• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

Florida man took his son on paintball ‘drive by,’ police said. The boy, 10, ended up shot with a real gun.​

This is appalling on the face of it; it just becomes more jaw-dropping the more you read. The level of bad judgement and irresponsibility displayed by this guy simply beggars belief. This troglodyte (a "Florida Man", wouldn't you know it) deserves to lose his son and be sterilized.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/02/florida-boy-shot-paintball-driveby/

My mum used to sling stuff at me, anything in sight, i have the reflexes of Jackie Chan, she would hit me and shout at me, but i had a damn good life, my mum taught me to read at about 4, just before infants school, we never wanted for anything, and all four of us, i had two brothers and a sister, fought like hell, but not in a nasty way, but she had a temper, mostly throwing things and hitting us with the nearest things, pot cooking bowls, belts, knifes forks spoons, my life sounds brilliant to what all of you have been thro, i have had a wonderful lucky life, and i have all you as my friends whether you like it or not :D

Runs off

Remember, it is not you that is the problem, its the other person who has a problem in their own sad life

This Illinois man is no longer in the running for Father of the Year honors ...
Drunk Driver Leaves Injured Son At Store Then Flees: Police

Drunk Joliet motorist Christopher Hernandez crashed into three cars Saturday evening near the Louis Joliet Mall, and then left his seriously injured 10-year-old son at a nearby store, so he could flee the scene of the crash he caused, according to Joliet police. ...

Joliet officers eventually captured Hernandez and brought him to the Will County Jail where he's charged with four counts of aggravated DUI, DUI, endangering the life or health of a child, failure to remain at the scene of a personal injury accident and obstructing justice. ...

"Immediately following the collision, Hernandez fled the scene carrying his 10-year-old son, who was seriously injured in the crash."

Hernandez carried his injured son into a nearby retail store, where he left the child in the store and ran off, police said. The child suffered a broken leg during the crash, and he was taken to St. Joe's hospital, police said. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/crim...red-son-at-store-then-flees-police/ar-AARK1CI

Facebook mixes in nicely with family strife. Literate adults with jobs and cars turn into 15 year-olds. :chuckle:

My wider family took my ex to their hearts during and after our divorce and I saw him everywhere I went until he was thoughtful enough to shove off to prison.

Since then a toxic in-law who blocked me on Facebook (after diddling me out of £25 about 6 years ago, really :chuckle: ) has found herself divorced too and has sent me a friend request.

What is she THINKING? She must know I despise her. :dunno:
Also, seeing your ex palling up with relations is creepy. Had it done to me and would not stoop.
Did I mention despising her? :bthumbup:

The request can stay there so I sneer at it every time I browse Facebook.
I dunno, it's like being back at school.:rollingw:

Sweep is the world's greatest puppet. :cool:

Look at his perpetually-perplexed expression. He is self-aware. That saxophone-reed squeak is his articulation of horror at the horrific state of the modern world; a constant WHAT NOW? that only children understand.
What's your stance on the dynamics between Morph and Chad Skargs? .. I think from memory Chad was supposed to be a bit of a dick but I don't remember the pair ever falling out.

Last edited:
After growing up with a Polish/German father who acted like the gestapo, and a British mother who never said a word, I couldn't wait to get away from them, and to this day cannot stand bullies or aggressive people, and am always picking up stray animals. Strange how your parents can affect your entire life and thinking.
In retrospect, guess I was lucky, compared to that poor kid in a cage in that trailer park!

Sheffield couple found guilty of imprisoning autistic son.

A mother and stepfather who kept their starving autistic son locked in a "disgusting" attic bedroom have been found guilty of false imprisonment.
Matthew Langley, 22, was "close to death" inside the vomit and faeces-covered room, weighing just six stone (39kg) and severely dehydrated.
Lorna Hewitt, 43, and husband Craig Hewitt denied keeping him captive at their Sheffield home for seven months.
But both were found guilty following a trial at the city's crown court.
The pair, of Walkley Road, were also convicted of causing or allowing a vulnerable adult to suffer serious physical harm.
(c) BBC. '21

Bastards.

:mad:
:pitch::incan::chain:

A divorced Connecticut mother flew off for a short vacation in Florida with her boyfriend. She left her 2 kids at home with candy and some takeout food, and repeatedly ordered them to stay out of sight in the basement while she was gone. She's now busted, and the kids have been transferred to her ex.
'Just eat candy.' Teacher left children home alone while she vacationed in Florida with boyfriend, arrest warrant says

A teacher arrested for leaving her children home alone in Watertown went on a vacation to Florida with her boyfriend, documents revealed.

