• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Bigfoot's mother.jpg Wisdom from the New Yorker . . .

I posted this (oh god oh god) nearly fourteen years ago however no-one's ever come back on it, but given the Geraldo reference above does this jog any memories from thirty years ago?

I saw it in the States, not in his very limited exposure over here.
I've only just remembered this - and I hope someone else out there does as well - around Xmas '92, there was a chap who appeared on Montel Williams: I can't for the life of me remember his name, but he looked a lot like Gordon Liddy. Anyway, he was a Bigfoot authority, and stated categorically that not only did they exist, but proof was in the possession of various academics, including DNA evidence, spoors (which to put it politely were too big to come from a human gut), etc. He further stated that a significant number of naturalists were well aware of them and their habitat

There is no listing for a Montel Williams show with a guest discussing Bigfoot circa December 1992. It could have been a rerun episode.

Bigfoot researcher Robert Morgan appeared on Montel's show in April 1992, and his shaved head and mustache are consistent with a Liddy look. In that appearance Morgan declared Bigfoot definitely exists, but I couldn't correlate anything he said with the "proof" comments you cited.

That same year (in September) there was a Montel episode entitled "Elvis, Bigfoot and UFOs".

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-montel-williams-show/season-2/episode-24-elvis-bigfoot-and-ufos

I can't locate any video of this episode, and I get the impression it involved talking with "ordinary folk" witnesses rather than a Bigfoot expert.

Bigfoot researcher Robert Morgan appeared on Montel's show in April 1992, and his shaved head and mustache are consistent with a Liddy look. In that appearance Morgan declared Bigfoot definitely exists, but I couldn't correlate anything he said with the "proof" comments you cited.
That's him! Thank you - I may have conflated some of this with other programmes I saw at around the same time: it was a) thirty years ago and b) a distinctly merry Xmas time...

Aggressive bigoot encounter. English woman sees family of creatures and sees aggressive display.
https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-...JWZLpImr_HqOEQ9M82XqMLjfrn8GjDrauvFBUPd4DHXlo
Ah yes one of my all-time favourite episodes, Lordmongrove :)
I also loved the recent episode here https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep832-its-face-was-a-mans-face/
What's great is when the people recounting their experiences did not "have an interest in bigfoot" previously, and have no idea about the little details that keep cropping up here and there in others' accounts - as in those episodes.
Also one of the stand-out features of the episodes above is that you can hear the emotion in their voices as they mentally relive what happened to them. That's very compelling to me. Whether listeners want to believe they "really" saw a sasquatch or not, unless those witnesses are oscar-winning actors, they definitely experienced something that was as real to them as sitting and drinking your tea is here to you.

'Bigfoot photo' of 1894.
It looks like a quadruped to me. The lack of broad shoulders seems to be due to it having downwards facing scapula. On the head i can see what looks like floppy ears and a snout with a nose and nostrils visible. It looks like a rangy, long legged, shaggy haired dog.

'Bigfoot photo' of 1894.
It looks like a quadruped to me. The lack of broad shoulders seems to be due to it having downwards facing scapula. On the head i can see what looks like floppy ears and a snout with a nose and nostrils visible. It looks like a rangy, long legged, shaggy haired dog.

l’d guess that it’s a shot wolf.

I typed “shot wolf 1894” into Duckduckgo: lt revealed what might have prompted this photo (assuming the date and subject are as described):

ln 1893, Ernest Thompson Seton was sent to New Mexico to kill wolves. He was also a writer and illustrator. He encountered two trapped wolves, the sight of which changed his opinion of the animals. He wrote “The King of Currumpaw, A Wolf Story”, which was published in - drum roll - 1894.

https://mexicanwolves.org/wild-at-heart-ernest-thompson-seton/

He also produced this painting:

iu

Bottom line: Wolves were sexy in 1894’s North America.

maximus otter

Last edited:
l’d guess that it’s a shot wolf.

I typed “shot wolf 1894” into Duckduckgo: lt revealed what might have prompted this photo (assuming the date and subject are as described):

ln 1893, Ernest Thompson Seton was sent to New Mexico to kill wolves. He was also a writer and illustrator. He encountered two trapped wolves, the sight of which changed his opinion of the animals. He wrote “The King of Currumpaw, A Wolf Story”, which was published in - drum roll - 1894.

https://mexicanwolves.org/wild-at-heart-ernest-thompson-seton/

He also produced this painting:

iu

Bottom line: Wolves were sexy in 1894’s North America.

maximus otter
Thanks for the Seton link, MO. I had not known of him before. The photo looks like a dog to me, not a wolf. Floppy ears and really long shaggy fur.

Wolves, cougars, jaguars, and sasquatch are the four I am on the lookout for when I am in the boonies in Arizona. I am sure they have seen me, which is a somewhat uncomfortable feeling. The weirdest animals I have seen are coatimundis and coues deer.

So is Expedition Bigfoot worth watching or is it just her running around in some woods at night getting terrified every time an owl farts...?
I'm a bit disappointed with it. They seem to have had interesting results with the high-tech stuff they've been using - directional microphones, drones etc but only seem to use each device in one episode.
Most of it seems to be the team wandering around in the dark whispering "What's that? Did you hear that? It's over there! Something's moving over there! Oh, it's gone."

I'm a bit disappointed with it. They seem to have had interesting results with the high-tech stuff they've been using - directional microphones, drones etc but only seem to use each device in one episode.
Most of it seems to be the team wandering around in the dark whispering "What's that? Did you hear that? It's over there! Something's moving over there! Oh, it's gone."
It’s odd that they search at night given that more than 50% of Bigfoot reports I have read are daylight sightings (perhaps even 90%).%. But then they seem to be chasing ratings first and Bigfoot second….

It’s odd that they search at night given that more than 50% of Bigfoot reports I have read are daylight sightings (perhaps even 90%).%. But then they seem to be chasing ratings first and Bigfoot second….
I'd just cover a car with cameras pointing in every direction and drive up and down rural roads where there have been sightings. Bigfoot seems to have a habit of playing chicken with oncoming vehicles.

It's almost as if they don't want to be able to tell the difference between a Bigfoot and a man in a ghillie suit. :thought:

Back