• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Adventures In Sleep Paralysis

Had my first ever experience of sleep paralysis a week ago. Asleep in my own bed and "came to" realising that there was something (definitely not "someone") standing behind me at the side of my bed. I was aware to some degree this wasn't real (found myself saying in my head "sleep paralysis, sleep paralysis") but was genuinely terrified. I then felt a hand reach out and run long fingernail/ claws down my upper arm which isn't a sensation I want to repeat. At that point I physically woke and scuttled across the bed and heard myself say out loud "get away from me". Of course, nothing there, bedroom door was shut so no way for anyone/ anything to have left the room, but genuinely unsettling

Edit: One thing. I've always laughed when, in movies, people having nightmares sit bolt upright in bed, gasping. But that's effectively what I did. I sat up and clawed my way across the bed shouting at the bloody thing.
Welcome, pleased to meet you, but by crikey, what a tale to begin with!

I suffered /endured night terrors frequently from 17 through to my early 30s. Reflecting on it now I have come to the conclusion it was indeed due to sleep paralysis, but I am sure we will ALL swear we were awake. Who knows?
Anyhow, my experience were the huge black mass that pinned you down. I knew it was coming because I always had a sense of foreboding and the sheer visceral terror that accompanied this was like nothing I have ever experienced.
Though I have read up and watched videos about it but have never come across anyone else who had my little twist to the experience. Though I am sure I will not be alone...
OK. After being pinned to the bed and feeling terror and almost like being in a vortex surrounding me, then I would always be spun around incredibly fast on my back with my knees up and feet on the floor. Sometimes on the bed. Sometimes flung to the floor to be spun. I recall one occasion I was thrown to the floor and saw my bedroom door looming over me with my Cinderella Night Songs poster!! It woukd seem to go on forever and I would have given up trying to (noiselessly) shreik or swear at the black mass.... Then it would stop and I would be back in bed. Utterly exhausted and terrified.
Anybody else had the whole spinning ordeal to go along with the night terrors?

I suffered /endured night terrors frequently from 17 through to my early 30s. Reflecting on it now I have come to the conclusion it was indeed due to sleep paralysis, but I am sure we will ALL swear we were awake. Who knows?
Anyhow, my experience were the huge black mass that pinned you down. I knew it was coming because I always had a sense of foreboding and the sheer visceral terror that accompanied this was like nothing I have ever experienced.
Though I have read up and watched videos about it but have never come across anyone else who had my little twist to the experience. Though I am sure I will not be alone...
OK. After being pinned to the bed and feeling terror and almost like being in a vortex surrounding me, then I would always be spun around incredibly fast on my back with my knees up and feet on the floor. Sometimes on the bed. Sometimes flung to the floor to be spun. I recall one occasion I was thrown to the floor and saw my bedroom door looming over me with my Cinderella Night Songs poster!! It woukd seem to go on forever and I would have given up trying to (noiselessly) shreik or swear at the black mass.... Then it would stop and I would be back in bed. Utterly exhausted and terrified.
It even followed me from Shropshire to uni in the east Midlands then down to Cornwall when I moved again at the tail end of it....

... Anybody else had the whole spinning ordeal to go along with the night terrors?
Here are some past posts concerning spinning in association with sleep paralysis (and / or other sleep-related experiences). Because the reserved username 'Anonymous' denotes any lost or deleted account, the ones listed here may well be different people.

Sleep Paralysis & Night Hag Experience

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sleep-paralysis-night-hag-experience.3328/post-694112
(firefly52; February 2007; multiple posts)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sleep-paralysis-night-hag-experience.3328/post-916270
(danny_cogdon; October 2009)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sleep-paralysis-night-hag-experience.3328/post-134984
(Anonymous; November 2002)

Minor Strangeness

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/minor-strangeness.28407/post-737936
(graylien; November 2007)

The Land Before Sleep

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-land-before-sleep.17569/post-436216
(Anonymous; September 2004)

Classic Archive Merged: Sleep Paralysis?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...chive-merged-sleep-paralysis.7409/post-217211
(Anonymous; May 2003)

Sounds horrible. What changed it?
No idea.... It just stopped pretty quickly... Who knows what changed. Though in the last few months I had one awful experience in my new flat. I swear I was awake, like always... Anyway.... My bedroom is adjacent to my front door and I never shut my bedroom door. One night I was in bed and I heard my front door open and shut, footsteps across the floor then something little (don't ask how I know but it felt little) crawled into my bed and spooned me and licked/kissed the back of my neck.... It was vile.... I could not move for perhaps a minute then it wasn't there any more. And that's after nearly 20 years of nothing...

