• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I woke up at 7am today, absolutely fuming, angry/annoyed!

So, I had an issue with the brakes on the rear of my Vauxhall Chevette (I don't actually own a Vauxhall Chevette).
A woman I know suggested/recommended a friend of hers who 'works at the local Audi main dealers' (I don't know her. And that is not advice I would take TBH knowing how much main dealers charge for stuff. And why Audi for a Vauxhall anyway?)

View attachment 55004

Skip to.....
Next thing I know I'm being presented with a bill for replacing the seals in the rear brake cylinders (a simple job which I could do on my driveway in about an hour at most, with a refurb kit that should cost a tenner at most).
They are wanting £645.00 for 40+ hours of work!
So I'm angrily trying to get them to justify charging so much, and the bloke is telling me that the car had to be up on the ramps for more than a couple of days while they waited for parts, so they had to charge me for all that time waiting!!!!!!!

GRRRRrrrrrr........I woke up absolutely seething with rage! The bastards. How dare they try and get away with stiffing me for that massive amount???
Probably because there are actually idiots out there that would pay the money without question FFS.

So it took me quite some time to calm down and convince myself that I was angry over a dream, about a car I don't own, a woman I don't know, a garage that doesn't exist, and a bill for work that never happened....etc etc.

I had a pale blue "shove-it" just like your photo (except with more rust).

I too am influenced by what I was thinking and doing before sleep quite often. You are the only other person I have come into contact that has said the same thing. :)

Although the function of dreams has not yet been clearly defined, there are many competing theories. Some assume that dreams are a sub-product of the brains reorganizing the data accumulated during the day. This hypothesis would account for this kind of phenomenon.

Here is another illustration : recently, my parent's cat passed away, aged 16. He was like a (feline) younger brother to me : a real friend. About a week after his death, I did something which may look silly. Before going to bed, I started to speak to him as if he was still alive and resting on my bed as he used to do. I knew he wasn't there, but I guess I needed to say him a final goodbye ... So I spoke, said "good night" and immediately sank into sleep. That very night, I dreamt of the cat coming to me and doing his catty things ... It did not happen again before or after that night.

So I guess we can heavily influence the content of our dreams with what we concentrate on just before going to sleep. Next time, I shall try reading a men's magazine with nice pictures before going to bed, just to make sure my theory is correct !

I was being stalked by a tiger last night. The dream started off mundane: I was working in a busy kitchen in a castle. It was the end on the night and I had a hot plate on wheels that I had to clean down but there was no cleaning sprays. I was getting more and more frustrated going to each department until some senior co worker said "You're just going to have to go to the shop." .. boring so far ..

We were walking down the gravel driveway when a huge tiger walked around the corner of the castle and started trotting towards us. There was a large beach towel on the floor that was nearly the same colour as the tiger's fur so I picked that up and tried to throw it over the tiger but I missed and it landed on the woman's back. The tiger took the towel off the woman's back but it didn't hurt her .. it just started circling us. We didn't have any choice but to walk to a main road which went down a short hill to a T junction. The thing was, each time I looked to see if we were still being followed, 'it' alternated between being the tiger and a thin old woman dressed in brown still following us and staring at us. This was still happening when we got to the T junction, I didn't see if morph/transform .. it was just either the tiger or the old woman.

The normal woman walked to the right, I walked to the left, it started to follow her then it turned back to follow me. I knew I was probably about to be attacked anyway and I'd spotted a house with it's front door open so I walked right past the tiger (who was now the old woman again), up to the front door and said to the husband and wife (trying not to sound panicked) "Please can I step inside your house? .. she's following me and she's weird" .. they looked at each other and they could tell I was frightened so he nodded me in but they both stayed outside.

The wooden door was obviously a bit rotten, the white paint was flaking off and the glass panes were wobbly. It was a bright sunny day but I just wanted to get away from this tiger that kept changing into a skinny old woman in brown who wouldn't stop following me. I looked through the door window and there was a young girl, about 10 years old with blonde hair in a centre parting, 70's style summer clothing .. her teeth looked like wooden splinters but she was giving me a genuine warm smile so I was frightened. The husband was standing next to 'it' now looking a bit confused then she said, still looking me in the eyes "He can see what I can see!" ...

