• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

So do I. It wasn't quite as good as the first, (no disrespect to the 2nd season as it is brilliant), but friggin hell it had its many moments of me yelling at the screen. The final episode was just sublime.

How they do the " human turning into a zombie vs human" is just brilliant - nothing else has captured it apart from 28 days.

Just fantastic the only show that breathes dead life into this shambling genre of dull walking dead, fear the walking dead, etc.

What a great series and it was based on the lovely but jokey Z Nation.

I loved Z Nation - but obviously not the same as it had its roots in Return of the Living Dead.

When I started watching season 2 of BS - I made a phone call and said I was taking annual leave - It was worth taking time off.

I had completely forgotten about this show. Thanks for reminding me. I had a blast binge watching it. :D

Back! For the last ever season (apart from the spin-offs). Now THAT's a cliffhanger! In fact it was a double cliffhanger, but the second one had me going "woah!" like Keanu. Maybe they'll bow out with a return to form? Because this was a pretty effective way to get me looking forward to the rest of it.

Honesty's the best policy, Eugene! So finally we meet Stephanie. Will she be too good to be true?

Meanwhile, Maggie's not doing herself any favours, they could have totally opened and closed that door in time!

No idea who the chaps at the end were. Seems like there's nutters anywhere you turn these days.

Something that bothers me about this show - even if you hit hard enough, would it really be possible to put a knife through someone's skull? Zombie or otherwise? Wouldn't it just break the knife? Negan has the right idea with the crowbar.

…even if you hit hard enough, would it really be possible to put a knife through someone's skull? Zombie or otherwise?

Oh yes:

article-0-02D905B100000578-505_468x415.jpg

o-BRAZILIAN-KNIFE-HEAD-facebook.jpg

08416-xray-hmed-6a.jpg

(That last one’s a butter knife…)

maximus otter

Thanks - I'll remember that for the zombie apocalypse.

Back! For the last ever season (apart from the spin-offs). Now THAT's a cliffhanger! In fact it was a double cliffhanger, but the second one had me going "woah!" like Keanu. Maybe they'll bow out with a return to form? Because this was a pretty effective way to get me looking forward to the rest of it.

Only on Disney Plus though!
Bit naughty to switch subscription channels like that.
I'm certainly not taking out another subscription just to see how they finally put this overlong shaggy dog story out of its misery.

I'm sure it'll end up on other platforms eventually.

I'm sure it'll end up on other platforms eventually.

Eventually yes, because let's face it, Disney Plus with around 4 million UK subscribers is still a minnow compared with Sky's 24 million.

I still think it's shitty that AMC broadcast 10 series on Sky, but then took frigging Disney's 30 pieces of silver to extort yet more money from die-hard fans, who will probably fork out for the Disney subscription just to see the end of The Walking Dead before they draw their pensions.

I see this as setting a shabby precedent for future TV series.

Well, TWD is technically made by Fox, which is now owned by Disney, so blame Murdoch's Newscorp for chasing the dollars.

Oh well, the final Big Bad is another religious cult leader. Ho hum. Got a bit bored this episode, where's Eugene?

The rumour online is the Stephanie we see may not be the REAL Stephanie. I don't know if this show is that sophisticated, but we'll see. Princess's diversionary tactic was genuinely funny. Poor little Judith, least convincing badass ever, felt sorry for her when she was bullied.

This week's remembered it's a horror show and really went for it. Not bad at all (the ferals!). The Daryl stuff is still tiresome, though.

Bit out of character for Eugene to punch someone in the face, but I suppose they had to move the plot forward somehow.

Anyway, if you don't have Disney+ you can watch this last season on Amazon Prime Video. Also, Worlds Beyond is back this week (Sundays), for the hardy few who stuck with that (also presumably its last season).

Ah, the last mid-season cliffhanger. Like to think the basement was a reference to Night of the Living Dead. Wasn't expecting *a certain character* to die, but it might be more interesting this way, as the people involved really haven't been interesting so far. Now to stick around till 2022!

Bad taste, but I wonder if he was shot in the head.

Actor Moses J. Moseley, known for his role on “The Walking Dead,” has died. He was 31.

