• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

I stumbled across this account of a purported timeslip in a Mumsnet 'woo' thread here. Personally, I think it sounds a bit too good to be true, but - see what you think...
MarisaMaryEllen · 10/07/2022 17:08

I’ve never actually told anyone this in real life as I’ve no way of explaining it that doesn’t make me sound like I completely lost the plot. I experienced what I can only describe as some sort of time slip a couple of years ago.

I left the house with baby ds2 in his pram to collect ds1 from preschool. The first thing I noticed a couple of minutes into the walk was that it was unusually hot, like a bright summer day. It was February and had been very cold and rainy in the morning so I was surprised by the weather being so warm.

A few minutes later I passed the local doctors surgery and saw they had a new sign above the door which I thought was strange as the ‘new’ sign looked quite old fashioned and shabby and I wondered why they would have replaced the sign with an old one but didn’t give it much thought and carried on.

I was nearly at the preschool and planned to pop into the Co-op on the way to get some bread but when I got there it wasn’t a co-op it was a pub. I was so confused, it had definitely still been a shop when I’d passed it that morning and was thinking what the hell, how has it been turned into a pub in one afternoon. I looked in the window and it was a proper pub, people in it, people sat at the tables outside drinking. There was a sign outside saying you could watch the 2004 World Cup final inside. I was just so confused I carried on walking to get to the preschool.

When I got closer I started to panic because instead of seeing the preschool building there was nothing there, just a grass field behind a little fence in the grounds of the primary school, it had literally vanished. I ran closer and was properly freaking out. I thought about the sign I’d seen outside the pub and realised the preschool hadn’t been built until 2011. I was hyperventilating thinking my son is in that preschool how can I get him back if I’m in 2004, he’s not even been born yet. Am I stuck in 2004 with my baby without my son or husband.

I sat down on the floor against the wall of the school thinking what on earth can I do when I saw someone walk past texting on a smart phone, so thought I can’t actually be in 2004 can I. I stood up and looked and the preschool had reappeared. I went in and got my son and went home.

Nothing like it has happened since. It sounds mad. I’m not remotely woo and I did wonder if I’d had some sort of psychotic episode. I’d been struggling with postnatal depression after the birth of my baby (which is what made me not want to tell anyone about this!) but never lost touch with reality and wasn’t on any medication. I am stumped as to what happened really. I’m just immensely glad it was over quickly and hasn’t happened again. I’ve never felt panic like when I thought I couldn’t get my son back I looked into it and that coop had indeed used to be a pub which I wasn’t until then aware of as it had been closed long before I moved to the area which makes me inclined to think I didn’t imagine it.

Hope you are ok in hospital op.

A pub sign probably wouldn't describe it as the "[year] World Cup final", just as the "World Cup final", wouldn't you say?
Well, these finals do tend to be advertised with the year. It wasn't the World Cup that particular year, but it was known as Euro 2004 and would have been advertised as such on the official logo, etc.

Well, these finals do tend to be advertised with the year. It wasn't the World Cup that particular year, but it was known as Euro 2004 and would have been advertised as such on the official logo, etc.
We can accept that to a non-football person one final is very much like another.

So all we need are the photos (if any) she took on her smartphone at the time and to know the location so we can check out her version of history.

In fact, it is rather telling she hasn’t mentioned her own phone.

We can accept that to a non-football person one final is very much like another.

So all we need are the photos (if any) she took on her smartphone at the time and to know the location so we can check out her version of history.

In fact, it is rather telling she hasn’t mentioned her own phone.
But what if she just showed pictures actually taken in 2004? Easier to ‘fake’ than from other times.

But what if she just showed pictures actually taken in 2004? Easier to ‘fake’ than from other times.
Then she would have to reveal the location.

Also no mention of other people in the street and especially cars and other vehicles. In 2004 there would have been some noticeable older cars that would look antiquated to 2020 eyes. I’ve stated before my belief in fleeting time-slips and I don’t want to dismiss this one out of hand, but there are details missing eg it was suddenly an unusually hot day, so where there Spring/Summer leaves on the trees? There were people in the 2004 pub and this was before the smoking ban, so were they smoking inside?

I hav
Here's a link to another interesting case, which, if true , indicates that there exists parallel dimensions that are similar , or almost exact -but-not-quite, to our own. Perhaps this is where Doll feet's vanishing cafe exists?

I have a feeling that Jenny Randles wrote about this case or one very similar.

I have a feeling that Jenny Randles wrote about this case or one very similar.

Former member anonentity mentioned the Peter Williamson case as something discussed in one of Jenny Randle's books - a case for which anonentity could find no additional info. Anonentity's request for any additional info or references went unanswered. This occurred in this timeslips thread back in 2016.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/time-or-dimensional-slips.13755/post-1593025

The Randles book in question was Time Storms. This archived 2001 email discussion posting contains an excerpt from the book including a description of the Williamson incident. At face value, this represents the entirety of Randles' account of the Williamson case.