Here are some past posts concerning spinning in association with sleep paralysis (and / or other sleep-related experiences). Because the reserved username 'Anonymous' denotes any lost or deleted account, the ones listed here may well be different people.

Sleep Paralysis & Night Hag Experience

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sleep-paralysis-night-hag-experience.3328/post-694112
(firefly52; February 2007; multiple posts)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sleep-paralysis-night-hag-experience.3328/post-916270
(danny_cogdon; October 2009)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/sleep-paralysis-night-hag-experience.3328/post-134984
(Anonymous; November 2002)

Minor Strangeness

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/minor-strangeness.28407/post-737936
(graylien; November 2007)

The Land Before Sleep

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-land-before-sleep.17569/post-436216
(Anonymous; September 2004)

Classic Archive Merged: Sleep Paralysis?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...chive-merged-sleep-paralysis.7409/post-217211
(Anonymous; May 2003)
Hmmm.... Interesting. I have searched kinda for the spinning thing but never found it anywhere else. Thank you. Another detail I forgot was it was in a vortex is the only way I could describe the spinning as I said but I would spin faster the more it pressed down on me. I woukd scream and swear but with no voice and I would even threaten the entity with God or Jesus....

Then it would stop and I would be back in bed. Utterly exhausted and terrified.

Hi gojiramonkey ! As a long time sleep paralysis experiencer (as far back as I can remember, to about the age of 4!) I have sometimes had the whole 'spinning' experience - depending on the path my dream/hallucination took, it would either be the aliens picking me up to drag out through the window, in which case my resisting would cause the spinning, or the ghost/poltergeist that was 'haunting' me lifting me up to the ceiling and spinning me around, as a demonstration of what it could do. And to terrify me.

Always, of course, ending up in bed with a jolt, as you well know!

Still haven't had a full Sleep Paralysis episode since I started medication for my underactive thyroid 18 months ago. it's tried to start up a few times, but always ended before it gets properly going.

I used to get the bed spinning sensation too! Not fast, but steadily, before I went to sleep. I thought later it was something to do with the inner ear, which can make you dizzy if it's disrupted.

Hi gojiramonkey ! As a long time sleep paralysis experiencer (as far back as I can remember, to about the age of 4!) I have sometimes had the whole 'spinning' experience - depending on the path my dream/hallucination took, it would either be the aliens picking me up to drag out through the window, in which case my resisting would cause the spinning, or the ghost/poltergeist that was 'haunting' me lifting me up to the ceiling and spinning me around, as a demonstration of what it could do. And to terrify me.

Still haven't had a full Sleep Paralysis episode since I started medication for my underactive thyroid 18 months ago. it's tried to start up a few times, but always ended before it gets properly going.
Thanks, guys.... Such warm greetings on here..... I could get used to this.
I had a feeling I wouldn't be alone in the spinning thing.... Aliens?? Jeez. That would be a new one on me, sir. But yes, those malevolent black frakkers like to push the boat out as far as terrifying us poor mortals....

I used to get the bed spinning sensation too! Not fast, but steadily, before I went to sleep. I thought later it was something to do with the inner ear, which can make you dizzy if it's disrupted.
I did not get it falling asleep rather when the bug black shape decided to frakk with me.... But yes you could have a salient point about the inner ear.... Just had manflu and am still deaf in my right ear atm.... Lucky I get to sleep during daylight hours I guess or I may fear the worst!!

Well my friend I hope the curse is lifted thanks to your meds.... 12 13 years of it was absolutely draining

Well my friend I hope the curse is lifted thanks to your meds.... 12 13 years of it was absolutely draining
It sure does look that way - this is probably the longest stretch I've gone without an episode - usually it'd be at least at once every 3 months, though sometimes much more often.

I must confess, whilst terrifying and draining, I rather miss it.

As I've observed elswhere on these boards I'm a bit weird in that once I began to understand what the phenomenon was, I began to enjoy it as my own 'personal Horror Movie factory'! Not, I appreciate, a sentiment entertained by many other experiencers!

