• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Defenestration (Thrown Out A Window / Off A Height): Miscellaneous

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Teacher throws 'noisy' Moroccan schoolboys out of window
October 7, 2003

Two Moroccan schoolboys were injured today when their teacher threw them out of a first floor classroom window for being too noisy, an Education Ministry official said.

One of the pupils, aged nine, ended up in hospital with a fractured shoulder and serious injuries to his face and head.

The other, aged 10, suffered only slight injuries, the official from the ministry's delegation in Casablanca said.

He said the teacher had warned the pair she would throw them out if they were not quiet.

"They did not listen. They should have listened," he told Reuters by telephone. "She (the teacher) suffers depression."

The official had no comment on whether the teacher would be disciplined.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/07/1065292552362.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my favourote words ... And my absolute favourite :-

Defenestration
a noun that means "The action of throwing someone out of a window.

And my absolute favourite :-

Defenestration

It intrigues me that this form of mayhem has its own word. So far as I know, there is no word for pushing someone down the stairs (descalation?) or dropping weighty objects on their head from a great height (wilecoyotification?). Did pushing people out of windows become a wildly popular fad (a meme?) after its introduction in 1618 Prague?

It intrigues me that this form of mayhem has its own word. So far as I know, there is no word for pushing someone down the stairs (descalation?) or dropping weighty objects on their head from a great height (wilecoyotification?). Did pushing people out of windows become a wildly popular fad (a meme?) after its introduction in 1618 Prague?
I would like to think so, it doesnt happen enough these days for my liking, it was always a favourite in old westerns though :p

And my absolute favourite :-

Defenestration

The term is important in the play Accidental Death of an Anarchist by the mighty, late Dario Fo, which examines the defenestration of the eponymous erstwhile prisoner.

The word defenestration is from the Defenestration of Prague centuries ago.

The word defenestration is from the Defenestration of Prague centuries ago.
A cause of much hilarity to myself and my fellow classmates for reasons I cannot now entirely remember, but possibly to do with having such a ridiculously posh word for chucking someone out of a window :)

"Would you care to defenestrate that fag end, young Smythe?" "No, no, if it's all the same to you I save all the bitter ends for the early morning rollie to clear my bronchial tract"

A few celebrities have died by jumping from high places, like film star Capucine or film director Tony Scott. Not sure I can think of one who specifically jumped from a hotel window, though.

A few celebrities have died by jumping from high places, like film star Capucine or film director Tony Scott. Not sure I can think of one who specifically jumped from a hotel window, though.
Al Mulock did. I don't think that's who I was thinking of, but they did did the same year so maybe.

Al Mulock did. I don't think that's who I was thinking of, but they did did the same year so maybe.
Sergio Leone showed his caring side
Al Mulock, who played one of the three gunmen in the opening sequence, committed suicide by jumping from his hotel window in full costume after a day's shooting. Production manager Claudio Mancini and screenwriter Mickey Knox, who were sitting in a room in the hotel, witnessed Mulock's body pass by their window. Knox recalled in an interview that while Mancini put Mulock in his car to drive him to the hospital, director Sergio Leone said to Mancini, "Get the costume! We need the costume!"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/trivia/?ref_=tt_ql_trv

I always get Al Mulock mixed up with Frank Wolff. Apologies to both.

Government bio-warfare scientist Frank Olson fell to his death from a New York hotel window in 1953. It was claimed later that Olson's death was covered up by framing it as a suicide resulting from secret LSD experiments.

Much has been written and broadcast about the controversial last days of a troubled Frank Olson. When he crashed to his death from the 10th floor of a New York City hotel in 1953, police immediately logged it as a suicide. But one of the first skeptics was Armond Pastore, now 82 years old and living in Suntree. Pastore, the erstwhile night manager of the Pennsylvania Hotel, was the first to approach Olson's broken body. He'd seen jumpers before, but this one was completely different. "Suicides," he reasoned, "don't jump through glass." Pastore concluded the fix was in when no one bothered to interview him about what he saw that night.

Frank Olson Cover-Up
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/frank-olson-cover-up.6011/

Last edited:
Back