• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Here's an interesting one from last night (26th - 27th Nov 2020).
Roughly 8:00am on a day off from work. so I wanted to enjoy a lie-in. Bladder was just full enough to be uncomfortable but the rest of me simply didn't want to get out of bed. You know how it is. So the casting vote was my brain drifting off into sleep again, but the sort of light sleep that can be disturbed in a second. I remember being awoken in the night by hearing birds singing outside the house but thought - three in the morning? Birdsong? and was baffled. (something hypnogogic?)

Anyway, the early morning dream on 27/11. I was in a bus station somewhere. It wasn't Stockport, but might have been elsewhere in Greater Manchester; association was Bolton or Bury. It felt like Bury, visually: the view through the glass walls behind the bus shelter looked like Bury's metro/rail station, which places the location. .

In the dream I was one of two people who were in the company of a man with a gun. We weren't hostages exactly - I had the feeling the gunman regarded us as accomplices, or else as people who were not opposed to him. He was telling us exactly what he proposed to do in a few moments as if we were sympathetic to his motives - I get the feeling we were to be left alive to explain his reasons to the world.

The gunman was middle twenties, dressed in dark clothing, was white British, blonde-brown short-cut hair, dark glasses. He was leaning on a metal dividing barrier in the bus station, looked pretty relaxed, and the visible weapon was a large assault rifle he was holding to his front in the British military manner, the stock resting in the crook of his right arm and the barrel pointing slightly up.

He was explaining that he was going to make his point, when the next bus came in, by killing the driver and as many people aboard as he could. He knew this was a distasteful thing to do and he wished he didn't have to do it, but he had been forced to do this and there was really no alternative. (At this point, dream-me was weighing up "can I run for it?" against "This man is a dangerous loony. I seem to have his trust. Is there anything large and heavy I can clock him over the head with?")

Then a bus was coming in - it was in the purple-and-cream livery of First Buses, who are the dominant service provider in Bury as they are in all of North Manchester. The number on the front definitely ended in 7; might have been 57, 87 or 97.

End of dream. (Bladder re-asserted itself) - but I got a "prompt" in my head urgently saying "This will happen". So I leave this here, on the record.

Here's an interesting one from last night (26th - 27th Nov 2020).
Roughly 8:00am on a day off from work. so I wanted to enjoy a lie-in. Bladder was just full enough to be uncomfortable but the rest of me simply didn't want to get out of bed. You know how it is. So the casting vote was my brain drifting off into sleep again, but the sort of light sleep that can be disturbed in a second. I remember being awoken in the night by hearing birds singing outside the house but thought - three in the morning? Birdsong? and was baffled. (something hypnogogic?)
ah. Light dawns. We have a thriving robin population locally - I have a family of them that appear to have colonised our back garden...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11714-urban-birds-sing-at-night-to-be-heard/

AgProv someone local has acquired a rooster and the darn thing starts crowing just after 3am when it's not nearly light.. That's when the wattlebirds begin their applepicker calls.

As i think ive said before, though i assert precognition is a normal part of dreaming, ive never predicted an event and those rare occasions when i have an omenous dream about a celebrity they've never come true. Nonetheless to avoid kicking myself later i feel compelled to record them here when i do.

Around 7am this morning (12/09/21) i dreamt i witnessed former US president Jimmy Carter keel over from a heart attack. (I cradled his head as an insensitive/cold hearted female news reporter stood nearby talking to camera.. i remonstrated with her)

Carter is in his 90s. There would be nothing unusual if he were to go any time soon. Or at least have a medical emergency. However me dreaming about him at all is unusual and i can think of no trigger for it. So report it i must. You know, just in case.

As i think ive said before, though i assert precognition is a normal part of dreaming, ive never predicted an event and those rare occasions when i have an omenous dream about a celebrity they've never come true. Nonetheless to avoid kicking myself later i feel compelled to record them here when i do.

