• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

LOVE Nick Pope, I highly respect him and value any opinion he has. He is always on our tv, especially the 'Ancient Aliens' shows that The History Channel does.
Genuinely...

95beb0f8c6059b114e55fd5a8f117a9c.jpeg

I think Nick Pope works hard on these cases and does quite a bit of research, he appears often on our History Channel.
Why worry about my opinion, we all have one.

Since it was a balloon, perhaps the pilot was Phineas Fogg.
Side note, as a kid I used to watch a cartoon show called Willy Fog, it was basically an anthropomorphic animals version of round the world in 80 days.

Had a great them song I still whistle to this day.

How's that for keeping a thread on topic!

I always say this but beings with god-like interstellar travel capabilities are hardly likely to fly around our atmosphere in crafts that are roughly analogous to the tech we have.

Much depends on how homogeneously technology is distributed across more advanced civilizations.

For example, nuclear-powered aircraft carriers or submarines probably represent the current pinnacle of human nautical technology. However, if we look at the full spectrum of watercraft that humans deploy, then we see that most are considerably less advanced and sturdy. Heck, people go to sea in little more than washtubs, either as a result of a record attempt/dare, or some sort of emergency.

If a particular civilization develops drives capable of bridging the gulf between worlds that are cheap enough for individuals to own and small enough to fit into a pressurized hull of whatever size, then why wouldn't people go day tripping in what amount to tin cans? When I lived in Hawaii, the papers regularly reported local cases of humans going out onto the high seas of the Central Pacific in ludicrously inadequate craft, regulatory agencies be damned!

Maybe unearthly beings arriving by balloon have just survived atmospheric reentry in their equivalent of a rubber raft.

Since it was a balloon, perhaps the pilot was Phineas Fogg.
Point of information (and forgive me for going a bit off topic): there is no use of an air balloon by Phileas Fogg in Around the World in Eighty Days!

This is a common `Mythconception`.

Fogg and his associates employ rail and various types of steam boat and a wind powered sledge at one point - as well as, I believe, riding on the back of a n elephant - but no air balloon.

The novel is very much about the shrinkage of the world brought about by the cutting edge transport technology of the day - viz train and steam boat - air balloons are slow and unreliable and do not fit that theme.

.The 1956 film version of the book features an air balloon and of course another Jules Verne novel is called Five Weeks in a Balloon (1863).

The situation is not helped by the fact that a lot of illustrators employ an air balloon as the Go-To image for the cover publications of the book!

More here:
https://jedibyknight.com/2014/07/19/there-is-no-hot-air-balloon-in-around-the-world-in-eighty-days/

Point of information (and forgive me for going a bit off topic): there is no use of an air balloon by Phileas Fogg in Around the World in Eighty Days!

Fogg and his associates employ rail and various types of steam boat and a wind powered sledge at one point - as well as, I believe, riding on the back of a n elephant - but no air balloon.

The novel is very much about the shrinkage of the world brought about by the cutting edge transport technology of the day - viz train and steam boat - air balloons are slow and unreliable and do not fit that theme.

.The 1956 film version of the book features an air balloon and of course another Jules Verne novel is called Five Weeks in a Balloon (1863).

The situation is not helped by the fact that a lot of illustrators employ an air balloon as the Go-To image for the cover publications of the book!

More here:
https://jedibyknight.com/2014/07/19/there-is-no-hot-air-balloon-in-around-the-world-in-eighty-days/
I've never read the book.
Great Post!

Much depends on how homogeneously technology is distributed across more advanced civilizations.

For example, nuclear-powered aircraft carriers or submarines probably represent the current pinnacle of human nautical technology. However, if we look at the full spectrum of watercraft that humans deploy, then we see that most are considerably less advanced and sturdy. Heck, people go to sea in little more than washtubs, either as a result of a record attempt/dare, or some sort of emergency.

If a particular civilization develops drives capable of bridging the gulf between worlds that are cheap enough for individuals to own and small enough to fit into a pressurized hull of whatever size, then why wouldn't people go day tripping in what amount to tin cans? When I lived in Hawaii, the papers regularly reported local cases of humans going out onto the high seas of the Central Pacific in ludicrously inadequate craft, regulatory agencies be damned!

Maybe unearthly beings arriving by balloon have just survived atmospheric reentry in their equivalent of a rubber raft.

It would be funny if an alien/time traveller/thing of origin we'd never previously dreamed of turned up and said "Can we keep this between us? The Warp Drive Regulatory Commission will be really angry at me if they find out I came here. I'm supposed to be visiting the Bootes Void."

I did know that, actually. The character Phineas Fogg is indelibly associated with balloons nowadays, though, thanks to the 1956 film.