I woke myself up, went downstairs and had a smoke.

Last edited:
I was being stalked by a tiger last night. The dream started off mundane: I was working in a busy kitchen in a castle. It was the end on the night and I had a hot plate on wheels that I had to clean down but there was no cleaning sprays. I was getting more and more frustrated going to each department until some senior co worker said "You're just going to have to go to the shop." .. boring so far ..

We were walking down the gravel driveway when a huge tiger walked around the corner of the castle and started trotting towards us. There was a large beach towel on the floor that was nearly the same colour as the tiger's fur so I picked that up and tried to throw it over the tiger but I missed and it landed on the woman's back. The tiger took the towel off the woman's back but it didn't hurt her .. it just started circling us. We didn't have any choice but to walk to a main road which went down a short hill to a T junction. The thing was, each time I looked to see if we were still being followed, 'it' alternated between being the tiger and a thin old woman dressed in brown still following us and staring at us. This was still happening when we got to the T junction, I didn't see if morph/transform .. it was just either the tiger or the old woman.

The normal woman walked to the right, I walked to the left, it started to follow her then it turned back to follow me. I knew I was probably about to be attacked anyway and I'd spotted a house with it's front door open so I walked right past the tiger (who was now the old woman again), up to the front door and said to the husband and wife (trying not to sound panicked) "Please can I step inside your house? .. she's following me and she's weird" .. they looked at each other and they could tell I was frightened so he nodded me in but they both stayed outside.

The wooden door was obviously a bit rotten, the white paint was flaking off and the glass panes were wobbly. It was a bright sunny day but I just wanted to get away from this tiger that kept changing into a skinny old woman in brown who wouldn't stop following me. I looked through the door window and there was a young girl, about 10 years old with blonde hair in a centre parting, 70's style summer clothing .. her teeth looked like wooden splinters but she was giving me a genuine warm smile so I was frightened. The husband was standing next to 'it' now looking a bit confused then she said, still looking me in the eyes "He can see what I can see!" ...

I woke myself up, went downstairs and had a smoke.
After the smoke did you see a tiger? :hahazebs:

After the smoke did you see a tiger? :hahazebs:
Tobacco .. I don't smoke weed .. lol .. out of it being a tiger, a little girl or an old woman dressed all in brown as and when it chose which one to be? .. for some reason I found the old woman to be the most frightening.

Tobacco .. I don't smoke weed .. lol .. out of it being a tiger, a little girl or an old woman dressed all in brown as and when it chose which one to be? .. for some reason I found the old woman to be the most frightening.
So the little girl was the tiger too? That is an interesting dream. Do you think it is about others being able to see something about you which you can't? Maybe a fear of feeling exposed in some way/not being able to hide your feelings to others?
Or was that just a random thing your brain put into the dream?

So the little girl was the tiger too? That is an interesting dream. Do you think it is about others being able to see something about you which you can't? Maybe a fear of feeling exposed in some way/not being able to hide your feelings to others?
Or was that just a random thing your brain put into the dream?
I don't know but that's an interesting perspective .. in order, it was a tiger who didn't attack but easily could have done so, the old woman with piercing eyes who also didn't then the little girl who also didn't. All three were definitely the same single entity though. I remember thinking 'this door's not going to save me, it's rotten' and then this little girl who I knew was the entity was smiling at me but not trying to get in.

I don't know but that's an interesting perspective .. in order, it was a tiger who didn't attack but easily could have done so, the old woman with piercing eyes who also didn't then the little girl who also didn't. All three were definitely the same single entity though. I remember thinking 'this door's not going to save me, it's rotten' and then this little girl who I knew was the entity was smiling at me but not trying to get in.
So maybe your fear of others exposure/unwanted responses is unfounded and your mind is trying to tell you that?

