• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

One morning when I was walking to school everything seemed to have faded and gone quiet but it lasted but seconds before normality resumed as I noticed it. I'm not sure whether I was on the cusp of a time slip though because sometimes when I'm walking now I occasionally become engrossed in my thoughts and have covered a short distance without being aware of my surroundings.
Sounds like what Jenny Randles calls the "Oz Factor," as it sometimes happens prior to odd events such as UFO sightings. But sometimes time slips and other events happen out of the blue with no strange feelings at all, so it may be an individual matter.

Sounds like what Jenny Randles calls the "Oz Factor," as it sometimes happens prior to odd events such as UFO sightings. But sometimes time slips and other events happen out of the blue with no strange feelings at all, so it may be an individual matter.
Yes I said many times on heart that I had the Oz Factor feeling a minute or so before me and my friend saw a UFO.

Certainly felt like it but does that come from the UFO in my case ?
Often when I read up on 'time slips' or UFO cases, it seems that the words 'electromagnetic' come up.
When I had a UFO sighting, I don't recall feeling that.
Once I was caught in a severe thunderstorm and was running for the house, when lightning struck just a few feet from me. It was a very strange feeling in the air, this bolt of lightning hit the soil and sizzled.

Often when I read up on 'time slips' or UFO cases, it seems that the words 'electromagnetic' come up.
When I had a UFO sighting, I don't recall feeling that.
Once I was caught in a severe thunderstorm and was running for the house, when lightning struck just a few feet from me. It was a very strange feeling in the air, this bolt of lightning hit the soil and sizzled.
You were very lucky.

This isn’t so much a timeslip more a feeling I had yesterday. Me and my wife and the dog were walking around the backstreets of east Wittering in Sussex looking for a road that would give us access to the beach. We don’t live here we are on holiday.
The dog was lagging behind and when I looked around to see where she was I had this sudden feeling in my head that I was in the 1960s. It didn’t last long,maybe five seconds and disappeared as quickly as it started. I carried on walking thinking that was strange.
The road was mostly bungalows and modern new builds. The weather was gloomy with very dark rain clouds coming over and a strong wind.
Not sure why, but I've sensed a strange energy around the place a few times when I've been there over the years. The Boulevard cafe is good though.

A fascinating time slip experience has just been posted on Deborah Hatswell's BBR site:

An excerpt:

"As we were sitting there a woman caught my eye because she was dressed all in black and it was the height of summer. The woman turned at the side of us and headed to the beach. 15 minutes later this exact sequence repeated itself and I just thought she was lost. I then noticed this happened again 15 minutes later and again for the 4th time 15 minutes later making it the hour. I said to my mate, is it about 6.58pm? He looked at his watch and giggled and said no it’s 7.02 with a quip about me not needing a watch.

We paid for our meal at that point and we walked about 100 metres to a waiting taxi. The taxi clock said 8.03 which was confusing but I just thought it was down to the time difference. The journey took 10 minutes or so and the huge clock in our hotel reception said 8.45pm? I just asked Jason the same lad with the watch what time it was, he said 8.45pm. He giggled nervously and we all just looked at each other thinking what the hell had happened?"

https://debhatswell.wordpress.com/2022/06/08/when-time-repeats-itself/

A fascinating time slip experience has just been posted on Deborah Hatswell's BBR site:

An excerpt:

"As we were sitting there a woman caught my eye because she was dressed all in black and it was the height of summer. The woman turned at the side of us and headed to the beach. 15 minutes later this exact sequence repeated itself and I just thought she was lost. I then noticed this happened again 15 minutes later and again for the 4th time 15 minutes later making it the hour. I said to my mate, is it about 6.58pm? He looked at his watch and giggled and said no it’s 7.02 with a quip about me not needing a watch.

We paid for our meal at that point and we walked about 100 metres to a waiting taxi. The taxi clock said 8.03 which was confusing but I just thought it was down to the time difference. The journey took 10 minutes or so and the huge clock in our hotel reception said 8.45pm? I just asked Jason the same lad with the watch what time it was, he said 8.45pm. He giggled nervously and we all just looked at each other thinking what the hell had happened?"

https://debhatswell.wordpress.com/2022/06/08/when-time-repeats-itself/
The old 'Fate Magazine' was full of these time-slip stories, seems they happen more than we know. Fascinating!

Last edited:
I was pondering the idea, if there are parallel universes what if when people get dementia don’t have a strong attachment to one universe. It’s just musings.

It’s a horrible thing when the brain doesn’t work like it should any more.
My Mum died of dementia, but I knew something was wrong for years before that.
She went through menopause at 53, and was never the same. She would send me Christmas cards that were for a little girl, and she didn't remember people she had known for years.
I always felt that it was a hormonal issue that threw her into dementia, I tried to tell my Dad that she needed medical treatment, but he wouldn't listen.
Oops sorry, this is the time slip thread - so let me just say that I do believe someone else is living my life in a parallel universe! :)

She went through menopause at 53, and was never the same. She would send me Christmas cards that were for a little girl, and she didn't remember people she had known for years.
I always felt that it was a hormonal issue that threw her into dementia, I tried to tell my Dad that she needed medical treatment, but he wouldn't listen.
Oops sorry, this is the time slip thread - so let me just say that I do believe someone else is living my life in a parallel universe! :)
So many things are linked in the body and I think we’ve only just touched the surface of our knowledge.

