• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

I got my copy of Time Storms off e-bay way back in the early 2000s, don't remember the price but it would have been the cheapest I could find ... little more that a £ or so as it was probably still in print in any case.

@Carl Grove was anyone able to identify a possible building for the well-known Rougham 'mirage' of a Georgian mansion?

I've seen a couple of references to it possibly being a house known as "Kingshall". I can't find many references to an estate of this name, though it was clearly a real place name in Rougham parish, with the best I can do being that there was a house called Kingshall belonging to a family called Tillot up until the early 17th century - a long time before the Georgian period though. Did anyone find a possible candidate for the house? It would be interesting to compare descriptions against reference images of houses in the wider area.

@Carl Grove was anyone able to identify a possible building for the well-known Rougham 'mirage' of a Georgian mansion?

I've seen a couple of references to it possibly being a house known as "Kingshall". I can't find many references to an estate of this name, though it was clearly a real place name in Rougham parish, with the best I can do being that there was a house called Kingshall belonging to a family called Tillot up until the early 17th century - a long time before the Georgian period though. Did anyone find a possible candidate for the house? It would be interesting to compare descriptions against reference images of houses in the wider area.

You could try searching the National Heritage List for England, “…the only official, up to date, register of all nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England - listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields.":

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/

maximus otter

Last edited:
I have a little experience with electricity fogging the brain. In my old family house we had few electrical outlets in a room that had a TV and stereo in it. To remedy this, we cut a notch in the corner of a door to an adjoining room, and passed an extension cord through. One day I closed the door and heard a loud pop, after which I felt quite strange. The next few minutes I remember only as wandering between the rooms almost zombie-like. When my head cleared I saw some darkening in the corner of the door and realized the extension cord had been pinched by the door hinge, shorting out the circuit and almost immediately blowing a breaker. I'm convinced the power surge clouded my higher brain functions temporarily.
I also wonder if some people are just more sensitive to electricity than others. I HATE static shocks - they seem to cause me more than just physical pain (although quite a lot of that may just be surprise and ordinary shock), and the few times I have 'interacted' with electric fencing it's made me feel - unwell? Confused? Difficult to describe, but definitely more than just 'ow, that hurt'. Although, again, that could be down to the surprise and shock of getting kicked in the arm and shoulder by something one thought benign.

But it does make me think...

and the few times I have 'interacted' with electric fencing it's made me feel - unwell? Confused? Difficult to describe, but definitely more than just 'ow, that hurt'. Although, again, that could be down to the surprise and shock of getting kicked in the arm and shoulder by something one thought benign.

Our dog touched an electric fence a couple of years ago- I heard her shout ''what the hell?'... and she was gone. Found her at the bottom of the track waiting for me.

I've had quite a few electric shocks over the years- one right in the, er balls, and I can't say I ever had any revelations or strange experiences. It may however explain a lot of things about me......

Our dog touched an electric fence a couple of years ago- I heard her shout ''what the hell?'... and she was gone. Found her at the bottom of the track waiting for me.

I've had quite a few electric shocks over the years- one right in the, er balls, and I can't say I ever had any revelations or strange experiences. It may however explain a lot of things about me......
I think body size has a lot to do with it - sheep fencing has to give a jolt severe enough to make a sheep think twice about touching it, which means that something smaller than a sheep, like a dog, is going to get one hell of a kick.

I'm a fairly small-framed human, which might be why I react more severely. My big old dog, who probably weighed more than half of my weight, used to shout like he was being murdered if he touched an electric fence, and my little terrier cries most piteously if she gets so much as a sting from one.

I also wonder if some people are just more sensitive to electricity than others. I HATE static shocks - they seem to cause me more than just physical pain (although quite a lot of that may just be surprise and ordinary shock), and the few times I have 'interacted' with electric fencing it's made me feel - unwell? Confused? Difficult to describe, but definitely more than just 'ow, that hurt'. Although, again, that could be down to the surprise and shock of getting kicked in the arm and shoulder by something one thought benign.

Skin resistance varies a lot, so some people will get more of a belt from (say) a cattle fence than others. Slightly sweaty skin is surprisingly conductive. It sounds to me as if you have lowish skin resistance and are getting more of a shock than some might get.

(from wiki)

Macroshock: Current across intact skin and through the body. Current from arm to arm, or between an arm and a foot, is likely to traverse the heart, therefore it is much more dangerous than current between a leg and the ground. This type of shock by definition must pass into the body through the skin.

Microshock: Very small current source with a pathway directly connected to the heart tissue. The shock is required to be administered from inside the skin, directly to the heart i.e. a pacemaker lead, or a guide wire, conductive catheter etc. connected to a source of current. This is a largely theoretical hazard as modern devices used in these situations include protections against such currents.

