• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Do you think Uri Geller is......

• Absolutely genuine

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • An entertainer with no special powers

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Conman

Votes: 32 45.7%

• Total voters
I did it. Best $1 I've spent this evening.

uricertificatebig.jpg

I thought Lamb Island was the place Laaaaarry the Lamb bought and then retired to (with his best bud Dennis the Dachshund) after making his billions. Did Uri buy it off him?

Last edited:
I thought Lamb Island was the place Laaaaarry the Lamb bought and then retired to (with his best bud Dennis the Dachshund) after making his billions. Did Uri buy it off him?

It’s 100 yards by 50 yards, and in the Firth of Forth. Scarcely an exotic micronation.

Also, Geller spent two years getting rid of its single rat. Hardly seems to qualify as “existing in peace and harmony with all species which dwell there”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_(island)

maximus otter

It’s 100 yards by 50 yards, and in the Firth of Forth. Scarcely an exotic micronation.

Also, Geller spent two years getting rid of its single rat. Hardly seems to qualify as “existing in peace and harmony with all species which dwell there”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_(island)

maximus otter
35 visits with canoes and infra-red cameras, a single invasive rat was removed from the island in 2022.
Why were Shropshire council involved?

Rats do a lot of damage to seabirds and if one rat could get there, another could too and before you know it, there are thousands of them. Getting rid of it was the only responsible thing to do.:clap:

Because I don't want rats on my new Homeland should I come to visit.
I've just had a brilliant idea- I take it there's no internet connection on the island, so how about forcing letting Trev live there as a custodian? Shall we say ten years on, one week off? Sounds very fair to me.

Rats do a lot of damage to seabirds and if one rat could get there, another could too and before you know it, there are thousands of them. Getting rid of it was the only responsible thing to do.:clap:
Tell me about it. They're back in my garden AGAIN. I'm surprised the surrounding area hasn't started to sink considering all the soil they've dug out over the years.

Rats are excellent swimmers - they can swim for 3 days, swim underwater & can hold their breath for 3 minutes.
So this rat decided to emigrate to Lamb Island by swimming there......

I hope the rat had a waterproof suitcase.

Two years ago, Shug McTavish, proprietor of “McTavish’s Pest Control, Canoe Rental and IR Surveillance Equipment, Ltd.” visited the island with his pet rat, Geoff…

maximus otter
I do like to see a diversified portfolio.

35 visits with canoes and infra-red cameras, a single invasive rat was removed from the island in 2022.
Why were Shropshire council involved?
If it was just one rat, why didn't they just wait. After a few years at most it'd be dead.

Back