That would be a nice positive dream..... :)

So maybe your fear of others exposure/unwanted responses is unfounded and your mind is trying to tell you that?

That would be a nice positive dream..... :)
I like the sound of that explanation thank you EO X .. that's comforting if you're right.

It could also mean 'don't trust any fucker and stay on your toes' .. I work by the law of 3 so I'll let someone, something off twice but when someone or something threatens me a third time in life? .. I close the door. It could be that as well. I was verbally raised that way. Or it could just be a weird dream.

Last edited:
I had a wild one last night.

I was watching a movie and started at the second half. It was about these giant viruses/bacteria that were 4-6 feet long/around/whatever-amorphous-shape-you're-thinking-of-right-now.

They were all bright pink and they could move through objects. The second half was all about how the Earth was enveloped in this one, giant, living virus. It produced giant eyes with legs that could be seen walking around, then being reabsorbed.

I was excited to learn that they'd replay the movie soon, so I could catch the first bit. It had something to do with a woman being captured (bear in mind that this had a campy, '80's vibe to it) and the virus fed on her, but the cultists supporting the virus didn't want it to kill her because she had to be sacrificed in some ceremony. Also, apparently humans need 6 "shots" to survive the virus. There was a powerful family involved in the cult/bringing this virus to the world.

Next thing I know, I'm not exactly in the movie, but now their world is mine. My comforter became infected so I threw it out of my bedroom into the hallway. Suddenly I realize I need to check in on my roommate, so I open my door quickly and leap over the now-moving comforter into the living room.

Roommate starts getting attacked (there are several ways this can happen, one is to have sort of skeins of yarn chase up your body) but I know that to save him, all I have to do is pull/rip the pieces of "yarn" off him. He's saved, then I get an idea....

I order the virus that infected my comforter to the "time-out" chair. It had been bad, so it needed an hour timeout. It slunk over to the chair atop a dining table (for no apparent reason). Over time, it separated into two tiny discs, hanging on a Christmas tree. I somehow got the discs into freezer bags and they appeared dead after being frozen solid.

My roommate was leaving with another friend and I asked him to throw the "former" virus in the dumpster. He said, "Hell no! I'm not getting anywhere near that again!"

Whelp, any Freudians want to take a gander at that one? :D

l was in a - seaside? - town with a large group of friends and acquaintances, apparently guests at a two-venue wedding. lt was vaguely reminiscent of Hunstanton on a rare sunny day. The second venue was to be at a seaside resort in north Wales.

l’d apparently agreed to give a nice Japanese family a lift between the two sites. I’d parked my car some distance away on some rough ground. Although it was legit to park there, the only access was via a narrow grass lane with chain link fences on either side, bordering light industrial units.

l decided to empty my bladder before we moved off to location two, so - in company with other, like-minded blokes - l headed for a loo. Before doing so, l stashed a can of Sprite on top of a door awning for the drive ahead.

Access to the loo was a nightmare due to crowds, and when l finally got my turn, l managed to spray wee down my tan-coloured trousers. l had to pull sheet after sheet of paper from the wall-mounted dispenser to try and dry myself off.

I retrieved my Sprite, having a brief chat with a nice landlady, and walked off to get my car.

As l arrived at the chain-link “alley”, l was dismayed to see that an old, bearded traveller-looking type fella had decided to exit the car parking area with a huge piece of agricultural machinery, blocking it completely. Traveller kids were throwing stones at it. l asked him how long it would take to get the machine out of the narrow passage. “About an hour”, was his dispiriting reply. He glared at me in a way that suggested that he wouldn’t be at all unhappy if the large boom protruding from the front of the device ended up embedded in my chest, and threw a large green caterpillar at me. Surprisingly, the emerald-green bug left a bright red stain on my bottle-green shirt. Great.