Before that understanding came to me (in my early twenties), yeah, abject terror all the way down - and it still is, during an episode (or would be, I suppose, if I was still having them), but afterwords I've become able to reflect on them in a much less visceral manner.

Aliens?? Jeez. That would be a new one on me, sir.

Heh, I had a friend, passed away 20 years since, sadly, who also had frequent sleep paralysis - for him it was always 'Satan's little helpers, come to drag him off to hell'. I wish we'd talked more about what it was about each of us that might lead to such varied experiences of the same phenomenon. Sometimes the 'Ghost of Paralysis' would be this friend, back from hell to torment me. Those ones could be quite a trip!

Its not always aliens and ghosts mind - they only start turning up from around the age of 10-11, when I started getting into all things Forteana by way of living close enough to the local library to be trusted to visit unsupervised, and them having a whole lot of books about that sort of thing - starting with the Usborne classic Mysteries/World of the Unknown and going from there!

Before that, though, it was mostly twisted versions of childrens characters Bungle from Rainbow, Biffo the Bear from the Beano and Mr Rusty from the Magic Roundabout all featured whilst I was under the age of 5, and I can remember those episodes even now, 45+ years later!

entities.jpg

Though in the last few months I had one awful experience in my new flat. I swear I was awake, like always... Anyway.... My bedroom is adjacent to my front door and I never shut my bedroom door. One night I was in bed and I heard my front door open and shut, footsteps across the floor then something little (don't ask how I know but it felt little) crawled into my bed and spooned me and licked/kissed the back of my neck.... It was vile.... I could not move for perhaps a minute then it wasn't there any more. And that's after nearly 20 years of nothing...

Sounds like another form of Paralysis Episode, and not a little disconcerting! I generally find that episodes are much more common during times of stress, whatever the driving force for that stress might be.

Hopefully this does not presage a new wave of experiences for you.

Last edited:
I often sense a man standing in the corner of the room watching me, if I awake in the night when alone with a gentleman.

He's always dressed the same way and he's never spoken or moved. I've got used to the feeling over the years and it doesn't frighten me - I accept him/it as a sort of brain-fart. :lol:

Never thought of him as a night-hag before!
Seems my discreetly watching friend might indeed be, as I suspected, a brain-fart; or to give him his proper title, a Third Man.

There's a nice Wiki page on them;
The Third Man factor or Third Man syndrome refers to the reported situations where an unseen presence, such as a spirit, provides comfort or support during traumatic experiences.

While I wouldn't exactly call post joyous-coital sleep 'traumatic', everything else fits. ;)

I had sleep paralysis once, and hallucinated the fake alien Balok from Star Trek;
I think there was a certain measure of lucid dreaming involved, so that I deliberately transformed my apparition into the peculiar shape of that creature, complete with odd multicoloured lighting.

hqdefault.jpg
It's a shame you didn't see two.
That'd wake you up sharpish. :chuckle:

It's a shame you didn't see two.
That'd wake you up sharpish. :chuckle:
It's weird that I'd posted my Darth Vader experience immediately after the original post from @eburacum about Balok, yet I didn't mention my 'grey alien' sleep paralysis experience, even though Balok is basically grey alienish.

Some time I think in my early twenties it was a hot summer night, and I was in bed with just a top sheet over me. It must have got a bit cooler because I 'woke' having pulled the sheet over my head, so unable to see anything in the dark bedroom. I was unable to move, and even though I couldn't see into the room I 'knew', or could see in my mind's eye, that traditional grey aliens were surrounding the bed holding down the top sheet, preventing me from moving. Nothing odd about that hallucination considering my interests, although I don't think I'd had much of an active interest in UFOs at that point since being a kid. Anyway, obviously I awoke properly, sure enough in exactly the position I had been in during my experience with the sheet still over my head. I was a little apprehensive about peering out from under the sheet. The ETs had gone, there were no mysterious lights illuminating the house, my bottom didn't feel sore from probing.

That was my second sleep paralysis experience, and the earliest I remember very clearly. Due to my interests, I knew all about the phenomenon and had no problem processing the experience, but I'd hate for it to happen again.

What I find odd in all my sleep paralysis experiences is that I can never physically see the entity or entities harassing me, simply because of the position I'm in and where they supposedly are, yet I always have a very clear picture of what they are and what they're doing. Obviously, I've noticed a lot of people experience a malign presence, and some report seeing things, but I've never read anyone claim to clearly be able to 'see' their entities even though they're not in line of sight.