Around 7am this morning (12/09/21) i dreamt i witnessed former US president Jimmy Carter keel over from a heart attack. (I cradled his head as an insensitive/cold hearted female news reporter stood nearby talking to camera.. i remonstrated with her)

Carter is in his 90s. There would be nothing unusual if he were to go any time soon. Or at least have a medical emergency. However me dreaming about him at all is unusual and i can think of no trigger for it. So report it i must. You know, just in case.
I completely see where you're coming from on that, having made a dream-based prediction about the sudden death of singer Tom Jones which happily seems less and less likely as time goes on. :chuckle:

Had one last week. I asked my dreams about my Partners next job. Dreamt that my partner was dressed in a business suit and smiling - the spoken part was
1) Going to London
2) See her first there
3) name is "Alf"

Two days later my partner applies for a job, gets an immediate interview.
1) In our context, "Going to London" would mean international travel - and the company is involved in that.
2) She applied to this company a while ago, but it wasn't the right time - however it was the first she applied to in their specific sector.
3) The interviewer has a non-English name that doesn't have a direct translation apparently - but does include the letters 'a l f'

She is offered, and accepts, the post!

Had one last week. I asked my dreams about my Partners next job. Dreamt that my partner was dressed in a business suit and smiling - the spoken part was
1) Going to London
2) See her first there
3) name is "Alf"

Two days later my partner applies for a job, gets an immediate interview.
1) In our context, "Going to London" would mean international travel - and the company is involved in that.
2) She applied to this company a while ago, but it wasn't the right time - however it was the first she applied to in their specific sector.
3) The interviewer has a non-English name that doesn't have a direct translation apparently - but does include the letters 'a l f'

She is offered, and accepts, the post!
Alison Moyet used to call herself 'Alf'.

Weds 13th October 2021:

Day off work, felt very tired this afternoon. Sat down on the sofa, put a blanket over myself, took advantage of being alone in the house and dozed off. In a semi-asleep state, not quite all the way there, I saw a scene where weak winter sunlight was reflecting off a still sea. This appeared to be a bay somewhere with a high steep cliff, possibly a mountainside, to my left, and lower hills stretching out a sort of natural promontory into the sea over to my right. The combination of the cliff on the left and the promontory on the right left only a small natural channel into the bay - an ideal place for a sheltered harbour. I was aware I was on a quayside and there was a town nearby. Nobody else in sight, no boats visible. There was no sound, just a picture only; I watched the cliffside beginning to collapse and lots of rock and rubble collapsing into the water, which seethed and became agitated. The cliff collapse continued until the whole of the natural channel into the bay was blocked and the rock waste stood maybe twenty feet proud of the water. There was no emotion connected with this and the cliff-mountainside collapse had no asociation with the thing going on in Tenerife, it was spectacular but too small. Apart from the agitated water, there was no visible tsunami or anything like that: I remember thinking "This will take some clearing up if this is ever going to function as a port again." Had a feeling this was somewhere in Northern Europe: possibly Norway.

Last edited:
Weds 13th October 2021:

Day off work, felt very tired this afternoon. Sat down on the sofa, put a blanket over myself, took advantage of being alone in the house and dozed off. In a semi-asleep state, not quite all the way there, I saw a scene where weak winter sunlight was reflecting off a still sea. This appeared to be a bay somewhere with a high steep cliff, possibly a mountainside, to my left, and lower hills stretching out a sort of natural promontory into the sea over to my left. The combination of the cliff on the left and the promontory on the right left only a small natural channel into the bay - an ideal place for a sheltered harbour. I was aware I was on a quayside and there was a town nearby. Nobody else in sight, no boats visible. There was no sound, just a picture only; I watched the cliffside beginning to collapse and lots of rock and rubble collapsing into the water, which seethed and became agitated. The cliff collapse continued until the whole of the natural channel into the bay was blocked and the rock waste stood maybe twenty feet proud of the water. There was no emotion connected with this and the cliff-mountainside collapse had no asociation with the thing going on in Tenerife, it was spectacular but too small. Apart from the agitated water, there was no visible tsunami or anything like that: I remember thinking "this will take some clearing up if this is ever going to function as a port again." Had a feeling this was somewhere in Northern Europe: possibly Norway.
There was a piece on the southwest local news last night about a small cliff fall somewhere in Cornwall, which a local managed to video. But that was on a beach rather than into a harbour.