So many things are linked in the body and I think we’ve only just touched the surface of our knowledge.
I think also that there are many weird things that go on in this world that by and large go unnoticed because we are not looking for them and also being too preoccupied with the predictability of everyday life. I often wonder how many weird or Fortean things happen everyday that never get reported that the person just chalks up as strange and unexplainable.

Years ago a friend told me of a trip to see his parents who owned a farm in Yarcombe near Chard in Devon. He was born there so knew the place well. One trip he said as he drove through Yarcombe itself that there was no one around and that the place looked completely different. I often wonder if he experienced a time slip. His experience was sufficiently odd that he told me about it.

I've had that similar feeling a few times where I live in Brighton (UK). A few times I've driven down roads where it all feels different and odd but is somehow looks the same. It may of course just be my mind playing tricks on me. Perhaps time slips don't always span years and years, maybe a hundred years or more, but can instead span just months or maybe a year or two so things still look familiar but somehow different.

Last edited:
I think also that there are many weird things that go on in this world that by and large go unnoticed because we are not looking for them and also being too preoccupied with the predictability of everyday life. I often wonder how many weird or Fortean things happen everyday that never get reported that the person just chalks up as strange and unexplainable.

Years ago a friend told me of a trip to see his parents who owned a farm in Yarcombe near Chard in Devon. He was born there so knew the place well. One trip he said as he drove through Yarcombe itself that there was no one around and that the place looked completely different. I often wonder if he experienced a time slip. His experience was sufficiently odd that he told me about it.

I've had that similar feeling a few times where I live in Brighton (UK). A few times I've driven down roads where it all feels different and odd but is somehow looks the same. It may of course just be my mind playing tricks on me. Perhaps time slips don't always span years and years, maybe a hundred years or more, but can instead span just months or maybe a year or two so things still look familiar but somehow different.
Personal items that disappear and then reappear in an obvious place that was previously searched are a good example of this. Most people just shrug it off as 'just one of those things':

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOTT-things-disappear-relocate-happens/dp/1938398947

The more we learn about quantum physics the more it feels - to me at least - that science might one day explain this. That said, is some intelligence manipulating the science for its own ends...?

It might be that this kind of ‘discontinuity’ is caused by the image that is kept in mind of a place, not having shifted to keep pace with the gradual changes that all landscapes accumulate. Then when these changes have accumulated to a point where they can't be ignored, the brain updates its mental image (a ‘context’) all at once.

It might be that this kind of ‘discontinuity’ is caused by the image that is kept in mind of a place, not having shifted to keep pace with the gradual changes that all landscapes accumulate. Then when these changes have accumulated to a point where they can't be ignored, the brain updates its mental image (a ‘context’) all at once.
The forces involved in fault lines and plate tectonics are simply immense, far far greater than the largest nuclear bomb ever detonated. Even in the UK there are active fault lines and all that immense power interacts with the piezoelectrical qualities of quartz and other minerals and you essentially have one massive power generator (okay, not very technical but you get the idea). Personally, I feel this might be the 'engine' behind many paranormal phenomenon, including time-slips. The question remains as to whether or not this power is also utilised by an 'intelligent other'.

Personal items that disappear and then reappear in an obvious place that was previously searched are a good example of this. Most people just shrug it off as 'just one of those things':

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOTT-things-disappear-relocate-happens/dp/1938398947

The more we learn about quantum physics the more it feels - to me at least - that science might one day explain this. That said, is some intelligence manipulating the science for its own ends...?

Ha, this just happened to me (or rather, to my 2 year old son) just now.

He had a small wooden pig that I haven't seen for about 6 months. Looked everywhere for it in the corner where it was last seen; under furniture, behind things, etc. This morning he was playing in the same corner and I heard him talking about pigs; lo and behold he's holding it. Where did he find it?

Now if he could just find my mobile that went missing about the same place and time...

It's so infuriating when something just disappears.
I had used a tens machine for a sore knee the other night and now it's disappeared.
I always put it back onto a box under a small table beside the sofa.
It's not a tiny box and I've looked everywhere.

I had used a tens machine for a sore knee the other night and now it's disappeared.
It's entirely possible you're scanning too fast, so are not perceiving the thing. It's worth slowing down, look at an area for a whole second ('elephant'), I’ve found quite a few ‘lost’ objects by doing this. Also, is the picture in your head really what the object looks like?

Yesterday, I looked everywhere for a can of 'Italian Style White Clam Sauce' I had bought previously, could not find it anywhere.
I wanted to make shrimp and linguine for dinner, with the clam sauce. So I purchased another can, came home and was putting groceries away, and what was on the shelf, right out front? The clam sauce I had already bought - which had not been there when I was searching for it.
I'm still stunned.

I would not say someone else but maybe another aspect of you

Well, whoever it is, is living the great life and I have this one! :)
Ah but they might not be. Maybe they are bemoaning that they are not living yours!
I once said to a collegue 'what the hell must I have done in a past life to deserve all this?' She replied 'maybe this life is your reward!'
:)

I have been asked three times what year it is at a location near me, every time It has been remarked on how long I've been.

Back