Wow. I sometimes get the sensation of a sudden pulse of movement which feels like falling or moving sideways about 5 meters during a half seconds time. As someone who needs a full 5 minutes to collect myself after a couple of spins in real life, your experience would ruin me! Do you actually feel dizzy when it's all over?

Wow. I sometimes get the sensation of a sudden pulse of movement which feels like falling or moving sideways about 5 meters during a half seconds time. As someone who needs a full 5 minutes to collect myself after a couple of spins in real life, your experience would ruin me! Do you actually feel dizzy when it's all over?

It hasn't happened in years, but I don't remember it making me dizzy, suggesting it was a quirk of perception or my inner ear or something physical rather than paranormal.

I had that dizzy thing while half asleep--uncomfortable! Like being caught up in a tornado and spin around by my feet. It only happened twice, and both times were when the same friend was staying over in the next room.
I assumed I was being affected by her anxiety pheromones or aura or something.

And now, a respite from anxiety:
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/dai...sleep-paralysis-demon-is-breaking-up-with-you
Another droll tidbit from the New Yorker:
You can always tell when something’s a little off with your sleep-paralysis demon. We’re talking about someone you’ve known for years, someone you share a bed with. It’s a big emotional hit to hear him lie to you, even if he’s trying to spare your feelings. So it’s important to spot the warning signs of a deceitful sleep-paralysis demon before the relationship is irreparably damaged. Here’s what to look out for.

It sure does look that way - this is probably the longest stretch I've gone without an episode - usually it'd be at least at once every 3 months, though sometimes much more often.

I must confess, whilst terrifying and draining, I rather miss it.

So, it's been two years and 5 months since I started medication for my underactive thyroid, as discussed above and in a few other posts I've made around the place.

I had a couple of 'near SP' experiences sometime in mid 2020, and not a whisper since.

I have never had a stretch without SP go so long.

I think I really have been 'cured'.

Shame.

So bring it on, there must be some of you out there still having SP experiences - bring 'em on, vicarious experience through reading your posts is all I've got left when it comes to SP, it seems!

I realise not everyone is a weirdo like me who 'enjoys' SP, so I understand anyone not actually wanting to post about it - but if you have some you're willing to share, please do!

So, it's been two years and 5 months since I started medication for my underactive thyroid, as discussed above and in a few other posts I've made around the place.

I had a couple of 'near SP' experiences sometime in mid 2020, and not a whisper since.

I have never had a stretch without SP go so long.

I think I really have been 'cured'.

Shame.

So bring it on, there must be some of you out there still having SP experiences - bring 'em on, vicarious experience through reading your posts is all I've got left when it comes to SP, it seems!

I realise not everyone is a weirdo like me who 'enjoys' SP, so I understand anyone not actually wanting to post about it - but if you have some you're willing to share, please do!
Do you think it's linked to the thyroid issue?

Do you think it's linked to the thyroid issue?

I... don't know.

All I know for sure is that my last full 'proper' SP experience was about 2-3 weeks before I started the thyroid meds.

Before then about the longest I would go without an SP event would be around 6 months. I'd say it averaged about 4-6 times a year, though, going all the way back to when I was a small child.

The first episode I can remember is 'the Bad Bungle dream' I posted earlier in this thread, when I was around 3-3 1/2 years old.

I had a two or three 'this is going to be an SP episode!' dreams fizzle out before they got going in mid 2020.

But since then, not a flicker.

I was only diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in early January 2020, when I had broad spectrum blood tests done for unrelated symptoms that turned out to be bowel cancer (I'm doing alright - surgery seems to have removed it, I didn't need chemo/radio therapy, so far all follow up tests have been all clear. 3 more years of that before the medics call it all done, but so far, so good!). I would say I've been struggling with the effects of an underactive thyroid for a good 25 years before I was diagnosed.

Back in 96-97 I had a slew of blood and other tests to try and figure out what was making me so tired all the time, but nothing solid ever came of it, and when my then GP learned one of the students I was sharing digs with at the time had been diagnosed with glandular fever I was told 'glandular fever can be hard to pin down, so its almost certainly that - it'll come and go, be inconvenient, but you're otherwise fine' and that was that! I guess none of the blood tests they did covered the thyroid!

