• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

I don’t know why UFOs have a fascination with airports and airplanes ?

The most famous was 2006 at United Airlines gate C-17 Chicago O’Hare Airport where a UFO hovered for 5 minutes.

The FAA classified this as a weather phenomenon even though 12 United Airlines employees composed of pilots, supervisors, and mechanics said otherwise !

The FAA classified this as a weather phenomenon even though 12 United Airlines employees composed of pilots, supervisors, and mechanics said otherwise !
Those 12 witnesses gave very different descriptions of the phenomenon, though. One (Witness 'A') said it was as big as a quarter held at arms length (up to 88 feet across at the height of the cloud) while another ('E') said it was as big as a bird. Several described a 'hole' in the overcast, which suggests it was a meteorological phenomenon known as a 'hole-punch cloud'.

I think the FAA was probably correct, although there may have been an aircraft of some sort involved in the formation of the hole-punch; that is usually how these things are created, when an aircraft passes through a layer of stratus.

On the subject of UFOs near airports, I am reminded of the 'drone panic' at Gatwick, where dozens of phantom drones were reported but none were ever photographed or caught on radar. The most likely explanation is that there were no drones.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/01/the-mystery-of-the-gatwick-drone

At about 5pm, Mitchell was parked at the end of the runway with a colleague when something caught his eye: a red and green light, hovering in the distance. This was it. He reported the drone to police, before jumping out of the car to start snapping. “I thought, we’ve got it, and the idiot flying it,” he said. “That was the money shot.”
But when he opened up the image on his computer, ready to send to his editors, he realised he’d made a mistake. The image did not show a drone. It was a helicopter hovering 10 miles away; between the darkness and the distance, his eyes had played a trick on him. “If I’m making a mistake – and I fly drones two or three times a week – then God help us, because others will have no idea,” he said. He called police to retract his reported sighting.
At 6pm, military trucks arrived at Gatwick with an anti-drone system designed for battlefield operation, and installed it on the roof of the south terminal. This system can track and disable drones; it works by jamming the radio frequency connecting the drone to its controller. At 9.30pm, Gatwick’s chief operating officer Chris Woodroofe announced that the airport would remain closed overnight because of new drone sightings. The military system was operational by around 10pm. It did not pick up a single thing.

CBS news Ukraine director in the Ukraine, Kostyantine Lytvynenko, claims UFOs have been destroying Russian tanks.

I know this way out, it could be a reason why Putin has not fully used the Russian might of their Air Force.

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/ufo-attac...e-tanks-says-cbn-news-ukraine-director-846364
That's from an Indian publication, and, well, they do tend to use hyperbole and seem to be highly credulous (i.e. they are very ready to believe stuff). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but... pinch of salt, etc.

I do hope so.
Would love to think they would put a stop to idiot politicians chucking nukes about.

:omr:

Being called the Irish 1997 “ Phoenix Lights “, the “ V” shaped UFO that was seen by several dozens in the cities of Sligo, Donegal, Leitrim, and Limerick produced many inquiries to the authorities.
Unfortunately, there's not that much to it, just some fragmented reports and not consistent.

Wish it were otherwise... would be far more fascinating!

Came across this though, which is 'weird'...

Bizarre Midair UFO Sighting Freaks Out...

... Came across this though, which is 'weird'...

It is weird, but ... It's pretty obviously the contrail from a multi-engine jet rising out of a cloud / haze boundary layer and making a turn to port before leveling off somewhat. The forward / front part is visibly emanating from two sources side-by-side, and the two separate trails in the later shots seem to be stacked owing to the port-ward turn (which is already evident in the earlier shots).

It's pretty obviously the contrail from a multi-engine jet rising out of a cloud / haze boundary layer and making a turn to port before leveling off somewhat.
Would never have made this connection!

That's about it though... really struggled to find anything else seriously anomalous from YouTube 'UFO' uploads, in recent years.

There aren't actually that many of them...

Sure there are, if you watch 'The Osbournes Want to Believe' with Ozzy and Sharon, and their son Jack showing clips of UFO's and all types of paranormal incidents.
Some really odd things are shown, I don't believe them all, but some are very strange.

CBS news Ukraine director in the Ukraine, Kostyantine Lytvynenko, claims UFOs have been destroying Russian tanks.

I know this way out, it could be a reason why Putin has not fully used the Russian might of their Air Force.

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/ufo-attac...e-tanks-says-cbn-news-ukraine-director-846364

Reading the report, Lytvynenko states that he is reporting on a phone call made by an anonymous third party, a Ukrainian soldier who called his family to report that he was about to be overrun by Russian forces.

This unknown soldier’s father apparently prayed, then a “UFO” destroyed an attacking Russian tank, presumably saving the soldier.

I don’t think that we have to peer too closely at this in order to understand: A terrified squaddie is on the phone, bidding an emotional farewell to his family, when a weapons system unknown to the squaddie destroys a Russian tank. l believe that we can probably chalk this one up to “divine intervention” by “St. Javelin”:

St-Javelin-1268x1536.jpeg

maximus otter

Last edited:
Reading the report, Lytvynenko states that he is reporting on a phone call made by an anonymous third party, a Ukrainian soldier who called his family to report that he was about to be overrun by Russian forces.

This unknown soldier’s father apparently prayed, then a “UFO” destroyed an attacking Russian tank, presumably saving the soldier.

I don’t think that we have to peer too closely at this in order to understand: A terrified squaddie is on the phone, bidding an emotional farewell to his family, when a weapons system unknown to the squaddie destroys a Russian tank. l believe that we can probably chalk this one up to “divine intervention” by “St. Javelin”:

St-Javelin-1268x1536.jpeg

maximus otter
Our Lady of the Popped Turret.

I hardly need to point out that those lenticular objects are supposed to depict clouds;
granted, they are miraculous snowclouds, but not exactly nuts-and-bolts alien spacecraft.
Could signify the black, or the white smoke signals for the new Pope?

It also looks like an early game of golf.
I think it's a painting of the dream of the guy with the sexy legs. He's been invited to a game of golf with the pope but forgotten to put his tights on. Not only is there a huge crowd watching but also Jesus and Mary on a cloud.

Unfortunately, there's not that much to it, just some fragmented reports and not consistent.

Wish it were otherwise... would be far more fascinating!

Came across this though, which is 'weird'...

Bizarre Midair UFO Sighting Freaks Out...

It’s an aircraft contrail

(sorry if anyone else has already stated this)

A couple of years ago I noticed a plane and its contrail going in the opposite direction past the windows of the plane I was on. The apparent speed of the other plane was particularly striking, as the two speeds were combined to make a relative velocity in the high hundreds of miles per hour; also surprising was the dark, dirty colour of the contrail when contrasted with the white clouds below.

Honestly, these aircraft kick out a whole lot of smoke and other crap.

Mr Jackson may find it more prudent to stay dead, financially speaking.

Edward Jones from Liverpool posted an UFO picture but received much skepticism.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-convinced-hes-spotted-ufo-26499691

There are over 200 bird species recorded as observed on or over Svalbard. These include larger birds like buzzards, geese, herons and egrets.

http://www.svalbardbirds.com/species.html

The silhouetted shape in the Mirror photo looks like a larger bird flying horizontally and photographed at the extreme "down-stroke" of its wings. The shape is asymmetrical horizontally, with a thinner extension to the left and a fatter extension to the right. There is no visible gap to suggest the downward extension represents multiple things (e.g., legs).

The claim that this shape represents something hovering comes exclusively from the photographer's separate description of the scene.

Back