• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Northampton Man-Goat

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
A six foot tall "man-goat" was reported crossing the road in Northamptonshire.

Hunt for '6ft man-goat' in Northamptonshire after late-night sighting​

The incident happened on the A425 near the village of Staverton and was discussed in an online forum

A late-night sighting of an unexplained "six-foot man-goat" in Northamptonshire has got local residents spooked.
The incident happened on the A425 near the village of Staverton at around 2am in the early hours of Sunday (February 20) morning.
It was discussed on the online forum mumsnet, posed by the user GallopingHighRoad.
READ MORE: For the latest Northants Live stories on Daventry, visit our dedicated local news channel
The initial message read: "We had been away for a few nights and travelled back quite late.
"Towards the end of our journey, this was about 2am, we were driving along an A Road in a rural area when something crossed the road in front of us in full headlights for about three seconds.

"It was about the height of a person, maybe 6ft or over, but had short powerful legs and hips which seemed to move in a circular fluid fashion.
https://www.northantslive.news/news...rdc2VFDI9LuWuENMAQOB3UYNd8pRUqFfGPB939foSXaQA

Haven't heard of them... I'll take a look, thanks for the recommendation!
All four books available on Kindle:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Truth-Proo...=1645624325&sprefix=truth+proof,aps,78&sr=8-1

Paul is a local guy who investigates the reports first hand or at least tracks down original witnesses. His books feature big black cats and all manner of what appear to be paranormal strange creatures, lights in the sky and UFOs. Paul links many of these back to local folklore and place names but his accounts are mostly from the 1990s onwards and many are from the past decade

Possibly a "beast" from a local Morris dance side on their way home from the pub?
1556891880.jpg
TELEMMGLPICT000195743615_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqek9vKm18v_rkIPH9w2GMNtm3NAjPW-2_OvjCiS6COCU.jpeg

Attachments

• 0d39832900f821ef2de246e83c9f86d1.jpg
    0d39832900f821ef2de246e83c9f86d1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 14
Can this thread be re-named the "Daventry Goat-man", since it's nearly fifteen miles from Northampton?

???? If any place name recommends itself for re-titling it would be Staverton - the village cited as the sighting locale.

It crossed the road in front of a car at 2am? When there can't have been many cars about, and it could have waited until the car had passed quite easily. So it was either something which didn't realise the danger (animal) or wanted to be seen.

"Other more fanciful ideas are the mythical creature of Slenderman or a Sasquatch.
In response, Galloping High Road replied: "Not a goatman, slenderman, sasquatch. These things don't exist."

Okaaay....but a 6 foot tall man-goat does?

It's the 'hips moving in a circular motion' that makes me think it was an animal. That's exactly what it looks like when you see a horse or a deer from the back, when they are just strolling along.

It crossed the road in front of a car at 2am? When there can't have been many cars about, and it could have waited until the car had passed quite easily. So it was either something which didn't realise the danger (animal) or wanted to be seen.

My guess is that it's more likely someone hoaxing than an animal - as 6thish tall and the upright get rule out animals. Or it could be one of those road ghosts/sprites "on duty", as it were.

My guess is that it's more likely someone hoaxing than an animal - as 6thish tall and the upright get rule out animals. Or it could be one of those road ghosts/sprites "on duty", as it were.
Yes, I was kind of hinting at a hoax by my 'wanted to be seen'. A road spirit or whatever that actually waited for cars to pass would speak of a degree of intellect that I'm not sure could be possessed by anything non coporeal. Two in the morning would be an odd time though, anyone wanting to hoax someone would have had a heck of a wait. Unless it was a couple of pissed students who were on their way back from a fancy dress party, saw an oncoming car and decided to have a bit of fun.

My money is on animal seen from an unfamiliar angle.

Yes, I was kind of hinting at a hoax by my 'wanted to be seen'. A road spirit or whatever that actually waited for cars to pass would speak of a degree of intellect that I'm not sure could be possessed by anything non coporeal. Two in the morning would be an odd time though, anyone wanting to hoax someone would have had a heck of a wait. Unless it was a couple of pissed students who were on their way back from a fancy dress party, saw an oncoming car and decided to have a bit of fun.

My money is on animal seen from an unfamiliar angle.

A hoax is most likely opportunistic as you say, either that or there's a very odd individual about walking around in the middle of the night with a goats head on - there's nowt as queer as folk after all.

Regarding road spirits, or indeed any spirits: I doubt there's anything there we might refer to as intellect*. I think this phenomena are spontaneous as it were and likely only occur if seen or heard. They have little or no "reality" beyond the perceptions of the observer.

*Polt cases certainly do suggest intellect though, or the simulation of it somehow, which is a scary thought.

A hoax is most likely opportunistic as you say, either that or there's a very odd individual about walking around in the middle of the night with a goats head on - there's nowt as queer as folk after all.

Regarding road spirits, or indeed any spirits: I doubt there's anything there we might refer to as intellect*. I think this phenomena are spontaneous as it were and likely only occur if seen or heard. They have little or no "reality" beyond the perceptions of the observer.

*Polt cases certainly do suggest intellect though, or the simulation of it somehow, which is a scary thought.
Just to add to my 'animal from unfamiliar angle' - I see deer and hares regularly, maybe three or four times a week depending on the time of year. I can still have a 'what the hell is THAT!' moment occasioned by either species, when I see them unexpectedly. Deer moving through undergrowth have put sizeable willies up me on more than one occasion.

Animals sometimes go out in front of cars.

Intelligence's wait.

(As a rule...of course you might not notice things that cross after you pass).

Animals sometimes go out in front of cars.

Intelligence's wait.

(As a rule...of course you might not notice things that cross after you pass).
This is kind of my point. Anything walking out in front of a car is either not thinking about the damage that could be done (animal) or it WANTS to walk out in front of a car (and being there wanting to walk out in front of a car at two in the morning is pretty much only prank territory).

Back