“He’s going to be missed very deeply. Everyone loves him. Everyone who met him fell in love with him the moment they met him. He was always smiling,” his manager Tabatha Minchew told HuffPost. “We’re all still trying to process what’s happening.”

She said his body was found in Stockbridge, Georgia, southeast of Atlanta in Henry County. Police are investigating the circumstances around the death, according to TMZ, which first reported the news.

TMZ said a family member reported that they hadn’t heard from Moseley since Jan. 23 and filed a missing person’s report Wednesday. The family member said he died of a gunshot wound, the tabloid reported.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/moses-j-moseley-dead-at-31_n_61f8789ce4b04f9a12c15721

Back back back, and that episode went like a rocket. Everybody was trying to outdo everyone else to see how nutty they could be (it was a tie between Maggie and Gabriel). And that ending? What the Hell? Are they just going crazy for the final run?

Just watched it. Completely agree - ten seconds of "how the fu...?" at the end.

I think Maggie won in the "going off on one" stakes, just about, by the way.

Something that bothers me about this show - even if you hit hard enough, would it really be possible to put a knife through someone's skull? Zombie or otherwise? Wouldn't it just break the knife? Negan has the right idea with the crowbar.
It annoyed me when I first saw them start knifing the skulls with apparently no problems and the skulls/insides are all mushy/soft.....not much force is needed.

They later seemed to suggest that is what happens to the walkers and it wasn't a mistake (I watch Talking Dead so the prog makers might have mentioned it on there) - their skulls/brains go softer than live humans......conveniently enough...... :hahazebs:

Maybe it depends how long they have been walkers for? Or maybe it just happens straight away?

It annoyed me when I first saw them start knifing the skulls with apparently no problems and the skulls/insides are all mushy/soft.....not much force is needed.

They later seemed to suggest that is what happens to the walkers and it wasn't a mistake (I watch Talking Dead so the prog makers might have mentioned it on there) - their skulls/brains go softer than live humans......conveniently enough...... :hahazebs:

Maybe it depends how long they have been walkers for? Or maybe it just happens straight away?

I don't know about that, when they do knifey-heady to the just-deceased (to prevent them turning), they don't have any problems with penetration either.

Just watched it. Completely agree - ten seconds of "how the fu...?" at the end.

I think Maggie won in the "going off on one" stakes, just about, by the way.

Even Mr Sensible Aaron was in a frenzy! He must be exhausted carrying that around!

Has Negan really gone away for good or will he appear again? What is Daryl up to?
Negan is so coming back. Probably to rescue everyone/complete redemption story arc, just when we've forgotten he exists, is my bet.

Daryl same - he's gone temporarily to the other side then will have an epiphany - but not for a few episodes.

I'll admit to being hooked by that ending - wasn't expecting it.

A recurring theme of TWD is that no society will ever be perfect, and they're sticking with that to the last, I see. And of course, little girls just love Motorhead.

Why is it that the weird guy in the new place has such a strange hairstyle that looks like a wig? Is that what passes for post-apocalyptic style these days?

Why is it that the weird guy in the new place has such a strange hairstyle that looks like a wig? Is that what passes for post-apocalyptic style these days?

Bad news: Nicky Clarke didn't survive the zombie apocalypse.

Proper 1970s conspiracy episode, even someone posing as a plumber a la Watergate! Hope it works out well for Eugene, Josh McDermitt is so good at playing wretched that you forget Eugene has been through the wringer more than most on this show, but saved every one of the heroes a few seasons ago. Hope he's finally found his Stephanie...

Proper 1970s conspiracy episode, even someone posing as a plumber a la Watergate! Hope it works out well for Eugene, Josh McDermitt is so good at playing wretched that you forget Eugene has been through the wringer more than most on this show, but saved every one of the heroes a few seasons ago. Hope he's finally found his Stephanie...
Eugene is such a great character. Hope he survives to the very end. Interesting to think how cowardly he and Gabriel were, when we first encountered them - and what a long way they've come. It's great that they're still standing as they both had introductions into the show that made you think they wouldn't be long for this world. And sometimes the most unlikely people prevail.

Am also holding out for Ezekiel to get life-saving surgery lol.

Back