• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is There Likely To Be An UnCon In The Near Future?

Bear in mind there hadn't been one in at least a decade pre-Covid. They're not cheap to stage and for a long time the mag had a publisher that didn't like spending money. In the medium to long term, who knows, but near-future? Seriously doubt it. Sorry.

I’ve only ever been to one Uncon but that was memorable for the few minutes I spent chatting to Ken Campbell outside. They were previewing the Santilli Alien Autopsy film inside.
I wonder now if there’s any need for a convention when interest is continually promoted by blogs, youtube and other social media. Also, there’s zoom now so discussions and lectures can be held online with audience questions submitted well in advance. Self publishing no longer needs a wallpapering table of product as there’s other outlets.

Echoing what Stu said. No.

However other events are available.

The Edinburgh Fortean Society are likely to have one in the next year or two. Glasgow have the SPI conference in June this year and in week or two there is Weird Weekend North.

Last edited:
Then we'll just hold our own, right here on the forum.

HVg.gif
a9b8aa94-c71c-4a06-b490-14b52f40ebc8_364x202.gif
YvQpWmF.gif

We're up and preparing for the drive to Rixton. :)

The venue is very nice but it's in the middle of nowhere and there's no catering apart from hot drinks and biscuits. There's a pub close by but they don't do instant food.

When I go to a conference I expect to buy food, either at the venue or close by, and I don't mind shelling out for it. A burger van would do!

We're stopping at the patrol station this year on the way for a Meal Deal. :chuckle:

Hope you all have a suitably esoteric yet enjoyable experience. I'm sorry not to be joining you, although for the first time in years I'm on the same landmass, nay, in the same county.

We're up and preparing for the drive to Rixton. :)

The venue is very nice but it's in the middle of nowhere and there's no catering apart from hot drinks and biscuits. There's a pub close by but they don't do instant food.

When I go to a conference I expect to buy food, either at the venue or close by, and I don't mind shelling out for it. A burger van would do!

We're stopping at the patrol station this year on the way for a Meal Deal. :chuckle:
Hope you all have a suitably esoteric yet enjoyable experience. I'm sorry not to be joining you, although for the first time in years I'm on the same landmass, nay, in the same county.
It's Rixton, so it will be both an esoteric experience and an erotic one, naturally....

Maybe we could get up a Forum Convention?
That was the first thought that struct me as a scrolled through the answers to this thread. It would be great idea if we could get something together. Although I would always prefer a physical get together if logistics and life render that impossible there's always the prospect of meeting via Zoom or Teams ect. Food for thought maybe it would be interesting to see if there's any support from our members and if so for what exactly!

on this forum there are a lot of brainy bods who could give interesting talks, but i suppose it comes down to money in the end, how would it be paid for?

That was the first thought that struct me as a scrolled through the answers to this thread. It would be great idea if we could get something together. Although I would always prefer a physical get together if logistics and life render that impossible there's always the prospect of meeting via Zoom or Teams ect. Food for thought maybe it would be interesting to see if there's any support from our members and if so for what exactly!
A virtual meeting? That sounds intriguing, and probably much more doable than an analogue event.

Back