• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

7M Films Aka Shekinah Church, Their Tik-Tok Cult, & Ninja Sheep

MrRING

Android Futureman
I hadn't heard of this group before! Deadline discusses a new documentary about the group here:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/7m-films-hbo-max-campfire-nile-cappello-chrissy-teigen-1235021670/
and a snippit of it:
At the center of the story are Miranda Derrick (née Wilking) and her new husband James Derrick. Miranda was one part of a TikTok dance crew with her sister Melanie that had millions of followers and was popular for their pandemic dances. However, in early 2021, she stopped this and started posting more high-quality videos with James Derrick, who featured on NBC’s World of Dance, that were produced by 7M Films.

The company has been accused of isolating clients from their friends and family with Melanie Wilking saying that Miranda had begun attending a church that would not allow her to contact her family. Miranda and James have issued public statements denying they are part of a cult.

The owner of 7M Films is Robert I. Shinn, who also the founder and pastor of Shekinah Church and family and friends of those represented by the company have voiced concerns and raised questions, including its ties to the church. The series will look into all of this.

So I started to look up more about it:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/insid...da-derrick-and-her-tiktok-dance-crew-7m-films
While TikTok influencer Miranda Derrick was celebrating her 25th birthday last month with a cheesy little dance routine to Baby Give it Up, across town in Los Angeles, her sister Melanie Wilking and parents were about to go public with a story they had been holding onto for the past year.

The once tight-knit family claimed they had not been able to speak directly to Miranda since January 2021, when she packed up her things and joined a mysterious management company called 7M Films. Claiming that their options were exhausted, the Wilkings decided the only way to reach their eldest daughter was to go public.

“It’s been haunting us for over a year now,” Melanie began in a video posted on Instagram on Feb. 24, as her tearful parents, Kelly and Dean Wilking, nodded beside her. “It’s definitely been the hardest year of my life.”

Uncovering who is behind 7M Films reveals a pastor for Shekinah Church, Robert Shinn, who allegedly teaches a spinoff of a belief about preparation for the end of days and owns or is affiliated with several interconnecting companies, including a production group responsible for a Meghan Markle movie.

And a bit more info from the same source about why the group is called 7M:
In addition to several of Shinn’s companies referencing “7M,” his son Isaiah has the phrase “7Men” in his Instagram profile bio, along with the Bible verse Acts 6:3, which references seven men being called upon by apostles to take up societal duties in order to free the apostles’ time for preaching the gospel.

An associate pastor for Shekinah Church also wrote in a letter to a neighborhood council that the church’s mission was to reach the entertainment industry.

Often stylized as 7M, the Seven Mountain Mandate is based on the prophetic Biblical scriptures of Isaiah 2:2 and Revelation 17:9 about the end of times, according to The Advertiser. Although the teaching floated around in 1975, Lance Wallnau, a theology major from Phoenix University, helped bolster the teachings in the 2000s, reported The Outline. While the group has a relatively small following, it wound up gaining national attention when former president Donald Trump had 7M follower Paula White turn up to the White House as his “spiritual adviser.”

In short, Seven Mountains Mandate devotees believe the scriptures spell out a prophecy that in order to establish God’s kingdom on Earth, they need to immerse themselves or invade the seven aspects of modern society, which are family, religion, education, media, entertainment, business, and government.

Wallnau called for Seven Mountains Mandate believers who are “producers, directors, attorneys, politicians, and economists” to fight “our real enemies [who] are the ones that are shaping laws, shaping media, and shaping the next generation.” “We should be moving to the top of these mountains,” he said. “I’m working with believers that I call ninja sheep—those are believers that are actual believers but have to maintain discretion with their public profile.”

The Ninja Sheep idea I hadn't heard before, but the article has this video linked explaining the idea:
The US tabloid The Sun has some pictures of Robert Shinn and his mansion here:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4947891/tiktok-cult-mansion-los-angeles-robert-shinn/

Back