Here's the relevant portion of the excerpt ...
... At every single moment, the universe would be splitting into unthinkably large numbers of parallel realities.

It sounds crazy. But although hugely controversial, this 'many worlds' theory has passionate defenders In the scientific world. Stephen Hawking is one of those who have been drawn to it.

Certainly, however strange or incredible reports of time storms might be, they are no more incredible than what physicists are prepared to accept about the nature of the universe.

But I also believe that the existence of parallel worlds could account for what many of my witnesses have experienced. For example, take the strange events that befell Peter Williamson of Somerset on July 28, 1974.

It all began innocently, with Peter and his wife Mary enjoying a barbecue in the garden. Although it was a sumrner's day, there had just been an electrical storm.

The Williamsons noticed that their dog was cowering under a tree - spooked, perhaps, by the strange atmosphere. Peter decided to take the animal back indoors, but as he went towards It there was a huge flash.

Next moment to his wife's horror, Peter had vanished.

The police were called, Mary Williamson was put under sedation, and their children were sent to stay with friends. Despite a massive search there was no sign of the missing man.

It was argued that a lightning strike had disoriented the guests, caused them to miss what had happened. Peter must have suffered traumatic amnesia after being struck, and wandered off in the confusion.

Then, at 8am three days later, Peter was found unconscious in a shrubbery In a locked garden nearby, with one foot in a pond. It was as if he had arrived there out of nowhere.

There was no sign of how he had got in the gardener who found him had the only key. Peter spent several days In hospital suffering from shock, and had no recall of what had taken place.

Then Peter began to experience increasingly lucid dreams. He saw himself standing in an unfamiliar garden, soaking wet, and wandering along roads, dazed and confused.

In his dream, he was found and eventually taken to a hospital. Here he spent some time undergoing tests. He was able to recall the names of a doctor, a sister, various nurses, and the ward where he was cared for.

He also remembered how the hospital would 'shimmer' around him in a sort of haze, and furniture would appear in places where none had previously stood. Then the ward would return to normal.

As Peter's condition improved in this dream hospital, he was allowed out for a walk around the grounds. Going down a lane outside, Peter began to get a sense of familiarity. Then there was no further recall until he awoke by the pond.

The hospital Peter described was traced it was a cottage infirmary nearby. It had a ward, a doctor and a sister with the names Peter had reported. The doctor did not recognise Peter and the hospital records showed that he had never stayed there. It was suggested that he must have invented his dream from fragments of information lurking in his subconscious (perhaps a conversation once heard about the hospital).

But is that the real explanation? Or during this electrical storm, did Peter shift into a parallel reality? 'What if many Peters In many similar realities disappeared that night and the one that returned to 'our' reality was not the Peter who left?

Maybe in some other reality there is a man who returned to his family but seemed somehow slightly different.

The world is full of stories about people who suddenly disappear, never to be seen again, or of strangers who arrive from nowhere without the ability to explain who they are or where they come from. ...
SOURCE: https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg60495.html

Last edited:
The Randles book in question was Time Storms. This archived 2001 email discussion posting contains an excerpt from the book including a description of the Williamson incident. At face value, this represents the entirety of Randles' account of the Williamson case.

Here's the relevant portion of the excerpt ...

SOURCE: https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg60495.html
I suppose I should have checked Time Storms even though this doesn't seem like a time slip case! Jenny has a slightly similar case in that book which I will briefly summarise:

Calder Valley, 15 July 1995. Four people having a barbecue felt a change of atmosphere, as though a storm was coming. But then they started seeing some very odd things: distortions in the flow of time, objects moving from place to place, and the Oz factor. A dark grey mass approached and a fog enveloped the garden. They also recall a beam of light. But it was suddenly dark, as if several hours had passed in an instant. They managed to get indoors but two women fell asleep on the floor, one man was violently ill, and one of the women woke up very nauseous. Over following days all felt tired with muscle pains and tingling, and two had a red rash. One of the witnesses later said "It was like a video tape cut up and stuck together out of order."

This reminds me of the time slip cases at Rougham and Bury St Edmunds. Some of the witnesses reacted badly to the energies there (that I speculated were torsion waves) -- Chris Jensen Romer saw himself as a schoolboy near the Cathedral and felt violently ill afterwards: he and his friend were standing opposite the Norman Gate, believed to be on the route of the Michael Line. Several were similarly affected near the Grove. (Chris was the only person I know who seems to have had three time slip experiences!)

I suppose I should have checked Time Storms even though this doesn't seem like a time slip case! Jenny has a slightly similar case in that book which I will briefly summarise:

Calder Valley, 15 July 1995. Four people having a barbecue felt a change of atmosphere, as though a storm was coming. But then they started seeing some very odd things: distortions in the flow of time, objects moving from place to place, and the Oz factor. A dark grey mass approached and a fog enveloped the garden. They also recall a beam of light. But it was suddenly dark, as if several hours had passed in an instant. They managed to get indoors but two women fell asleep on the floor, one man was violently ill, and one of the women woke up very nauseous. Over following days all felt tired with muscle pains and tingling, and two had a red rash. One of the witnesses later said "It was like a video tape cut up and stuck together out of order."

