• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Large Snakes

There are also Nagas. Some representation have them as huge water snakes. Some have a large serpent like appearance. Some are drawn like Mermaids, a topless woman on the end of a snake tail.

There are also Nagas. Some representation have them as huge water snakes. Some have a large serpent like appearance. Some are drawn like Mermaids, a topless woman on the end of a snake tail.
Anyone would think that men came up with the idea of these creatures.

Is there a thread somewhere about mythological or cryptid creatures that take the form of the bottom half of an animal, and the top half of a woman in a comfy loose fitting sweater with a turtle neck?

Anyone would think that men came up with the idea of these creatures.

Is there a thread somewhere about mythological or cryptid creatures that take the form of the bottom half of an animal, and the top half of a woman in a comfy loose fitting sweater with a turtle neck?
Arctic Centaurs.

Dracanope and Nure-Onna are much more 2 scarier species of half women half snake. Very similar when hunting. They disguise themselves in long robes, in shadows or in thick hedge. Both species only ever having their very beautiful faces on show. Men over the years come for a kiss, sometimes it's a more sexual thing like felato. But then Dracanope and Nure-Onna spring into action they are all snake from the neck down. They devour the men. Dracanope are slightly easier to spot they evolved their faces through the ages to look like women faces. So still ever so slightly snake like. Nure-Onna your dead for sure they have a human female head on them. Whether this actually means they are a normal snake or another larger species killing women and then climbing into their heads to wee woo men with is open to interpretation. I don't personally think the Nura-Onna do climb into women's heads. I believe they're just born with a human female head. So now the women think they have gotten away without no trouble, hold on, but what do I see there. Hello Mr. handsome it's a good thing I'm a lesbian because you don't fool me. Behold the male of the species Zhuyin. A man's head on a snakes body. They can control the weather by opening and closing their eyes. Which could really impress or scare a woman. They also have Dragon heritage in them. Some subspecies are still lethal but on the side of what is deemed good.

In Indo-china, the naga is a giant snake with a crest or fin on it's head.

http://www.cfz.org.uk/expeditions/00naga/naga1.htm

http://www.cfz.org.uk/expeditions/00naga/naga2.htm
I think Jeremy Wade made a pretty convincing argument the Naga is an Oarfish.
1613480975707.jpeg

You wouldn't forget an oarfish in a hurry.

Is it true they are found in all seas?

Here's another massive one caught in Florida:

Python.jpeg

A Giant 185-Pound Florida Python May Be the New State Record​

Enough Burmese pythons have been captured and removed from Collier County, Florida, to weigh more than three fully-rigged F-150 Ford pickup truck.
Included in that cumulative one-county-only haul since 2013 are the heaviest female and male pythons on record in Florida: 185-pounds [captured most recently] and 140-pounds, respectively, according to Naples biologist Ian Bartoszek, and reported by South Florida ABC7-TV.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/florida-python-record/

An obese boa, probably ate all of the rats in the area.

An 8ft (2.4m) boa constrictor has been found close to some bins on the outskirts of Bristol.

A member of the public contacted the police after finding the snake in Long Cross in the suburb of Lawrence Weston. The RSPCA, which is now caring for the reptile, said it was trying to establish how it came to be in the waste area. It said the animal was in a poor condition, had lots of scars and was very overweight.

Boa constrictors, which kill their prey by crushing them, are usually found in South America and the Caribbean, but after often kept as pets in other countries.

RSPCA rescue officer Clara Scully urged anyone with information to contact the charity about the snake found in Lawrence Weston.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-58242964

Just shopping.

A grocery run turned into a snake rescue for an Australian woman when she was greeted by a python poking out from a supermarket shelf.

Helaina Alati, 25, was at a Sydney store on Monday when the 3m non-venomous snake slithered out.The Woolworths supermarket lies on the edge of a large expanse of bushland on the city's north- west outskirts. But encountering a snake in the spice aisle is not what Ms Alati expected.

Fortunately for both parties, Ms Alati is a wildlife rescuer and familiar with snakes.

"I just turned my head and he was about 20cm from my face, just looking straight at me," she told the BBC.

She did a double-take but remained calm. No one else was around. Recognising it instantly as a diamond python, Ms Alati knew it wasn't venomous as it protruded and flicked its tongue.

"He was looking straight at me the whole time, almost like he was saying: 'Can you take me outside please?'" she said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58253378

Peterborough python petrifies passerby.

A motorcyclist was driving down a quiet country lane in Conington, near Sawtry, on Friday afternoon (August 27) when he saw the large reptile slithering across the road in front of him.

He initially called the police, who then contacted the RSPCA for help.

RSPCA Inspector Justin Stubbs went to the scene, when he arrived he saw the snake had climbed up and into a nearby tree for safety.

Justin said: “I really could not believe it when I got there and saw this huge snake all the way up in the tree - it was a scene a bit reminiscent of the Jungle Book!

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...eterborough-by-rspca-and-firefighters-3363660

A motorcyclist was driving down a quiet country lane in Conington, near Sawtry, on Friday afternoon (August 27) when he saw the large reptile slithering across the road in front of him.