Here are Saul Bass' animated end credits, which show the events of the film in caricature. The depiction of Robert Newton is particularly touching (this was his last film, since he drank himself to death after filming ended).

Canada released an unorganized 20 years of UFO reports.

So far, it seems the Canadian Royal Air Force ignored all UFO sightings even the most credible events with radar readings and multiple witnesses.

The US release which was going to/totally did/totally didn't prove the existence of alien civilization spacescraft?

Please can a generous soul (or two or three!) summarise what it said, now that people can look back at it and time has gone by for analysis?

This isn't my subject and trying to read this section of the place gives me a stress headache :( I can't seem to get up to speed on it at all.

Well Frideswide,

To think about UFOs it helps to be drunk to keep your head from exploding.

I saw my first UFO when I was in the 4th grade, and I have not found any answers.

It is like do you believe that God exists or you don’t believe in something not seen.

So far amid the tons of circumstantial evidence, no real proof of UFOs.

Well Frideswide,

To think about UFOs it helps to be drunk to keep your head from exploding.

I saw my first UFO when I was in the 4th grade, and I have not found any answers.

It is like do you believe that God exists or you don’t believe in something not seen.

So far amid the tons of circumstantial evidence, no real proof of UFOs.
Of course not, they won't allow us to see / hear proof of UFO's.
My opinion is that the world governments know they cannot possibly keep up with their astronomical speeds, so there is not much they can do about these things. I believe that they are always watching the UFO reports, especially landings / abductions, because they are not sure if these things are friendly, or have ulterior motives, or are simply time machines from the future.
So they play the reports down and make silly excuses such as 'swamp gas', etc., as J. Allen Hynek found out. He originally started out working for the government and eventually came to the realization that these UFO's are real. Very telling that an investigator actually did that.
And after seeing one of these things in action, there are no doubts in my mind either.

Here's the report released in June 2021 by the US Intelligence service:
https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf
Supposedly this is only the stuff which can be released- the rest is secret and sensitive. Some members of the Senate and other officials have received a more detailed 'classified' version, known as the Classified Annexe, which goes into more detail.

This report says that 143 out of 144 reports described have not yet been explained, but little else.

A wiki page about the report
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_Report_(U.S._Intelligence)
University of Pennsylvania historian Kathryn Dorsch sees parallels with Cold War era interest in UFOs and says that alien-piloted UFOs are not a likely explanation. According to Dorsch, “God love the US Air Force, but answering fundamental epistemological questions is not super high on their to-do list. This is why the military has always struggled with this UFO question. They want to know if this thing is a threat, and if it’s not, great.”[41]

There are supposed to be regular updates from this committee, but none have been released yet, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
A large deflating balloon.

(By a strange coincidence that is also the most likely explanation for the saucer I saw back in 1966).

A large deflating balloon.

(By a strange coincidence that is also the most likely explanation for the saucer I saw back in 1966).

Thank you! I can now return to my attempts to read through the rest of this are of the site :oldm:

Side note, as a kid I used to watch a cartoon show called Willy Fog, it was basically an anthropomorphic animals version of round the world in 80 days.

Had a great them song I still whistle to this day.

How's that for keeping a thread on topic!
I liked the theme tune but couldn't keep me hooked like Dogtanian.

Whatever one's personal opinion on the question of any 'cover-up', I was recently watching a documentary about the size of the universe and it was mentioned there are more stars/suns in the universe than grains of sand on earth.

Whether or not 'they' are here, seems a reasonable conclusion they are out there!

Still can't get my head around the scale of it all. :)

Separately regarding the 'Joe Simonton' thread, I unearthed a related article from NICAP'S 'U.F.O. Investigator', July/August, 1961 newsletter.

However, the following also appears in an article from that same newsletter and directly pertinent to this thread:

IMG_20220304_220531.jpg

Over 60 years later and a failure to provide any proof of the allegation...

Conversely, if you had said back then, that 60 years from now, it would still prove fruitless....

What seems categorically proven, is that there never was a 'flying saucer' cover-up at all?

A tiny piece of the UFO puzzle has come to light in a weird way.

Director of National Intelligence, Avril Haines, criticized the U. S. excessive use of “ top secret “ classifications on different levels which causes distrust among different U. S. departments of intelligence and produces lack of cooperation.

In her criticism she alluded to that UAP information has been unfairly obliterated.

Obama’s Presidential Library Has Thousands of Files on UFOs

The Barack Obama Presidential Library claims it has “3,440 pages and 26,271 electronic files” possibly related to the existence of UFOs and related phenomenon.

