• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

Liverpool's car free day has been branded a 'disaster' after heavy rain put people off cycling and 'confusing signage' and diversions lead to traffic jams.
The Labour-run city council closed a large part of The Strand to traffic yesterday morning as part of World Car Free Day, with the planned closure due to continue until 4pm with a range of activities set to take place on the road.

" 'Car free day' on the main road through the city. Sounds great on paper. Of course I want better air. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and the execution and unintended consequences are dire."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ay-ends-DISASTER-leads-traffic-jams-city.html
1663937322834.png

Liverpool's car free day has been branded a 'disaster' after heavy rain put people off cycling and 'confusing signage' and diversions lead to traffic jams.
The Labour-run city council closed a large part of The Strand to traffic yesterday morning as part of World Car Free Day, with the planned closure due to continue until 4pm with a range of activities set to take place on the road.

" 'Car free day' on the main road through the city. Sounds great on paper. Of course I want better air. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and the execution and unintended consequences are dire."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ay-ends-DISASTER-leads-traffic-jams-city.html
View attachment 59229
Just another political gimmick.
On Thursday it rained from about 2pm here and didn't stop for hours. And anyway, anyone who thinks the majority of people will/can give up their cars is dillusional, and should be removed from office asap, as it just won't happen.

View attachment 59229
Did she leave her car at home or is she not included in it as her job is essential? Gawd I don't know why no one tells people that their idea is stupid, that lil brain fart of hers probably caused more pollution and certainly pushed some nearer to a heart attack.
Just another political gimmick.
On Thursday it rained from about 2pm here and didn't stop for hours. And anyway, anyone who thinks the majority of people will/can give up their cars is dillusional, and should be removed from office asap, as it just won't happen.
And taken round the back and shot, cause sure as hell they won't give up their own cars, cause they are more important than we are, bout time they looked at all these useless people and got rid of them, they are a waste of time and money.

Did she leave her car at home or is she not included in it as her job is essential? Gawd I don't know why no one tells people that their idea is stupid, that lil brain fart of hers probably caused more pollution and certainly pushed some nearer to a heart attack.

And taken round the back and shot, cause sure as hell they won't give up their own cars, cause they are more important than we are, bout time they looked at all these useless people and got rid of them, they are a waste of time and money.
Come the revolution @Shady :)

Steady on Shades, we're not savages.

'Heads on spikes' lining London bridge- far more civilised.

I also had Covid twice in two months. So at least I have one thing in common with the CEO of a huge company, for the first time ever.
I'd had my first set of vaccine shots and booster. Three weeks later I got covid.
Thing is, a vaccine doesn't make you immune. It reduces the chances of getting it and, if you get it, the effects are reduced. Considering how I felt - and still feel the after-effects to this day - I'm glad I'd been vaccinated!

I'd had my first set of vaccine shots and booster. Three weeks later I got covid.
Thing is, a vaccine doesn't make you immune. It reduces the chances of getting it and, if you get it, the effects are reduced. Considering how I felt - and still feel the after-effects to this day - I'm glad I'd been vaccinated!
I'd got all the way through the entire thing working in a public facing job every day. Didn't get The Covid until May. I was extremely peeved (and also not ill at all). Then I got it again in July, when I was a little bit tired. Apart from that, fine. Mostly annoyed that I'd managed to not catch it until all the fuss was over, so I couldn't justify wallowing in bed for a week whilst the family brought me supplies and rang me daily. Bugger.

Thing is, a vaccine doesn't make you immune. It reduces the chances of getting it and, if you get it, the effects are reduced.
This is a common misconception, put about by the manufacturers and supporters of the various mRNA treatments being given to people.

The very definition of a vaccine (below) is that it does give you immunity, through exposure to a form of whatever you are being vaccinated against, priming your immune systems so that it can identify an invading virus before it starts to multiply and cause the symptoms associated with its infection.
If you think you have been vaccinated against something, and then catch that something and display actual symptoms, then you have not been vaccinated against it.

It's a pain in the arse to rake over old muck and explain once again in yet another place how people have been deceived into believing that these treatments are vaccines. The only reason people believe they are vaccines is because they keep getting told they are vaccines when they are not, and even the definition of 'vaccine' was changed by the W.H.O. in their promotions/documentation so that it could be used to help convince people they were being vaccinated.

mRNA = In molecular biology, messenger ribonucleic acid is a single-stranded molecule of RNA that corresponds to the genetic sequence of a gene, and is read by a ribosome in the process of synthesizing a protein.
In other words, what you are being injected with is not a vaccine but a 'gene therapy'.

AFAIK only one of the treatments being given for C19 is an actual vaccine, which is the Johnson & Johnson version.
"Instead of using mRNA, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a disabled adenovirus to deliver the instructions. This adenovirus is in no way related to the coronavirus. It is a completely different virus"
link to info
1664184051592.png

FYI - if you quote something that you didn't intend to, or forget why you quoted it, you can just 'backspace' over the text until it is all gone and the quote box will also vanish.

FYI - if you quote something that you didn't intend to, or forget why you quoted it, you can just 'backspace' over the text until it is all gone and the quote box will also vanish.
I KEEP doing that, it's most annoying. Even Reddit, which is the most un-userfriendly site I've ever met, has a 'cancel' button so you can start again.

A former co-worker had a relative who had spent his career as a white hunter/safari leader in Africa. As he aged and retired, the relative developed dementia. He spent his latter years living in fear, because he was convinced there were animals after him.

In addition to his situation being ironic, I find it poignant-- almost poetic.

This motorcyclist / activist got what he wanted, as well as the associated consequences ...
Attorney who fought Florida helmet laws died in motorcycle crash while not wearing one

In the late 1990s, when Florida bikers were still required to wear helmets, Pinellas lawyer Ron Smith was an aggressive advocate for overturning the law.

Smith was a member of ABATE ... — which lobbied against the law for years. He represented clients who ran afoul of Florida’s motorcycle requirements in court cases that some say helped overturn Florida’s helmet law. ...

In 2000, Smith’s aspiration was realized when the Florida Legislature passed a law allowing motorcyclists over 21 to go without head protection as long as they had $10,000 in insurance coverage for motorcycle accident injuries. ...

In August, Smith and his girlfriend, Brenda Jeanan Volpe, were riding a motorcycle on U.S. 19 in Pinellas County. They were headed to a memorial service for another biker who had died of cancer.

Smith crashed the bike as he tried to slow for traffic ahead of him. Both he and Volpe were killed.

Neither was wearing a helmet. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.tampabay.com/news/flori...-died-motorcycle-crash-while-not-wearing-one/

Back