea that's not supposed to taste like duck shit​

https://mothership.sg/2022/01/liho-duck-shit-tea/
If that was sold in the UK, it would be taken off the shelves for not containing duck shit, no joke, it would be classed as false advertising in the same way Hedgehog flavoured crisps were withdrawn for not containing actual hedgehog. The manufacturers unsuccessfully argued that the hedge part was herbs and the hog part was pork fat.

ahedgehogcrisps.png

Yeah but 'flavoured'.....I doubt if 'Smokey Bacon' flavour crisps contain any bacon.
The bloke who came up with the idea for Hedgehog flavoured crisps died in 2017, I only know that because I was looking for a pic of the crisp packet and stumbled across a news article on his passing. That article states he'd used pork fat in his crisps (he used to sell them from his Shropshire pub in brown paper bags originally. Apparently, he got the idea for the name after learning about the gypsy method of slow baking hedgehogs in clay). I'd be as surprised if his crisps went on to be mass produced still using pork fat (I bought a pack in Birmingham in about 1980 that was in a plastic packet), I expect a flavouring substitute would have replaced actual pork fat for mass production.

No explanation for 'mystery liquid' falling from sky over neighborhood​

https://www.ktnv.com/news/no-explanation-for-mystery-liquid-falling-from-sky-over-neighborhood

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — People in one Eastern Las Vegas neighborhood near Hollywood Blvd. and Charleston Ave. have been completely perplexed for weeks as mysterious brown or black droplets have fallen on their properties.

Marcos Cervantes said the droplets have rained on his home, cars, RV, basketball course, and just about everything else for the last three to four weeks.

The bloke who came up with the idea for Hedgehog flavoured crisps died in 2017, I only know that because I was looking for a pic of the crisp packet and stumbled across a news article on his passing. That article states he'd used pork fat in his crisps (he used to sell them from his Shropshire pub in brown paper bags originally. Apparently, he got the idea for the name after learning about the gypsy method of slow baking hedgehogs in clay). I'd be as surprised if his crisps went on to be mass produced still using pork fat (I bought a pack in Birmingham in about 1980 that was in a plastic packet), I expect a flavouring substitute would have replaced actual pork fat for mass production.
I am sure those crisps were marketed as vegetarian or am I mistaken?

I am sure those crisps were marketed as vegetarian or am I mistaken?
I think from memory the correct actual none hedgehog ingredients were listed on the back of the packet but, as they were called Hedgehog Flavoured Crisps and had a hedgehog as the design on the front of the packet as well as the above title, I think it's a given that they weren't being marketed as vegetarian. They were taken off the market for false advertising.

I think from memory the correct actual none hedgehog ingredients were listed on the back of the packet but, as they were called Hedgehog Flavoured Crisps and had a hedgehog as the design on the front of the packet as well as the above title, I think it's a given that they weren't being marketed as vegetarian. They were taken off the market for false advertising.
I must have wrongly assumed they were vegetarian since they were sold in health food shops which were full of vegetarian food....I can't see any reference to being vegetarian on the wrapper - but there is no reference to any meat content in the ingredients list...
raw-1328108304.jpg

Actually I don't think I ever knew why they disappeared from the shelves. I thought it a shame as they were quite nice.

According to this website they just had to change the description slightly to stay the right side of trade descriptions......So why they disappeared is still a mystery....

https://museumofcrisps.com/2020/08/10/hedgehog-flavour-crisps-the-first-novelty-flavour/

Last edited:
Products weren't often marked as "Suitable for Vegetarians/Vegans" in the 1980s. As to why they disappeared, same reason you can't get Horror Bags or Wickers anymore, they were a novelty and the novelty wore off. They weren't profitable, no conspiracy about it.

No explanation for 'mystery liquid' falling from sky over neighborhood​

https://www.ktnv.com/news/no-explanation-for-mystery-liquid-falling-from-sky-over-neighborhood

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — People in one Eastern Las Vegas neighborhood near Hollywood Blvd. and Charleston Ave. have been completely perplexed for weeks as mysterious brown or black droplets have fallen on their properties.

Marcos Cervantes said the droplets have rained on his home, cars, RV, basketball course, and just about everything else for the last three to four weeks.
Nobody WILL know what it is until it's chemically analyzed. Geez.
And why bug the FAA about it? I doubt the FAA can do anything about it, unless analysis shows it comes from aircraft.
Environmental agencies are definitely the ones to figure it out. It is concerning, because the goo might be toxic, as already stated by one of the witnesses.
Sounds gross.

Nobody WILL know what it is until it's chemically analyzed. Geez.
And why bug the FAA about it? I doubt the FAA can do anything about it, unless analysis shows it comes from aircraft.
Environmental agencies are definitely the ones to figure it out. It is concerning, because the goo might be toxic, as already stated by one of the witnesses.
Sounds gross.
Might just be bird poo.

Back