Looking back at the tiredness and illness I've experienced since then, it all fits with what I've since been told/learned about having an underactive thyroid.

I don't know if the symptoms stretch all the way back to childhood. I wasn't a particularly sickly child.

I was never a morning person, and not the most physically active, but apart from that - I don't know.

My neice was diagnosed in her teenage years as having an underactive thyroid, and now I think on it, the vivid an terrifying dreams she used to have as a child seemed to stop after that. or at least stop being talked about.

I shall have to try and remember to talk to her about it when I see her next (could be in June, got a wedding to go to Jubilee week, and the venue is 'on the way' to where the rest of my family lives), if she hasn't flitted off overseas to continue her studies by then.

Anyway, that's a very long, perhaps TMI kind of way of saying - 'I don't know if the SP was connected to the thyroid problem, but the thyroid meds do seem to have put a stop to it'.

Sorry, that's a lot of rambling text!

I've brough this here from the "Scariest Fortean thing ever..." thread, as it fits better here :cool:

So, to address the second part of the question first - no, when I get sleep paralysis, there's nothing lucid about it - I'm not aware I'm dreaming, or able to exert any control, I'm just along for the ride!

As to what I like about it - firstly its like having your own personal and personilized horror movie, whats not to like?

I also like the interplay of the real and the unreal and the hypnopompic/hypnogogic (I can have episodes either as I'm dropping off or waking up!) hallucination/dreamstate. I find it fascinating that I can be 'awake' enough to perceive the room around me enough to be accurately represented in the dream/hallucination and yet still be asleep enough not to realise thats whats happening.

I'm partial to regular nightmares/bad dreams, too my sleeping mind can certainly put together a 'fun' show for the purpose of terrorising itself!

The addition of the whole paralysis aspect certainly adds to the frisson! Well, once I've woken up and the mind numbing terror has passed :thought:

I can still remember my 'first' (well, its the first one I can remember!) episode of Sleep Paralysis - recently talked to my mother about it, see if she remembered it - she did not - but told me we moved out of that house when I was three and a half years old, so I would have been about three when it happened, I recon.

The house was a typical UK 'two up, two down' terraced house, and I had the room at the front of the house, my bed placed with the foot facing directly to the door of the room.

The 'dream' started with me 'waking' abruptly to see bright, but still obviously domestic electric (c1974), light streaming in all around the door, making it a clearly delineated dark rectangle in the darkened room. I could even make out the door latch and the hinges (in silouette).

There was 'something' on the otherside of the door. It kept asking me, using the voice of one of my mothers friends (who was from America, and had a very distinctive accent) to open the door and let it in, and reasuring me it was just my mothers friend.

I knew this was a lie. I knew it was an entity that bore the physical shape of that most horrifying of creatures...

...Bungle, from the childrens tv show Rainbow. But with large black eyes - @Bad Bungle 's avatar gives me a little jolt every time I see it, the resemblance is uncanny! Especially considering that the door never opened and I never actually saw the entity - I just knew thats what was there!

Anyway, this being a sleep paralysis episode I couldn't move or speak or cry out or any of that, so I just lay there, terrified, for I don't know how long, until I actually awoke, to find myself rotated 90 degree's and about halfway down the bed, my head poking out of the covers and hanging over the edge of the bed (in the dream, I was lying in the normal position, lengthwise on the bed, head on the pillow at the head end), and this the part my mother doesn't remember, bolted out of bed and belted downstairs (through the same door and onto the same landing the 'Bungle-Thing' would have been occupying if it was real) and wailed my way downstairs, disrupting the quiet night in with a few friends (I'm assuming including mums American friend, but those details escape me, too!).

It was after this I took to having the light left on until I dozed off (my parents turning it off when they went to bed) and sleeping with my favourite cap-gun (a faux six shooter with flaking chrome plating and dark red fake wood effect plastic hand-grip!) under my pillow.
So was it the original Bungle (like the bad bungle avatar - a real nightmare in itself) or the replacement one which was cuter (but did have large black eyes).....?

And what was Bungle going to do I wonder?

So was it the original Bungle (like the bad bungle avatar - a real nightmare in itself) or the replacement one which was cuter (but did have large black eyes).....?

And what was Bungle going to do I wonder?

In my memory, it's the 2nd season onwards 'cozier' Bungle. Having just had a quick Google, the 2nd season was 1973, so that would fit.