Many, many years ago (before I had children) I had a dream about living near a rail line in a depressing city. I had a teenage daughter who kept asking me to move. I wrote a short story based on the dream which I've long since lost.

Some 20 years on, my teenage daughter and I are moving from a depressing city this weekend and won't miss being near a rail line.

I know, enormously vague and there's nothing in it but it's funny how things work out all the same.

Another one from this month. Someone close (10+ years older) had been ill, and not long left on this earth. They have one child, a son.

I bump into a chap who says they went to primary school with me, but I don't recognise them. They say they are organising a reunion party for the class.

Next I'm at the party, but there are far more people there than you would expect and the "DJ" says it's now a reunion for everyone born in my year of birth. The crowd is illuminated by coloured lights, and music plays.

After a short time the music stops, lights go out and there are only a few of us left, less than 10. The room is now dark and grey.

I wake up and think "what was all that about?"

Later that day I find out they died that night :(

The funeral service is held a place I've been once before, and would expect the service to be held. The chapel has one wall as a massive stained glass window. The son conducts the service on his own (not expected by me), and music is played.

The final part was totally unexpected though. Round the back of the chapel is the crematorium, and after the service a few of us (<10) go there, the room is dark and grey....

Did I dream the service? Looks close, but the nature was changed, maybe to make it easier?

Another one, don't know what's going on!
This month (Jan 2022), trying to get a new job, on one of those platforms where the employers contact you. An ex-employer contacts me, we arrange an initial chat.
I have a dream where I'm standing outside their office.
The chat never happens.
Next an actual interview with another company where the interviewer said he had worked at this company. I don't get the job.
So >outside< was the message, not once, but twice :)

THIS IS FAIRLY CONVOLUTED BUT I'LL TRY TO GET IT ACROSS AS CLEARLY AS I CAN: I had a very strange dream-loop-reality thing going on at the beginning of the year. I didn't write down a particular dream I had but I did tell a friend about it, because I recalled, in the dream, that I should tell her about a store I was in during the dream, because I felt like she would enjoy the store, thinking that, while I was dreaming it.

The timeline & what documentation I do have is in a couple of texts sent to Mary as the weirdnesses unfolded. I'll post them, below.

But overall, the documentation timeline is 1) I had the dream where I knew I needed to tell Mary about the "dream store." 2) We were then, post-dream, in reality, at her house on New Year's Eve, & I did tell her about the dream. 3) After the New Year's get-together, I begin to watch a show on NetFlix called YOU, a series I had not previously ever seen. (I can't recall exactly when I started watching the series.)

It was in a (post-dream & New Year's Eve get-together) episode of YOU that I THEN saw the store that I originally saw in my dream. (It's in Season 1; Episode 3 @ about 13:33.)

In addition, I also dreamed a reference, in that dream, to Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway. A few YOU episodes later, after the "store" dream and the telling to Mary herself on NY's Eve, the reference to Mrs. Dalloway popped up in that later episode, (Season 1; Episode 5 @ about 22:00) in an even more specific way than what I originally thought. (That being: that I originally thought it alluded to the antagonist being a bookseller, something I wouldn't have known about the YOU storyline at the time of the dream.)

I can explain that reference in the copy of the text(s), below, which I sent Mary. These texts are the only documentation as to the dream/telling/timeline.