I would opine that one could get a micro shock from a low voltage wire in the mouth and it really could kill you, if your body was well grounded on the far side of your heart...don't lick 9V batteries maybe...

If you must touch an electric fence, use your lower leg and keep it on the ground. Use the shin. Chances are any shock current will go straight to ground which might sting a bit, but it's not via your heart...and if you do get a shock the leg will tend to flex away from the wire.

Or don't touch it.

Static discharge can sting (I get this), but I suspect it's more to do with having dry skin and the right kinda clothes on (fleeces are terrible for this). If you have sweaty skin or it's humid, charge doesn't build up on the body, it leaks away. Antibiotics make me a walking Van der Graf generator :)

As you will know the Bury Records office did locate a reference to Kingshall but the problem was that it was identified only by the names of its adjoining fields. I sent a letter to Bury Free Press (which did get several good calls) but it seems nobody knows where the fields were located! In any case there are at least three different locations where mystery buildings have been seen around Rougham, one country cottage near Colville's Grove, one Georgian building on the other side of Kingshall Street, and the (presumably Georgian) building in Bradfield St George (just the roof was visible).

Your dog actually said that?

Your dog actually said that?
This is where it happened and the end of the line is where I found her waiting for me.

Actually this old lane, which is part of Bishop Bennet Way, is somewhere that I can almost 'see' the old horses and carts trundling along. It's not spooky (not in daytime anyway) but I do get a sense of something strange here.

Attachments

• elec.png
    elec.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
This is where it happened and the end of the line is where I found her waiting for me.

Actually this old lane, which is part of Bishop Bennet Way, is somewhere that I can almost 'see' the old horses and carts trundling along. It's not spooky (not in daytime anyway) but I do get a sense of something strange here.
I sometimes walk up over Wrelton Cliff, from the site of the old abbey at Sinnington. There's an old path that runs alongside the main road but through fields and all around there everything feels very old. Almost as though you are walking in the footsteps of the monks. It gives something of the same feeling as you are talking about, @Floyd1.

I am massively into time-slips and it is fantastic to uncover new experiences.

That said, I am always a little wary of any paranormal witnesses who won't provide their full names and whose accounts appear in the comments section of a compendium article that has essentially copied and pasted accounts from other sources (Steven Tucker and the Liverpool Echo).

Here is the author:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nell-Rose/e/B0086F3698?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

It is worth reading the whole comments section to this article. Liverpool now has a reputation for time-slips and unfortunately some people will invent experiences just to be a part of that.

I would be interested to know the thoughts of forum members such as @Carl Grove who have delved into this Liverpool phenomenon.

Last edited:
I am massively into time-slips and it is fantastic to uncover new experiences.

That said, I am always a little wary of any paranormal witnesses who won't provide their full names and whose accounts appear in the comments section of a compendium article that has essentially copied and pasted accounts from other sources (Steven Tucker and the Liverpool Echo).

Here is the author:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nell-Rose/e/B0086F3698?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

It is worth reading the whole comments section to this article. Liverpool now has a reputation for time-slips and unfortunately some people will invent experiences just to be a part of that.

I would be interested to know the thoughts of forum members such as @Carl Grove who have delved into this Liverpool phenomenon.
I am in no doubt that time slips are unusually common in the Liverpool area, but what has caused some scepticism is the work of a local writer and paranormalist, Tom Slemen. He published several very interesting cases in the local paper and then got offered a contract with a publisher that demanded 30 or so books on Liverpool phenomena, and many of the later cases that he produced read more like fiction than fact. Many refuse to take any of his cases seriously in consequence. I have adopted the policy of checking the names and details of the witnesses that he quotes (obviously can't do anything with those with anonymous witnesses), and found in general that the more plausible sounding cases quote the details of genuine people (I have a good genealogy research program) whereas the ones given in the more crazy cases prove not to be genuine. One important point is that while Slemen has presented well over 100 alleged cases, about a third of which do quote the stories of genuine persons, the local paranormal research group has published only five, although they claim to have more on record. Moreoever there are a lot of time slip cases (and other weird stuff) not connected with either source coming out of Liverpool, which does confirm that it is a significant location. One Forteana chap, a mapping expert, told me that there is a major and very complex faulting system about 1km below Bold Street, which fits in well with my own findings regarding strange energies correlated with time slips and other odd happenings. (Unfortunately, he has now dropped out of sight.) I am pretty sure that many phenomena do have some connection with underground factors (anyone watching the Skinwalker TV series will know they have found a similar pattern).

One Forteana chap, a mapping expert, told me that there is a major and very complex faulting system about 1km below Bold Street, which fits in well with my own findings regarding strange energies correlated with time slips and other odd happenings. (Unfortunately, he has now dropped out of sight.) I am pretty sure that many phenomena do have some connection with underground factors (anyone watching the Skinwalker TV series will know they have found a similar pattern).
What is a faulting system? Thanks.