Suddenly, the machine and beardo are gone, replaced by a traveller woman who’s walking with me towards my car. l can’t remember what exactly she was saying, but the gist was that she was blackmailing me by suggesting that - if l wanted to retrieve my car safely - l’d have to buy her and her pals a chicken meal from [name of actual low-end cafe in my town, run by an acquaintance of my wife].

Fin.

Before anyone asks: No idea, from start to finish…

maximus otter

I awoke this morning, looked at the clock, and determined I'd slept for 4 cycles (the minimum amount that passes for a "full night's sleep" with me). I was still groggily debating whether to go for a fifth cycle when - next thing I knew - I awoke again about half an hour later.

During this brief sleep addendum I had a dream, which may have consisted of only one scene.

I was sitting in a hotel lobby or similar nice open interior space, furnished with nice pastel-upholstered furniture. I was holding a broadsheet hardcopy publication (e.g., a newspaper), and I began to inspect its front page. It displayed a vertical listing of headlines, each with a little descriptive blurb. My eyes settled on a headline / blurb about halfway down the listing. The headline read:

" 'Amelia Earhart' appears in crossword puzzles and puzzle clues at the lowest rate since the war.

I then:

- checked the date at the top of the page (it was current / 2022);

- surmised "the war" referred to WW2, when there were other things on people's minds following Earhart's disappearance; and ...

- thought something like "big deal / so what else is new?!?", then decided to get up and go have some breakfast.

That's when I awoke in "the real world."

I awoke this morning, looked at the clock, and determined I'd slept for 4 cycles (the minimum amount that passes for a "full night's sleep" with me). I was still groggily debating whether to go for a fifth cycle when - next thing I knew - I awoke again about half an hour later.

During this brief sleep addendum I had a dream, which may have consisted of only one scene.

I was sitting in a hotel lobby or similar nice open interior space, furnished with nice pastel-upholstered furniture. I was holding a broadsheet hardcopy publication (e.g., a newspaper), and I began to inspect its front page. It displayed a vertical listing of headlines, each with a little descriptive blurb. My eyes settled on a headline / blurb about halfway down the listing. The headline read:

" 'Amelia Earhart' appears in crossword puzzles and puzzle clues at the lowest rate since the war.

I then:

- checked the date at the top of the page (it was current / 2022);

- surmised "the war" referred to WW2, when there were other things on people's minds following Earhart's disappearance; and ...

- thought something like "big deal / so what else is new?!?", then decided to get up and go have some breakfast.

That's when I awoke in "the real world."
Amelia who?

Just kidding.

So I woke up this morning absolutely convinced that 'Flying Trains' had been invented.
The prototype for these had been introduced in Scotland and (despite the fact that I have never been to Scotland) I had ridden on it.

How these worked was they basically looked like regular trains, except every 3rd or 4th carriage was a unit which contained some kind of thrust system similar to that seen on Harrier Jump Jets.
So quite clearly it totally defied all laws of physics, and wasn't at all rational, or necessary, but it all seemed quite hi-tech and marvellous in my dream.
Not only that though............although the flying train would travel normally on rails when on land, the flying bit came into use when the track finished on a cliff edge, with the train immediately becoming airborne. It flew straight out over the sea and then came in to 'land', like a seaplane, on water in a specially constructed dock, but raised up on big concrete pillars next to some large coastal town.

When I woke up I was so convinced this was an actual real thing that I even went to the bother of checking on google if this existed, and it was some time before I realised I must indeed be losing my mind - of course this couldn't be a real thing!

So I woke up this morning absolutely convinced that 'Flying Trains' had been invented.
The prototype for these had been introduced in Scotland and (despite the fact that I have never been to Scotland) I had ridden on it.

How these worked was they basically looked like regular trains, except every 3rd or 4th carriage was a unit which contained some kind of thrust system similar to that seen on Harrier Jump Jets.
So quite clearly it totally defied all laws of physics, and wasn't at all rational, or necessary, but it all seemed quite hi-tech and marvellous in my dream.
Not only that though............although the flying train would travel normally on rails when on land, the flying bit came into use when the track finished on a cliff edge, with the train immediately becoming airborne. It flew straight out over the sea and then came in to 'land', like a seaplane, on water in a specially constructed dock, but raised up on big concrete pillars next to some large coastal town.