Bottom line: I texted Mary after I'd told her about the dream and THEN had seen the dream elements in that series, to let her know that there were things in the dream and the series that were relevant to waking/real life. Here are the texts:
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.34.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.35.03 AM.png

Over the last thre weeks or so, I've had several dreams involving characters from Neighbours (the Aussie soap, not the people next door to me with the dog that barks for eight hours a day). Mostly characters from the 80's/90's, when I used to watch it as young teen Quarkbeast. Last night i dreamt that Joe Mangel was my dad, which was a tad strange.

Today it's been announced that the soap will be ending after 37 years.

Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane.

Over the last thre weeks or so, I've had several dreams involving characters from Neighbours (the Aussie soap, not the people next door to me with the dog that barks for eight hours a day). Mostly characters from the 80's/90's, when I used to watch it as young teen Quarkbeast. Last night i dreamt that Joe Mangel was my dad, which was a tad strange.

Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane.
Quarkbeast said: "Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane."

Which is how I feel about all these Dalloway things coming to the reality forefront. It's not like I've gotten the winning lottery numbers. Get this: Last night, we went to a Trivia Night at a local bar, and one of the clues was "The author of Mrs. Dalloway." The categories were answers with states name.. so not too far off-base for the topic but of all the questions. We'd just been discussing the strange connections on the way to the game... with the same Mary and Win who we'd shared New Year's Eve with.

A fair few weeks ago (or perhaps months I'm not sure) there was speculation on the news that Neighbours may end as 5 were planning to pull the plug. Today the makers confirmed that they have not managed to find a UK broadcaster/partner to replace 5, so it will indeed end. Perhaps you overheard the earlier reports and it's been in the back of your mind?

Regardless I have to agree, it doesn't seem like a premonition that would bring you riches or anything valuable, bloody typical! :chuckle:

We need a law of precognition (fallacy of precognition?) like the just-world fallacy. You can't expect the world is supposed to be a fair and honest place, where wrongdoing has consequences; similarly, you can't expect that precognitions will revolve around you/exist for your benefit?

On a night of late November 2019, I had a strange and ominous dream : I was facing a V-shaped valley from above, calmly enjoying the landscape. The sun was setting, colouring the hillsides in various shades of gold. Up to that point, it was a rather pleasant dream. But then I noticed dark clouds gathering on the horizon, toward the distant plains. And soon enough, the whole sky was covered by a deep, dark smoke. Then, from among these ink black clouds came down a red hand pointing toward the ground with its index and middle finger. And I woke up wondering "what the f*:k !".

At that time, I wasn't especially anxious or worried. Life was good ... So I wondered "why the hell should I dream such "an apocalyptic" dream ?". Besides, I am an agnostic, not very found of millenarian religions or cults. If I had to chose a religion, I'd rather go for Buddhism. So I am not waiting for any Messiah or end of times' event.

About one month later, I started to have some health problems. I lost most of my savings in the stock exchange, though I do not particularly resent it. Two or three month later, COVID started to spread over the world. And now, we have trouble happening in Ukraine, with a guy invading neighbouring countries in order to restore the empire of his dreams and to conquer a "lebensraum". 1939' style. As a WW2 veteran once told me at a bus stop in Kirkwall, "people never learn" ... Given these developments, I keep wondering wether my dream was a kind of "preview" of what was awaiting us.

That being said, I guess every single night, there will be someone, somewhere, having vaguely ominous dreams. And everyday, death, misery and illness will strike innocent and unsuspecting people. Mountains will crumble, rivers will overflow and planes will crash. It is probably just a coincidence if it happens after somebody has had a bad dream.

As for the "red hand coming out of the clouds" thing (something most unlikely to happen in real life), I suppose it was a reminiscence of some medieval miniatures like this one, by Jean Fouquet : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/La_Descente_du_Saint-Esprit.jpg

First straightforward precognitive dream I've recorded/noticed for a while.

I had voice recorded my dreams for the first time in ages on Thursday night/Friday morning, and only listened back to them late last night.

