• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
That's not a saddle.
This is a saddle.
1646931129827.png

Actually it's a Howdah, with a rear seat with a chap holding an umbrella over you, but it looks much more comfortable than anything you'd get on bike of any sort.

Not for the elephant.
I knew a guy when I was at school whose father had been a mahout for many years before the family came to England.
He told me that if elephants didn't want to do something, they didn't do it.
Mostly (except for the ones that had been badly mistreated) elephants were revered, and raised and trained by one family since very very young. You quickly learn not to mess with a pissed off elephant.

When the Circus last came to Town (village), they bought elephants (I bought the parents). The nellies were let loose in a field (I have a photo somewhere) and the local farmer was approached for the finest hay he had, money no object. These were bales usually reserved for the race horses at Epsom. The Circus owner was in tears over letters in the local paper about cruelty to animals - she tried to explain that the animals were treated as family and responded to kindness and respect far more readily than by punishment.

I knew a guy when I was at school whose father had been a mahout for many years before the family came to England.
Mostly (except for the ones that had been badly mistreated) elephants were revered, and raised and trained by one family since very very young. You quickly learn not to mess with a pissed off elephant.
Yeah, execution by elephant was not nice.

Joking aside, there is a movement now to stop people riding elephants, tourists and the like. Martin Clunes got into trouble for it on a TV show a couple of years back.

With those ears I'm surprised they didn't mistake him for an elephant.

I would love to learn sidesaddle. But I think I really just like the outfits.

I feel it's cheating that, back to victorian days, you wear jodhpurs under the skirt!

I've never considered Martin Clunes a candidate for the sex industry. So that's something. Strange folk around here.

Shortly after reading your post, I was looking at another website.
Imagine my horror when an advert popped up seeming to confirm your worst fear @GNC , that a session of rumpy pumpy with Clunes can be purchased.
And not expensive either.
What's more, more than one person can book....

mclunes.jpg

Shortly after reading your post, I was looking at another website.
Imagine my horror when an advert popped up seeming to confirm your worst fear @GNC , that a session of rumpy pumpy with Clunes can be purchased.
And not expensive either.
What's more, more than one person can book....

View attachment 53015

Sixteen quid?! He might as well do it for free. And he's flexible.

I see some of your rents are escalating like ours, here in NJ we are being priced out of the state.

I see some of your rents are escalating like ours, here in NJ we are being priced out of the state.
You fail to understand that here in the UK we live in overpopulated areas with tiny inadequate houses all squished against each other and when we move, it’s usually into a similar area with tiny inadequate houses but nearer a new job. Some of us live in Manhutches.

You fail to understand that here in the UK we live in overpopulated areas with tiny inadequate houses all squished against each other and when we move, it’s usually into a similar area with tiny inadequate houses but nearer a new job. Some of us live in Manhutches.
Perhaps - but at least you have trees and grass!
And NJ is the most densely populated state in this huge country, unfortunately.

Plus point. We don’t have animal rabies.
And I think your definition of overpopulated would change if you bought a new build over here.

Back