When I woke up I was so convinced this was an actual real thing that I even went to the bother of checking on google if this existed, and it was some time before I realised I must indeed be losing my mind - of course this couldn't be a real thing!
Here's a Scottish flying train:
Scotsman%20High%20Res%201.jpg

OK, bear with me on this. The dream was deeply disturbing at the time, yet hilarious in retrospect. On Sunday, I was walking down a local street on the way back from dinner with my family, and spotted this Jubilee shop display:
20220605_192545.jpg

Imperial Stormtrooper. Geddit?

Well, now to the dream that I had the night after I noticed this display.

I was in a big country house, with some other people, don't remember who. Looking through a glass-panel door, I could see another similar door just outside, looking into another room beyond. The net curtain twitched and was pulled back and I could see a life-sized mannequin dressed as a ceremonial British soldier, red uniform and all, except that it wasn't really a mannequin, more like a human-sized, anthropomorphic taxidermy rabbit, complete with glazed stare, looking right at me, which terrified me.

I said to my companions something like, "It's OK, the doors are locked, it can't get in here." At which point there was hammering on the internal wood-panel door on the other side of the room. The door splintered and was smashed in, with a ceremonial sword coming through from the other side. The rabbit-mannequin thing smashed through the door, with sword in one hand and a small rabbit-fur covered item in its other hand. It was very angry and said, "We are at every ceremonial event, but we are never invited!" I took this to mean that rabbit-fur items were always there as part of the costume, or rabbit-feet for luck or whatever, but no-one ever invited the rabbits. The pure horror of this startled me awake.

As I said, in retrospect, hilarious.

OK, bear with me on this. The dream was deeply disturbing at the time, yet hilarious in retrospect. On Sunday, I was walking down a local street on the way back from dinner with my family, and spotted this Jubilee shop display:
View attachment 55942
Imperial Stormtrooper. Geddit?

Well, now to the dream that I had the night after I noticed this display.

I was in a big country house, with some other people, don't remember who. Looking through a glass-panel door, I could see another similar door just outside, looking into another room beyond. The net curtain twitched and was pulled back and I could see a life-sized mannequin dressed as a ceremonial British soldier, red uniform and all, except that it wasn't really a mannequin, more like a human-sized, anthropomorphic taxidermy rabbit, complete with glazed stare, looking right at me, which terrified me.

I said to my companions something like, "It's OK, the doors are locked, it can't get in here." At which point there was hammering on the internal wood-panel door on the other side of the room. The door splintered and was smashed in, with a ceremonial sword coming through from the other side. The rabbit-mannequin thing smashed through the door, with sword in one hand and a small rabbit-fur covered item in its other hand. It was very angry and said, "We are at every ceremonial event, but we are never invited!" I took this to mean that rabbit-fur items were always there as part of the costume, or rabbit-feet for luck or whatever, but no-one ever invited the rabbits. The pure horror of this startled me awake.

As I said, in retrospect, hilarious.
See......Rabbits can be scary. :hahazebs: As I well know....:D And yes, in retrospect hilarious....

Not a 'dream' as such, but had been awake for hours then nodded off for 20 minutes to be woken by @Min Bannister saying sarcastically ''Oh good for you, church-queue Joe''. Churchqueue Joe. Wtf?

Where did you come from, where did you go?
I came to town like a midwinter storm
I rode through the fields, so handsome and strong
My eyes were my tools and my smile was my gun
But all I had come for was having some fun ...... Apparently.

A most curious and lengthy dream.

So I had somehow ended up 'helping out' for free at a small warehouse and offices (which I felt I was happy to do because I fancied the 'woman in the office').
I realised that the 'warehouse manager' was inept, and I was trying to show that I could do things better than him, so that I could get a job there, hopefully replacing him.
So anyways, on to the next scene in the dream....