The arrest warrant for Kerry Lyn Caviasca was released on Thursday. ...

She was arrested on Jan. 15 and charged with two counts of risk of injury to a child and two counts of second-degree reckless endangerment.

According to the documents, Kerry Lyn Caviasca's ex-husband informed police that the two children, both under the age of 12, were left alone between Nov. 20 and Nov. 22. ...

The ex-husband also reported that the children missed school that Monday with unexcused absences. ...

The father said he became suspicious after the fact when he checked one of the phones he had given the children. It revealed several dozen text messages between Caviasca and the children that included questions about whether or not she had boarded a plane.

The texts further revealed that Caviasca told the children to "just eat candy" when they asked about what they should eat for dinner while she was gone. ...

The messages also showed that Caviasca was adamant that the children stay in the basement of the home so as not to be seen by anyone. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.wfsb.com/news/just-eat-...cle_17720248-79f6-11ec-bb9e-bfa5f8852544.html

This story from the Salt Lake City metro area contains a lot of WTF-ness, but I suspect its main long-term impact on the kid will involve what the father did and said.
Father faces charges for encouraging 4-year-old to shoot at police at a McDonald's, authorities say

A 4-year-old child in Utah fired a weapon from the back seat of a car toward a police officer, after allegedly being instructed to do so by his father, authorities said.

Police were initially called to a McDonald's in Midvale on Monday when restaurant workers reported a man "brandished" a gun at drive-thru employees after receiving the wrong order ... Employees told police they asked the man to pull to the front of the restaurant and wait for the correct order, then called for police.

When officers arrived, they asked the man to get out of the vehicle several times, but he did not comply, the UPD release said. Officers pulled him out of the vehicle.

While the man was being taken into custody, an officer turned around and saw a gun pointing out the back window ... The officer told others there was a gun, and as he swiped the gun to the side a round was fired. The release said their investigation indicates the father of the child instructed the child to shoot at the officers. They gave no details about supporting evidence for that allegation. ...

The officer sustained a minor injury to his arm, but there were no additional injuries ...

The father, who has not been publicly identified, is in custody facing charges of felony child abuse and threatening with the use of a dangerous weapon ...
FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/22/us/child-shoots-at-police-utah-mcdonalds/index.html

A divorced Connecticut mother flew off for a short vacation in Florida with her boyfriend. She left her 2 kids at home with candy and some takeout food, and repeatedly ordered them to stay out of sight in the basement while she was gone. She's now busted, and the kids have been transferred to her ex.

FULL STORY: https://www.wfsb.com/news/just-eat-...cle_17720248-79f6-11ec-bb9e-bfa5f8852544.html
Well, no more trips abroad cause i guess the X doesn't have to pay child support anymore so no free money, and will she also lose her job as a teacher?

A terrible case.

A mother and father who engaged in the “savage” abuse of their daughter, “destroyed” her and left her with a catastrophic brain injury, have been jailed for 14 years.

Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard the couple believed the girl was possessed by an evil spirit and they inflicted “wanton cruelty” on her as a result.

The then nine-year-old girl was regularly punched, beaten with a belt and a stick, choked, bitten and badly burned all over her body at the hands of her parents, whose other children testified against them at trial last year. The girl is now in a care centre and can no longer walk, talk or sit independently since the brain injury. Her 39-year-old father and 37-year-old mother were each convicted by a jury of two counts of assault causing serious harm and three counts of child cruelty at the family home in Dublin on dates between June 28 and July 2, 2019. The jury returned the unanimous guilty verdicts after four hours of deliberating.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40823514.html

A terrible case.

A mother and father who engaged in the “savage” abuse of their daughter, “destroyed” her and left her with a catastrophic brain injury, have been jailed for 14 years.

Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard the couple believed the girl was possessed by an evil spirit and they inflicted “wanton cruelty” on her as a result.

The then nine-year-old girl was regularly punched, beaten with a belt and a stick, choked, bitten and badly burned all over her body at the hands of her parents, whose other children testified against them at trial last year. The girl is now in a care centre and can no longer walk, talk or sit independently since the brain injury. Her 39-year-old father and 37-year-old mother were each convicted by a jury of two counts of assault causing serious harm and three counts of child cruelty at the family home in Dublin on dates between June 28 and July 2, 2019. The jury returned the unanimous guilty verdicts after four hours of deliberating.

