• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Another episode with the dialogue buried in the audio mix.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to struggle with the sound. I am by no means hard of hearing, but I turned the subtitles on and rewound to the beginning to pick up things that I had missed, such as the Stephen King joke. That was fairly amusing, along with "no ship, Sherlock"!

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to struggle with the sound. I am by no means hard of hearing, but I turned the subtitles on and rewound to the beginning to pick up things that I had missed, such as the Stephen King joke. That was fairly amusing, along with "no ship, Sherlock"!
And it was all so dark that you couldn't see what was going on either. Though I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything worthwhile.

Never thought I’d say these words but Sunday’s episode was dreadful. I don’t think they could have made it duller if they tried.

How do you screw up an episode that has pirates, sea monsters, kaiju and time travel?

Roll on the regen… First time I I’m not sad see a doctor go. And I don’t blame JW in the slightest.

Never thought I’d say these words but Sunday’s episode was dreadful. I don’t think they could have made it duller if they tried.

How do you screw up an episode that has pirates, sea monsters, kaiju and time travel?

Roll on the regen… First time I I’m not sad see a doctor go. And I don’t blame JW in the slightest.

Just watched it tonight.
Yeah, it was rather poor.
Whittaker wore her irritating slack-jawed, gob-smacked look almost permanently:

who.png

... and John Bishop's comedy value, relying on sarky comments and anachronistic use of language, has seriously overstayed its welcome.
What a waste of the Sea Devils!
(and as for the least swashbuckling or convincing sword fight ever...).
Please, whoever the next Doctor is, let it be someone who exudes the timeless wisdom and gravitas that used to characterise the role!

I just finally watched it earlier. To give it my full, official FT TV reviewer verdict: Christ almighty.

It's like that party game where someone writes a sentence then folds the paper so you can't see what's been written and they pass it on to someone else who does the same. In this case, the (alleged) scriptwriter passed it to the director who then passed it to the cast.

This is the only explanation I can come up with.

There's a theory about that the production was badly affected by the COVID restrictions, and it was bit of a salvage job on the stuff they managed to shoot, with some pick-ups shot later.

There's a theory about that the production was badly affected by the COVID restrictions, and it was bit of a salvage job on the stuff they managed to shoot, with some pick-ups shot later.

That makes sense, though they managed a whole series and special under those restrictions and they were the best things they've had with Jodie as the lead. Guess their luck ran out (though I thought it was fine, no more, no less).

I'd have preferred older, myself, but he seems a decent enough actor.

What's rather more telling is the nature of the announcement; previous Nu-Who's have been given the red-carpet treatment on prime time BBC1 for the announcement.
Now... not so much.

Apart from Peter Capaldi, I've really struggled with Dr Who since Tennant. I guess it's like Marvel Comics. I'm not their market anymore. I'm not bothered about race or gender (Olivia Coleman would have been great), but I like 'em old. Hartnell is my favourite, with Pertwee and Baker behind him. The intellectual but slightly sinister professor is for me, whereas the target market is watching Celebrity Love Island.

Never heard of him before, so zero expectations or preconceptions. Exciting!

I've seen people complaining about this choice for the Dr Who role, saying that they will no longer be watching it, but I'm not changing.......
.....I haven't watched it for years.
I’ve seen very few this time unlike last time.

Should of used the Sonic Screwdriver as that can fix everything including the script.

And Tennant who was English all the way through, even when he was supposed to be Scottish in the Queen Victoria adventure (but then forgot his accent almost straight away, as noticed by Vicky)

Brilliant! Ncuti Gatwa is a great actor (at least I liked him in Sex Ed) and has quite a following that should bring in some new fans.

Back