Human memory is a fickle, fallible thing, though, so it could have been the original version and I'm just remembering the 2nd season one because that's the one that I can actually remember seeing on the telly.

I don't recall ever having seen the original Bungle on screen, and can only claim knowledge of the original version in adult life.

As for Bungle's intent? There are no details - I can only say I 'knew' his intent was 'not good'. I'm happy not to have found out!

I have always regarded Bungle with suspicion since, though!

In my memory, it's the 2nd season onwards 'cozier' Bungle. Having just had a quick Google, the 2nd season was 1973, so that would fit.

Human memory is a fickle, fallible thing, though, so it could have been the original version and I'm just remembering the 2nd season one because that's the one that I can actually remember seeing on the telly.

I don't recall ever having seen the original Bungle on screen, and can only claim knowledge of the original version in adult life.

As for Bungle's intent? There are no details - I can only say I 'knew' his intent was 'not good'. I'm happy not to have found out!

I have always regarded Bungle with suspicion since, though!
I can only remember the 2nd Bungle. My older sister has a vague memory of being aware of the change in Bungle and thinking "That's not Bungle!"

The creepiest thing about your Bungle is the adoption of the friend of your mother's voice......I think that is a theme that gets used in horror/mystery stories - bad things adopting familiar appearances/voices etc.....to trick us into trusting them.

Mind you, that idea got used to comic effect in Rocky Horror Picture Show, when Frank n Furter tricks Brad and Janet.....

The creepiest thing about your Bungle is the adoption of the friend of your mother's voice......I think that is a theme that gets used in horror/mystery stories - bad things adopting familiar appearances/voices etc.....to trick us into trusting them.

Yeah, it was pretty creepy!

I put it down to being able to hear, in the hypnagocic/hypnopompic state, the voices of my parents and their friends talking downstairs. My mother can't remember the incident, but I'd be willing to bet her American friend was visiting.

I think it's safe to say I was not, at the time, familiar with The Rocky Horror Picture Show :hahazebs:
:cool:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, so please feel free to move :) Following several episodes of sleep paralysis over the years I've recently started using a sleep app out of curiosity. My episodes usually consist of the sensation of paralysis combined with a feeling similar to a painless mild electric shock. Sometimes I will feel a weight on me, or next to me, and sometimes I will also hear buzzing or droning sounds. Last night I woke from what I thought was an uninterrupted sleep, no episodes that I recalled, and reviewed the recordings. The following was captured at 01:34 am (hopefully this link works): http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net/20220510_013445_87MG3R18GC.mp4
I have tried unsuccessfully to recreate it by knocking various objects in my bedroom. There was no one else in the room, no pets, and the bedroom window was shut. The only other recording was 4 minutes later and it sounded like me tossing and turning about in bed, ie. rustling of bed clothes and the bed creaking. If you slow the recording down (hit the 3 dots at the side and select playback speed) it almost sounds like an electrical arcing, with some kind of 'chirp' right at the end. Any thoughts or ideas welcome because this has me stumped!

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, so please feel free to move :) Following several episodes of sleep paralysis over the years I've recently started using a sleep app out of curiosity. My episodes usually consist of the sensation of paralysis combined with a feeling similar to a painless mild electric shock. Sometimes I will feel a weight on me, or next to me, and sometimes I will also hear buzzing or droning sounds. Last night I woke from what I thought was an uninterrupted sleep, no episodes that I recalled, and reviewed the recordings. The following was captured at 01:34 am (hopefully this link works): http://media.dreamtalkrecorder.net/20220510_013445_87MG3R18GC.mp4
I have tried unsuccessfully to recreate it by knocking various objects in my bedroom. There was no one else in the room, no pets, and the bedroom window was shut. The only other recording was 4 minutes later and it sounded like me tossing and turning about in bed, ie. rustling of bed clothes and the bed creaking. If you slow the recording down (hit the 3 dots at the side and select playback speed) it almost sounds like an electrical arcing, with some kind of 'chirp' right at the end. Any thoughts or ideas welcome because this has me stumped!
Are there any wires, like wires to a mic or headphone wires that might be picking up some odd electrical interference?

Are there any wires, like wires to a mic or headphone wires that might be picking up some odd electrical interference?
That's a good suggestion. My headphones were next to the phone, although not plugged into anything. I'll keep recording every night and see if it's a repeatable event

Back