This reminds me of the time slip cases at Rougham and Bury St Edmunds. Some of the witnesses reacted badly to the energies there (that I speculated were torsion waves) -- Chris Jensen Romer saw himself as a schoolboy near the Cathedral and felt violently ill afterwards: he and his friend were standing opposite the Norman Gate, believed to be on the route of the Michael Line. Several were similarly affected near the Grove. (Chris was the only person I know who seems to have had three time slip experiences!)
Just playing Devil's Advocate; My first thought was possible exposure to carbon monoxide from the bbq?

Just playing Devil's Advocate; My first thought was possible exposure to carbon monoxide from the bbq?
BBQs sound like something to avoid, then! Maybe I'm lucky, I've only been at one BBQ in my life.

Sounded to me like some kind of plasma storm or ionised air or something like that. I know that these things aren't traditionally in the frame for time slips, but, along with my theory about multiple universes, I also wonder about electricity in the atmosphere and what it can do to the human brain.

Ah but they might not be. Maybe they are bemoaning that they are not living yours!
I once said to a collegue 'what the hell must I have done in a past life to deserve all this?' She replied 'maybe this life is your reward!'
:)
How lucky we are, not to be living through wars (I know, some people are, it's terrible for them!), rationing, poverty and the like.

Sounded to me like some kind of plasma storm or ionised air or something like that. I know that these things aren't traditionally in the frame for time slips, but, along with my theory about multiple universes, I also wonder about electricity in the atmosphere and what it can do to the human brain.
That's exactly what I think, and Nikola Tesla was working with the power of electricity.

That's exactly what I think, and Nikola Tesla was working with the power of electricity.
Yes, I think there's a lot of electricity, standing fields, plasma storms and suchlike that we don't know yet, and their effects on the human brain. So many stories seem to feature 'grey clouds' and 'ominous feelings' - both common before thunderstorms. I think Jenny Randles also has the same theory about plasma in the atmosphere.

Yes, I think there's a lot of electricity, standing fields, plasma storms and suchlike that we don't know yet, and their effects on the human brain. So many stories seem to feature 'grey clouds' and 'ominous feelings' - both common before thunderstorms. I think Jenny Randles also has the same theory about plasma in the atmosphere.
Yes, Jenny Randles did have that theory - and how I miss her books, each one is like a treasure!
I'm still trying to find my copy of her 'Time Storms', excellent book, well-researched and beautifully written.

Yes, Jenny Randles did have that theory - and how I miss her books, each one is like a treasure!
I'm still trying to find my copy of her 'Time Storms', excellent book, well-researched and beautifully written.
It is a great pity that this book is receding from memory as there are new cases every year that have direct relevance to Jenny's case studies, research and theories. Time Storms deserves a reprint.

So, what is a torsion wave in this context? Did a brief search, but I just keep coming up with slinky examples.
Basically, torsion (generated by the movements of the earth and the sun) is a controversial topic. The Russians have used it to explain dowsing (biolocation, in their terminology), which is offically recognised there and used routinely in geological surveys. When the retired Astronomer Royal for Scotland, Vincent Reddish, saw it in action he became fascinated by it and embarked on a long and systematic study of what he termed "the D Force." After the publication of a book of the same name he was contacted by the MoD and told about the Russian studies, which they asked him to investigate. Cutting a long story very short he confirmed the Russian findings, also showed that variations in the D Force varied with the positions of the earth relative to the sun, and showed that torsion could be used for transmitting Morse code, albeit very slowly. When I was studying time slip cases in Rougham I found that the local historian had linked them with a force that could be detected by dowsers, and he also told me of two energy lines known to be in the general area (Bury St Edmunds), the Michael and Mary lines. The Michael line I found passed through several locations where time slips had been reported, so my hypothesis is that there is some connection, heven knows what, between time slips and torsion.

I have a little experience with electricity fogging the brain. In my old family house we had few electrical outlets in a room that had a TV and stereo in it. To remedy this, we cut a notch in the corner of a door to an adjoining room, and passed an extension cord through. One day I closed the door and heard a loud pop, after which I felt quite strange. The next few minutes I remember only as wandering between the rooms almost zombie-like. When my head cleared I saw some darkening in the corner of the door and realized the extension cord had been pinched by the door hinge, shorting out the circuit and almost immediately blowing a breaker. I'm convinced the power surge clouded my higher brain functions temporarily.

I'm astonished that "Time Storms" is going for so much. I ordered my hardcover copy on Amazon for around $15 at the end of 2019. It's a damned shame it's gone up so much since then. The same thing happened with Hallowell's "Invizikids". Last I checked, *if* you could find it, copies were $1,000.

Two great books that belong in any Fortean's library.

I wonder if Anomalist Books will reprint either of them at some point like they did with Sanderson's "Things and More Things"....

Back