Jesus. Poor kid.

A terrible case.

I have always been riveted by these types of child abuse. No matter what the orientation (religion or modern child psychology), what the stressors (mental illness or not, substance abuse or not, poverty or not, etc.), it seems that in almost every case, one child among several is always singled out as the main focus of the abuse. WTF.

I vaguely conjecture that: the father or mother was annoyed during this child’s gestation, and so the child was the identified victim even before birth; the child through physical features or mannerisms or mere existence annoyed the abuser more than the other children did.

I hope that the other children will be adults before the parents are released from prison.

A terrible case.

That's horrific. :(

Well, no more trips abroad cause i guess the X doesn't have to pay child support anymore so no free money, and will she also lose her job as a teacher?
I can't read this story, so have no idea how old the kids were or anything, but - she was a teacher? A person with the greatest likelihood of knowing that kids NEVER do what they are told, and also of the sheer number of catastrophes that even children behaving well can cause.?

A Georgia man went to the police station to retrieve items previously confiscated. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant there and then. He never mentioned his infant daughter was outside in his car on a hot day. She died.
Ga. infant dies after arrested father neglects to inform police of child in hot car

An infant child died in a hot car in Snellville, Ga., after the arrested father failed to inform authorities of the child sitting outside in his vehicle.

Police in the Gwinnett County city located east of Atlanta arrested Davied Japez McCorry Whatley, 20, on Tuesday after he appeared at the local police department around 2 p.m. EDT. ...

Authorities learned of a probation violation warrant for his arrest and took Whatley into custody.

Whatley initially visited the station to obtain firearms that had been confiscated in a previous case. He was arrested for violating probation in relation to a hit-and-run car accident while uninsured. ...

The man never mentioned that his 8-month-old daughter, Nova Grace Whatley-Trejo, remained inside his vehicle at the time of his arrest, according to authorities. ...

The child's grandmother brought the child to the emergency room of Piedmont Eastside Medical Center close to 9 p.m. EDT, where hospital workers pronounced the child dead after having been left in the vehicle outside the police station for seven hours. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/05/05/Georgia-hot-car-death/5301651772851/

A Georgia man went to the police station to retrieve items previously confiscated. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant there and then. He never mentioned his infant daughter was outside in his car on a hot day. She died.

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/05/05/Georgia-hot-car-death/5301651772851/
We are always hearing heartbreaking reports of babies and children being left in cars by their parents, on a hot day, can never understand how this keeps happening!

We are always hearing heartbreaking reports of babies and children being left in cars by their parents, on a hot day, can never understand how this keeps happening!
I think each occurrence has a different combination of causes. I would guess that the major causes are: forgot (95%), didn't forget but unable to respond, don't care or something else became more important (5%). For the cause of just forgot, I read somewhere - maybe here - that an inexpensive reminder solution exists: an attachment to the driver's door which would sound an alarm when the door is opened until the driver turned it off.

Because this happens so many times, I am guessing that it is easy for parents to forget.

Are there any Fortean parents who wish to weigh in on this?

I think each occurrence has a different combination of causes. I would guess that the major causes are: forgot (95%), didn't forget but unable to respond, don't care or something else became more important (5%). For the cause of just forgot, I read somewhere - maybe here - that an inexpensive reminder solution exists: an attachment to the driver's door which would sound an alarm when the door is opened until the driver turned it off.

Because this happens so many times, I am guessing that it is easy for parents to forget.

I'd rather not...Rex Tillerson comes to mind though.

In Japan there have been incidents of a parent leaving a child/children in the car to play pachinko, losing track of time and returning to the car to find dead infants :(

People do forget. This week I was talking to someone who I hadn't seen in some time and who dropped in to see if I was OK on her way somewhere else, obviously only intending to be five minutes. We got talking and it must have been over an hour when she suddenly leapt up and left, because she remembered she'd left her dogs in the car. (It wasn't an excuse to get away - they really were in the car, and fortunately OK.)

Indian couple Sanjeev and Sadhana Prasad, 61 and 57 pay for an arranged marriage for their son, including lavish ceremony and honeymoon in a 5 star hotel.
6 years later, they sue him for 50 million Rupees (£525,000) for not providing them with a grandchild.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61424869
It seems that some parents lose sight of why they had kids.
This is also an example of why it's a bad idea to blow so much money on a wedding.

Back