Real event: yesterday afternoon best friend rang me asking me to see if i could find an Airbnb within his budget in central London for tonight as he couldn't find any available hotels (he's going for his first proper night out in the capital since he moved south). Short story i found a hotel on booking.com that just fits his upper price limit once you apply my "genius" discount. To get the discount i had to book it for him...but it says at check in you have to present the card used to make the booking..so i had to use his name and card details.

So that's the real event. As i say i later listened back to my dream recording from the night before. At 4.58am i had said on tape : “We’re all booking into a hotel...I keep writing down someone else’s name on the piece of paper at reception...It looks like I’m using someone else’s ID, but im not”....

What more useful time to have dreamt the future than the night before the Grand National?

I had vaguely accelerating dreams last night and woke with Arthur Brown's classic song Time Captives stuck in my head:

A pointer maybe to a National winner?

Checked the runners to see if there were any time-related names and spotted the following:

School Boy Hours 33/1
Any Second Now 8/1

Odds are a bit low on the latter, but maybe School Boy Hours is worth an each-way flutter (and I was a young school boy when the Arthur Brown song was originally released)?

Oh well never mind - backed the wrong time-related horse!
Would have still made a modest each-way profit had I placed my bet on Any Second Now.

First straightforward precognitive dream I've recorded/noticed for a while.

I had voice recorded my dreams for the first time in ages on Thursday night/Friday morning, and only listened back to them late last night.

Real event: yesterday afternoon best friend rang me asking me to see if i could find an Airbnb within his budget in central London for tonight as he couldn't find any available hotels (he's going for his first proper night out in the capital since he moved south). Short story i found a hotel on booking.com that just fits his upper price limit once you apply my "genius" discount. To get the discount i had to book it for him...but it says at check in you have to present the card used to make the booking..so i had to use his name and card details.

So that's the real event. As i say i later listened back to my dream recording from the night before. At 4.58am i had said on tape : “We’re all booking into a hotel...I keep writing down someone else’s name on the piece of paper at reception...It looks like I’m using someone else’s ID, but im not”....
Wow... that seems to be a solid hit, if you ask me. Thanks for posting.

I completely see where you're coming from on that, having made a dream-based prediction about the sudden death of singer Tom Jones which happily seems less and less likely as time goes on. :chuckle:
I had one that was variably about:
i) a Royal bodyguard going postal while protecting his Royal and randomly shooting people - some sort of a mental collapse happening to a man with a gun under his jacket and training in how to use it;

and, less plausibly

ii) Prince Charles not so much shaking hands with people on a royal handshake visit, as pulling his own gun and shooting them. He was also being dreadfully polite to the people he was shooting...

Also... I thought "today's Guardian article was interesting. Wonder if anyone's posted it to FF, if not, i'll do it..."

Had one the other day. On holiday in Croatia, i bought milk from a corner supermarket for my cornflakes. Next morning i got up, saw it out on the side and poured the milk on the cornflakes and thick creamy gloop came out. Whether it was curdled or just unexpectedly full fat i can't say. I opened the fridge and found a second bottle, so used that instead. One of my friends, John came in and asked "did you use that milk?" He had found it in the same state so had gone out and bought the new bottle. I said yes i'd noticed, don't worry..and then proceeded to pour the off one down the sink, remarking it was like Dulux paint.

A few seconds later it suddenly hit me... 24 hours earlier i had not only dreamt this scene but had told John about it at the time and had a voice recording of the dream.

It says "I go down and there's a tin of white dulux paint...there's like a trail of...its leaking..its like milk white paint on the floor..its like i saw it upstairs, i saw it there, I'm wondering what the hell's going on with that tin, and john starts to look sheepish, it wasn't me after all."

Oh, I'm glad I've seen this thread bumped, it's reminded me I've been meaning to post in here for a couple of days, I hope I haven't dreamt the future though!

I had a dream on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver had been killed in an accident involving a white van, just outside Birmingham :( In the dream, I was listening to the news on the radio.

I would like to think you are wrong. I don't have anything against old sausage fingers and his turkey twizzlers.

Back