What is a faulting system? Thanks.

When a layer of rock underground is subject to powerful forces (e.g. in an earthquake) it can fracture, and that is called a fault line. If there are several different layers and all of them fracture in various ways, that's the kind of thing under Bold Street.

When a layer of rock underground is subject to powerful forces (e.g. in an earthquake) it can fracture, and that is called a fault line. If there are several different layers and all of them fracture in various ways, that's the kind of thing under Bold Street.
Surely fault lines would affect the entire area rather than just one street, maybe?

I also admit this is a subject that fascinates me as well.

Surely fault lines would affect the entire area rather than just one street, maybe?

I also admit this is a subject that fascinates me as well.
Oh yes, there are time slips and other weird things all over Liverpool. This is a good one:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sue kindly sent me her fascinating stories of her time slip experiences.
I think you’ll enjoy reading about them…
I’ve had lots of spooky encounters since the age of 6 when my beloved Grandad passed away, I was the
apple of his eye, far too many to mention as it was 54 years ago.
I’ve had 2 time lapses, once at the age of 9 and 3 years ago in Ludlow, Shropshire.
When I was a child in Liverpool, my Dad would take me and my sis over the water to a seaside place called
Moreton, it was a long journey.
It was a glorious summer’s day and I sat alone on one side of the bus as they talked on the other side I leant
my head on the window daydreaming.
Then a flash of forked lightning hit the pavement, then it lashed it down and started thundering.
I saw a woman running with a weird pram with 2 seats either side and she put on these red capes to cover
the small children just then she looked up at me on the bus and I was shocked.
So looked over to my Dad and sis, it was so sunny on their side, I asked him if it had been thundering he told
me no and I told him what I had seen.
I married and lived on the Wirral, I had 2 children and my father-in-law gave me the money to get a double
buggy in 1980 from a well to do shop in Liverpool.
The assistant asked did I want the red capes to go with the buggy. It was a new Maclaren, only just came
out.
I went to a super market, as I passed a certain place a flash of forked lightning almost hit me I quickly
covered the kids in their capes and started running for home.
I then heard the swish of bus tyres in the torrential rain, I stopped and looked up, I didn’t know why but there
looking at me was me aged 9.
I couldn’t get home quick enough I rushed in and phoned Dad in Liverpool asking him can he recall the day
in 1963 he did.

If the above is true then that is remarkable. I never know what to make of these stories.

I'm sure I remember years ago reading on here of a similar case. I've searched for it but cannot find it so this is from memory.

A young man was walking down a street when he noticed someone on the other side of the street stop and stare at him and then run off. He thought the person who was middle aged looked very familiar in some way.

Years later he was walking up that same street when he found himself looking at someone much younger on the other side of the road who looked very familiar. He then realised he was looking at himself from years ago and remembered the incident from when he was younger.

Or something like that. I remembered it because it read so freakish.

If the above is true then that is remarkable. I never know what to make of these stories.

I'm sure I remember years ago reading on here of a similar case. I've searched for it but cannot find it so this is from memory.

A young man was walking down a street when he noticed someone on the other side of the street stop and stare at him and then run off. He thought the person who was middle aged looked very familiar in some way.

Years later he was walking up that same street when he found himself looking at someone much younger on the other side of the road who looked very familiar. He then realised he was looking at himself from years ago and remembered the incident from when he was younger.

Meeting or glimpsing your younger/older self or encountering the same person at different stages of their life is an extremely common time-slip theme.
There are many such accounts on this thread, including one with a photo!
Just search for "himself" on this thread.

A similar sort of experience featured on a 'Mysteries and Monsters' podcast (Rob Gandy, I think). A Dad used to tell his son how back in the rather austere post-war 1950s he was at a certain corner of a local road and he witnessed what looked like a futuristic 'spaceman' complete with black visor pass him on a suitably futuristic motorbike.

Fast forward a few decades and the boy is a now a man, approaching the same corner on his motorbike wearing star-of-the -art silver and black bike leathers and a helmet with a tinted visor. As he did so, he suddenly remembered what his dad had witnessed and realised it matched the description of what he was wearing....*

[*details from memory but the gist of it is correct, must find the episode]

Meeting or glimpsing your younger/older self or encountering the same person at different stages of their life is an extremely common time-slip theme.
I did just this but the search told me 'himself' was too short or too common...? Do you have a post number for the photo?

A friend always told a tale of how he was walking down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh and he saw himself. He was walking home and glanced across to the other side of the road. There was another man walking up who glanced across towards my friend. They both stopped and looked at each other. And it was the same person on both sides of the road. Same coat, same distinctive bag etc. They both looked at each other and then continued on their respective journeys. I a,ways expected to hear the story of how he was going up the Royal Mile and witnessed himself walking down. It never happened as he died, but not so soon that the sighting of himself was some premonition.

Back