We know this thanks to a Freedom of Information Act request filed by John Greenewald Jr., of The Black Vault, a clearinghouse of declassified government documents. Greenewald asked the Presidential Library for “documents and communications about the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program and photos and videos of Unidentified Flying Objects, Unidentified Aerial Phenomena/Phenomenon and the Advanced Aerospace Weapons Systems Application Program.”

Obama himself is on record saying that UFOs are real. “When it comes to aliens, there are some things I just can’t tell you on air,” he told Reggie Watts during a 2021 appearance on The Late Show with James Corden. “But what is true is that there is footage and records of objects in the sky that we don’t know exactly what they are. How they move, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. So I think that people still take that seriously and try to figure out what that is.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgmnqd/obamas-presidential-library-has-thousands-of-files-on-ufos

maximus otter

From that article;
Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pursued the truth of UFOs relentlessly in and out of office. A former staffer of Reid’s told Politico the quest didn’t pan out. “After a while, the consensus was we really couldn’t find anything of substance. They produced reams of paperwork. After all of that, there was really nothing there that we could find.

Here's Mick West's latest video about the GIMBAL clip from the US Navy.
So far the analysis has explained just about everything in the clip; however the identity of the plane concerned is still a mystery, so it is still, technically, a UFO.

Here is the insanity of it all, and the joke of it all !

Governments that try to discredit UFOs as it turns out that their intelligence agencies and their presidential libraries have tons of UFO documents.

And these governments go to great lengths to convince the public that UFOs are fairy tales, but they kept their UFO secrets.

The insanity !

David Clarke campaigned for the 'tons of UFO documents' held by the UK government to be released, but they turned out to be mostly nonsense. Sturgeon's Law states that '90% of everything is crap', and if the other 10% is interesting, it can take weeks or months of patient analysis by people like West to find out what is really happening.

If Harry Reid's staffers couldn't find anything of interest, I doubt anyone else will.

The Obama Presidential Library put a stop to Obama’s UFO papers saying this information will not be available for 16 years.

Ufologist have guess that possibly Obama was upset about reports of off world vehicles and had correspondent with different intelligence agencies.

Right in front of The Late Show as told in above post, Obama seemed very concern about UFOs in front of the TV audience.

You can’t say this did not happen.

He actually said;
"We can't explain how they move, their trajectory," he said. "They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so I think that people still take seriously, trying to investigate and figure out what that is."

Obama is right; in many cases the characteristics of these UAPs are not easily explainable. But using sophisticated modelling techniques and frame-by-frame analysis, many of these mysteries can be unravelled in due course.

FLIR1, GIMBAL and GOFAST have all been analysed in this fashion, and quite often the original assumptions have found to be false;
FLIR1 does not show the object flying rapidly out of view (instead the sensor loses contact with it when the camera changes magnification).
GIMBAL does not show a saucer-shaped object flying sideways against the wind (the saucer-like appearance is a glare, and the movement of the object is entirely explained by the movement of the aircraft taking the movie).
GOFAST does not show an object moving rapidly over the sea surface (instead it shows an object thousands of feet above the surface, apparently moving because of parallax: once again the movement of the object is explained by the movement of the aircraft taking the movie).

The fact that these characteristics are not easily explainable does not mean we should just give up and blame aliens, or extradimensional beings. It just means that we need to put more work into the analysis.

Activist Publishes Redacted Version of Classified Military UFO Report

Last June, the Department of Defense released a long-awaited and much-hyped document called “Preliminary Assessment: Unidentified Aerial Phenomena,” detailing the government’s knowledge of UFOs and its programs trying to detect and catalog them. Many UFOlogists hoped that the “UFO report” would be a watershed moment in the field, showing that the government was taking UFOs seriously and, perhaps, explaining what the government thought they were.

Unfortunately, the nine-page report was pretty underwhelming; for the most part it revealed things we already knew, and read primarily like a plea from the DoD for more funding. Tantalizingly, we were told that members of Congress received a classified briefing with more information that would likely never be released to the public.

John Greenewald, the government transparency virtuoso behind the Black Vault, however, has a gift for us today: A redacted version of the classified report, obtained by filing a mandatory declassification review. This version of the report is longer and much more interesting—detailing, for example, the most “common shapes” of UFOs spotted by the military.

Certain sections of the classified report, such as one called “And a Handful of UAP Appear to Demonstrate Advanced Technology,” have far more detail on specific incidents that the Department of Defense cannot explain and that are not mentioned in the public report, including seemingly two different incidents witnessed by multiple pilots and officers in the Navy.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7d...ted-version-of-classified-military-ufo-report

The Black Vault article:

https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...-report-given-to-congress-partially-released/

The report itself:

https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/odni/DEOM-2021-00006.pdf

maximus otter

Back