• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Due to another possible lockdown, the supermarket had been stripped clean of most items - but the pasta aisle was fully stocked! To my delight, I filled my trolly with a variety of pastas and sauces, laughing at the fools who had left all the delightful food for me to buy...

Last edited:
So, I am totally unattracted to electric cars, having driven one and hated it, so imagine my surprise when last night I dreamt that I had bought (only yesterday mind) a bright red Tesla car, and for only £1000! I brought it home and parked it over the road, in front of some houses (which are totally different to the houses that are actually there).
And I was dead chuffed about it too.
So chuffed that I was keen to show the car to my father the next day (that's my father who died in 2017).
So we went outside and ....dang....it had been stolen!

Don't you hate it when you buy a car you don't want and your dead father doesn't get to see it because someone nicked it?

Not last night but during one of the many nights I had in isolation last week I dreamt that I was fighting medical people trying to remove my teeth when it was supposed to be my knee.

Exactly that - and steer clear of news websites too. Personally, I have vastly reduced my intake of Ukraine news, not because I don't care, just the opposite...
I notice this with the feed on MSN, with which (justnow) my browser automatically opens. It comes up with a digest of news stories from around Britain, and every second one appears to be about unprovoked violence, street fights, thugs beating people up, robberies, rapes, murders, but generally low-level thuggishness form around Britain. I have to take a deep breath and remind myself this sort of behaviour has probably not increased. It only looks as if it has because the opening screen on MSN is choosing to actively select for this.

As for the Ukraine business, which appears to have subsided into a bloody grinding stalemate, "fog of war" applies and you have to remind yourself that we are not being told everything and the various reports are all coming from news providers with their own agendas - do not believe everything you are being told. (Not so much because of bias but simply because it's a war - accurate, completely accurate, information is not something to expect.)

As for the Ukraine business, which appears to have subsided into a bloody grinding stalemate, "fog of war" applies and you have to remind yourself that we are not being told everything and the various reports are all coming from news providers with their own agendas - do not believe everything you are being told. (Not so much because of bias but simply because it's a war - accurate, completely accurate, information is not something to expect.)
Living with so many people from the area surrounding the Ukraine here, the news that they are reporting is not what we hear in the media.
The media has its own agenda.

Not last night but during one of the many nights I had in isolation last week I dreamt that I was fighting medical people trying to remove my teeth when it was supposed to be my knee.
"The first casualty of war is 'the tooth'."

Had some weirdly cinematic dreams as of late...like proper movies and my eyes were the camera but occasionally I'd play a character for a brief moment.

Last night/this morning, I had something happen at the tail-end of a dream....

In the dream, I woke up. My vision was a little blurry, but I could see what looked like mammatus clouds. I decided I wanted a better look, so went into the living room to look out my picture window. Something black and "scary" caught my eye, but I was focused on the clouds.

When I went to look at the black thing, it was...a gigantic, humanoid cat with jet-black fur and my head just screamed, "EVIL". It was maybe 6 feet tall, but its shoulders were at least that far apart, too. It was throwing something in a dumpster and it saw me noticing it. It raced to attack me.

My apartment was on the second floor and the thing howled, then launched itself at the side of the building and managed to get its head to almost the height of my window before it lost its grip and slid back down. I knew it was going to keep trying to get me.

I remember thinking that I was seeing something Fortean and should get my camera, but I just stood there, terrified. It's rare that this happens as an adult, but as a kid I would often get nightmares where I'd see something scary and try to get an adult to look but I'd lose my voice. Well, for the first time in years, I lost my voice in my dream again. As scared as I was, I was trying to yell at it to "Come get me!", "Just do it!", etc. All that came out was a raspy non-utterance.

Then I woke up.

I had one of those incredibly long and detailed dreams last night, involving the family whose house and garden backs onto mine.
(IRL they bought the house and moved in there in about February this year and they have been carrying out a lot of work to modernise it etc which has meant a constant stream of various deliveries of building materials etc, but not too much disturbance and they're nice people.)

Anyways, in my dream they are having a load of work carried out by the 'do-as-you-likeys' who are leaving piles of building materials on the verges, and parking all over the place (at one point I found my fence panels had been removed and they had parked their vehicles in my back garden).
Then I find that (for some reason) I have engaged these very same cowboys to work in my house, and they have made a right horlicks of things, but when I remonstrate with them they get aggressive!

I dreamt I was in a cave and there was a rockfall and I thought, dammit if I get out of here, I'm going to have nightmares about this...metadreaming?

Rather odd, I realised someone was getting me to perform a ritual when I found a sort of figurine, they tried to persuade me to complete the rite but I woke up.

An unpleasant snippet remembered: A medic wanted to take a blood sample from me. To do so, he used a lancet to open a vein in the flexor surface of my right forearm. I saw - and felt - my warm blood splashing my face.

Euw!

maximus otter

I was in the early stage of a post=apocalyptic situation. Power out, likely permanently, people were starting to break up into smaller groups but still co-operating.

Another horrible one- I was being 'interviewed' to join the Khmer Rouge. The interviewer did some high martial arts type kicks, just missing my face and then said he'd be back to finish the interview in a while. I knew that I was going to be caught out when he came back and asked me further questions and that I would end end up being tortured.

An unpleasant snippet remembered: A medic wanted to take a blood sample from me. To do so, he used a lancet to open a vein in the flexor surface of my right forearm. I saw - and felt - my warm blood splashing my face.

Euw!

maximus otter
You are very wary by nature, and seldom allow your feelings to show.

Another horrible one- I was being 'interviewed' to join the Khmer Rouge. The interviewer did some high martial arts type kicks, just missing my face and then said he'd be back to finish the interview in a while. I knew that I was going to be caught out when he came back and asked me further questions and that I would end end up being tortured.
Something in your life is bothering you, and you feel it will end up being a battle that will be hard to win.

Just read that they're building on yet more fields here. A small market town, and soon we're going to have to get in the car and drive to 'go for a walk'.
I remember my parents both saying that there were a few things that hit them upon moving to the US -
One was the lack of cleanliness, trash and debris in the streets, etc.
The other was the violence.

I remember my parents both saying that there were a few things that hit them upon moving to the US -
But when was that though?

It's unlikey that you'll be attacked/mugged where I live (unless you've been a dick, in which case someone will probably shut you down) but even smallish towns now, can in some cases, be not very pleasant places.

But when was that though?

It's unlikey that you'll be attacked/mugged where I live (unless you've been a dick, in which case someone will probably shut you down) but even smallish towns now, can in some cases, be not very pleasant places.
It's only gotten worse with time, a police officer in town says there are now shootings here, the dangerous gangs have moved in, the drug dealers are all around us, continual heroin overdoses, robberies and car break-ins, but not reported in the media.
Two banks in our immediate area have closed up after a robbery 2 blocks from us where a man was seriously injured with a hammer.
I realize that there are many areas that are still country and safe, and I'll say no more.

Was it only like that after they had moved there though?

Back