• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
It's almost as if they don't want to be able to tell the difference between a Bigfoot and a man in a ghillie suit. :thought:
Sadly, many of the intriguing Bigfoot reports from the UK are probably just that: a man in a ghillie suit seen in low-light or the dark from a passing car or wherever. If you follow the reports, you will see that those who investigate such sightings never factor in this possibility, and that includes prolific paranormal author Nick Redfern who wrote an entire book on the British Bigfoot (Wildman, CFZ Press) and not once asked if his witnesses were being misled by the brief sighting of someone in a ghillie suit. Likewise, Lee Brickley and Deborah Hatswell.

The use of ghillie suits for hunting, bird watching, nature photography and by the military and police is more widespread that most people realise.

Last edited:
I'd just cover a car with cameras pointing in every direction and drive up and down rural roads where there have been sightings. Bigfoot seems to have a habit of playing chicken with oncoming vehicles.
I would love to fly one of the new generation of airships over the Pacific Northwest, packed with cameras and sensors and with drones that can be sent down remotely to check out any results. Any billionaires reading this...?

I am very open to the idea of a Bigfoot-type creature in the Pacific Northwest and Canada and the subject deserves better than this show and others
LOL - hours later, we were looking for a particular show and 'Expedition Bigfoot' was still on, this time the blonde was saying, 'Did you hear that? It sounds like an animal!'
I can't believe that show hasn't been scrapped for silliness!
And I'm sure there is some type of creature in these dense forests, too many sightings.

I am very open to the idea of a Bigfoot-type creature in the Pacific Northwest and Canada and the subject deserves better than this show and others
I'm sceptical on the other hand, but like you I'd welcome well-made TV in this respect, ideally that doesn't a priori assume bigfoot is real and sets about collecting other than anecdotal evidence while avoiding running round in the woods at night for dramatic effect.

I would love to fly one of the new generation of airships over the Pacific Northwest, packed with cameras and sensors and with drones that can be sent down remotely to check out any results. Any billionaires reading this...?
I'm pretty sure I posted this before:

Idaho scientist seeks to launch aerial Bigfoot search with blimp (2012)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gfoot-search-with-blimp-idUKBRE8A402G20121105

It didn't "fly". The website for The Falcon Project looks like it's been hacked. Maybe they should ask Forrest Gallante - or maybe he would not want to be associated with such a dubious project.

LOL - hours later, we were looking for a particular show and 'Expedition Bigfoot' was still on, this time the blonde was saying, 'Did you hear that? It sounds like an animal!'
I can't believe that show hasn't been scrapped for silliness!
And I'm sure there is some type of creature in these dense forests, too many sightings.
The blond woman is an actual primatologist, and more than once has given verbal smack downs to the other, much sillier members of the team when they get "woo-woo" or seek to over-interpret things they find. I don't know how much post-processing is being done, and there's far too much "mood music", so I cannot speak to their reality. They have reported objects being thrown at them, and even recorded video of bipedal somethings, but seem to be incompetent at tracking the same. Their camera people are more actively involved than previous shows, and you hear their grunts, groans, moans, and censored words as they try to follow the hosts through the woods at night.

The blond woman is an actual primatologist, and more than once has given verbal smack downs to the other, much sillier members of the team when they get "woo-woo" or seek to over-interpret things they find. I don't know how much post-processing is being done, and there's far too much "mood music", so I cannot speak to their reality. They have reported objects being thrown at them, and even recorded video of bipedal somethings, but seem to be incompetent at tracking the same. Their camera people are more actively involved than previous shows, and you hear their grunts, groans, moans, and censored words as they try to follow the hosts through the woods at night.
I don't doubt that they are actually having experiences and observations, and all of that could probably be posted into one 'Expedition Bigfoot' show for an hour or so. Don't think it's enough for a series.

Will she ever work as a primatologist again after being associated with the show?
Not much work in that area to begin with. TV seems to be a siren call for some where academics doesn't suit. There are several geologists who have jumped the shark also and did bad TV and another primatologist (though totally skeptical), Natalia Reagan, who also chose TV over academics. The pay can be temporarily better.

I suspect she'll make a career out of Bigfoot. It's a small pond and those with sci cred do pretty well on the convention circuit.

They have reported objects being thrown at them, and even recorded video of bipedal somethings, but seem to be incompetent at tracking the same.
In a couple of recent episodes they had a stick and some rocks thrown at them but I don't recall any attempt to collect them(mind you my attention was wandering). Seems strange when a mysterious creature is possibly supplying hair, skin and DNA samples not to take advantage of it.

In a couple of recent episodes they had a stick and some rocks thrown at them but I don't recall any attempt to collect them(mind you my attention was wandering). Seems strange when a mysterious creature is possibly supplying hair, skin and DNA samples not to take advantage of it.
This last time the primatologist woman took eDNA samples from a stick structure that did appear to be similar to others, and appeared to have required manual manipulation.
Her investigative partner, however, went woo-woo yet again and brought in a "remote viewer", which is basically a cold reader who says vague things that believers selectively remember after.
I feel most sorry for the poor cameraman who travels with the survivalist; always crashing through the woods in the dark, nearly got himself killed taking a wee.

This last time the primatologist woman took eDNA samples from a stick structure that did appear to be similar to others, and appeared to have required manual manipulation.
Her investigative partner, however, went woo-woo yet again and brought in a "remote viewer", which is basically a cold reader who says vague things that believers selectively remember after.
I feel most sorry for the poor cameraman who travels with the survivalist; always crashing through the woods in the dark, nearly got himself killed taking a wee.
I see that in an upcoming episode they have a psychic helping them find bigfoot...

I always get the feeling the cameraman would rather be somewhere else.

From the Small Town Monsters crew:

In this special episode of The Bigfoot Project, Seth is joined by Bigfoot researcher, Cliff Barackman. They investigate the property in Minerva before heading to a nearby lake where they are greeted by a bizarre scream in the forest.

She has a PhD in Primatology.

A PhD is no small achievement, I have a family member who gained one and it took over seven years. One of my (mature student) college lecturers down here in Cornwall had a PhD in Palaeontology that he gained through field work out in Utah. Lovely chap, however, what he now teaches has nothing to do with dinosaurs. It is ongoing fieldwork and academic research that makes you an expert in your field, not one qualification you may have gained in your early 20s (for example). Is she is getting her work on surviving hominoid relic populations published in peer-reviewed scientific journals...?

Footage from the final moments of last week's edition of Expedition Bigfoot. We'll have to wait until Friday in the UK to see what they make of it. At least it's a change from shaky night-vision shots of the team saying "Did you hear that?... It's over there..."

A "large primate skull" was allegedly found in British Columbia by American YouTuber Coyote Peterson, according to social media posts he shared on Thursday (July 7). In those posts, Peterson wrote that he had hid the discovery "for several weeks" from government officials and any others who might "try to cease [sic] our footage" of the excavation. However, experts told Live Science that Peterson's claim is highly suspect and that secretly extracting and transporting animal remains across national borders may be illegal.

https://www.livescience.com/coyote-peterson-primate-skull-fiasco

While I'd place a good bit of cash that this is indeed a stunt for clicks and attention, I do wish that they wouldn't call it a "cast" so quickly without being certain. I'm not convinced it "matches the cast" sold online. It may be a real skull, placed in the mud and retrieved. But I do accept that it certainly is a gorilla skull. Not sure what this goof is on about but it's not cool. However, the Bigfoot believers are eating it up, they are way too gullible.

From Facebook

fb save.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back