I'm suddenly in the position of 'warehouse manager' having replaced the useless guy, and starting to make changes and improvements, thinking to myself that I'm sure the 'woman in the office' would be impressed with me.

Next thing I know, the 'woman in the office' is there, with her 'other half', telling us that they're off on holiday or some shit, and who is he?
Yeah, that's right....... the bloke who was the previous 'warehouse manager'. FFS.

An odd dream in the time just before the alarm went off.

My oldest was a baby again and needed his nappy changing (he's 27 in August).

The In House GP was going to a stag do dressed as a pirate (more Captain Hook than Captain Jack).

Whilst I was looking for a place to change the baby, my mum's cousin walked past me and said "What words do you think of when you look at my dress?" She was wearing a peach chiffon maxi dress with long sleeves, very 70s.
I said "Summer, diaphanous."
She replied "When I look at yours I think of cabbage." I seemed to be wearing a grey linen shift dress.
Then she walked away from me, and I shouted after her, "But it has pockets!"

It left me slightly worried as the cousin in question is about 90, and was last heard of living in a dementia home in Spain. I'm just hoping that wasn't her last hurrah to me.

and needed his nappy changing (he's 27 in August).
Whenever my son is involved in any dream I might have, he is always between the ages of 3 and 5 (ish).
He was 26 two weeks ago.

Main content of dream is forgotten but remember unwrapping a large brown-paper-and-string package (charity shop bargain) and stopping half way through as I'd already recognised the content ie a very limited edition jacket/coat commissioned by Lady Kitchener for her husband. By strange coincidence (quite frequent in dreams) I had seen a magazine article about it the previous day. The coat had a blouse lining silk-printed with scenes from Lord Kitchener's illustrious career - can't seem to read in dreams but possibly Sudan, Egypt, India, South Africa with the accompanying news print articles. It was a thing of beauty and I gave to an acquaintance to cheer him up.
Returned to this dream after much time had passed.
Sherlock Holmes (in the guise of an acerbic Benedict Cumberbatch) had been quietly impressed by my Charity shop find although dubious of provenance at first by the presence of a lady's blouse inside a man's coat. However my acquaintance had still not cheered up as his father had made him detached the jacket arms so the inside sleeve could be examined for authenticity - which kind of ruined the coat.
I realised this was a morality/lesson dream - the lesson being that if you give something away voluntarily, then it no longer yours and you have no further say. Let it go.

Not often I have any dreams with any sort of internal logic or story, but the other night…

I was opening a huge metal door and thinking, “wedge this bloody thing because you do not want it to shut on you and leave you THAT side of it.” I opened it and wedged it open, revealing a curved corridor. On the inside curve was a huge control panel all switches, dials and lights. The other side was a vast curved window beyond which was a special kind of nothing.

Looking at this nothing evoked feelings of loss, insignificance, homesickness and fear. I was holding something that needed replacing on the control panel so I walked round cursing those that made it for the part failure and for not having the sense to cover that awful window.

When I got to the part to replace it struck me. It had gone wrong so I could return, no blame would be attached, don’t replace the part, just go back and I would know no more until I was home in under a year.” Then I thought “If I replace the part I’ll be home in just over a year and I’ll have all the data and once you’re back through the door you won’t know about it until it’s time to collect the data. Subjectively it will only be two weeks longer than giving in”

If I looked at the window I wanted to bolt back through the door, if I didn’t then duty or whatever took over. I replaced the part and ran for the door, kicked the wedge out, closed the door.. and woke up.

All a bit cheap SF plot, am I in an induced reality waiting to be woken and to collect some data somewhere? I guess the window is a memory of Larry Niven’s view of FTL travel where looking out of the hull in FTL can produce all sorts of weirdness.

The main part was the incredibly negative sets of emotions I experienced when looking at that window in the dream. I couldn’t describe the view but the emotions switched on or off depending on whether I was looking at it.

I’ll let you know what the Alpha Centauri system looks like… :bthumbup:

Back