RSPCA Inspector Justin Stubbs went to the scene, when he arrived he saw the snake had climbed up and into a nearby tree for safety.

Justin said: “I really could not believe it when I got there and saw this huge snake all the way up in the tree - it was a scene a bit reminiscent of the Jungle Book!

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...eterborough-by-rspca-and-firefighters-3363660
Just up the road from here!

Another one!

A second 10ft-long python has been rescued close to where another was found just four days earlier.

The latest was spotted on a country lane in Conington, Cambridgeshire, on Monday and the RSPCA urged people to stay vigilant in case there were more. The charity said it was likely both were either abandoned or escaped from the same place. The first had a minor health condition while the second was "extremely cold" and thin, but both were recovering.

RSPCA Inspector Justin Stubbs said: "It is really concerning to think that someone has kept these pythons, then might have decided to abandon them in this cruel and callous way. I only hope that there are no more on the loose. As well as the dangers of low temperatures, harvesting in the nearby fields could pose a real hazard to any snakes left out there."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-58409614

And now a python in Dudley.

A shocked couple who found a 5ft (1.5m) python in their bedroom said they have no idea how it got into their house.

The pair called police to their home on Quarry Bank in Dudley, West Midlands, after making the discovery. They had shut it in the room and officers were able to safely remove it and take it to a vet.

The couple have speculated it may have arrived in a delivery, or slithered in through pipes before it was spotted on Wednesday. A large item had arrived the previous day and they said they thought it may have been hidden in the box.

West Midlands Police said such discoveries are usually left to the RSPCA but it dispatched three student officers on this occasion because no-one from the charity was available.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-58611602

Great find.

What is interesting here is that what the biker reported as seeing is what was found, which is one in the eye for the skeptics who are so quick to dismiss eyewitness testimony as "unreliable".

This snake was abused at least twice.possibly by the same person.

A 3ft (1m)-long snake has been rescued after it was seen being dragged along a street in West Yorkshire.

The python was found in Bradford on Sunday, with tests by a vet later revealing it had also swallowed bleach. A man caught on CCTV dragging the reptile along the road before abandoning it is now being sought.

RSPCA inspector Demi Hodby said: "This python was in good condition, so I suspect he was a pet which the owner decided they'd had enough of."

Ms Hodby said she wanted to find out why it came to be in Longlands Street, just outside Bradford city centre, and how it had ingested the bleach.

"A member of the public saw the snake on a nearby wall so I collected it from the scene and could smell bleach," she said. "I think someone has poured this on or near him and a vet later said he had ingested some. Fortunately he was not badly injured."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-58830460

This snake was abused at least twice.possibly by the same person.

A 3ft (1m)-long snake has been rescued after it was seen being dragged along a street in West Yorkshire.

The python was found in Bradford on Sunday, with tests by a vet later revealing it had also swallowed bleach. A man caught on CCTV dragging the reptile along the road before abandoning it is now being sought.

RSPCA inspector Demi Hodby said: "This python was in good condition, so I suspect he was a pet which the owner decided they'd had enough of."

Ms Hodby said she wanted to find out why it came to be in Longlands Street, just outside Bradford city centre, and how it had ingested the bleach.

"A member of the public saw the snake on a nearby wall so I collected it from the scene and could smell bleach," she said. "I think someone has poured this on or near him and a vet later said he had ingested some. Fortunately he was not badly injured."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-58830460
Animals>people

An African python slowly swallowing an impala whole was caught on video.

Watch a python swallow an impala whole in this jaw-dropping video

An incredible video shows an African rock python (Python sebae), one of the largest snake species on the planet, slowly swallowing an impala whole. The video, recorded in MalaMala Game Reserve in South Africa, shows the snake's head slowly slinking across the impala's body as the snake seems to magically stretch barely wide enough to swallow the creature whole. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.livescience.com/watch-python-swallow-impala-video

VIDEO @ YouTube: (Python / Impala segment begins circa 5:00)

I wonder if it manages the whole thing. We’ve seen videos similar to this where the snake is over optimistic & ends up splitting apart..
From what I understand the snake not only constricts the life out of it prey it can squeeze hard enough to break the bones nessasary for swallowing large prey. I.e.: like when a human is devoured by a reticulated python or green anaconda the are said to crush the shoulders in order to swallow a human.

An encounter with 'El Diablo'.

The anaconda, as far as we know, does not go this far north. There is however another report of a monster snake in Central America. .Francois Poli was a French explorer who studied shark fishing in Lake Nicaragua. In his book Sharks are Caught at Night, he recounts how he met a German called Brennecker, who encountered a giant boa on the borderlands of Nicaragua and Honduras. The man said... "I was driving a jeep along a sort of natural track winding between two lines of trees when I saw, about 50 yards ahead, a huge fallen tree trunk which barred the way. I told the boy who was with me to find some way of shifting it. He came back at a run. It wasn't a tree-trunk at all, but a snake. It stirred and began moving slowly towards us... I’ve seen the most incredible snakes in this country during the past twenty years - and I can assure you I know how to handle a gun. But that day I left the revolver where it was; I just stepped on the gas and drove off

Back