• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I think many people are simply unsuited to a vegan diet as there digestive system can't handle for a start (and that is even after three year or so of 'converting'). But I think another overlooked affect of veganism is that most convert after a childhood of eating dairy and eggs and often meat, too. So they already have built their bones and bodies and stored essential minerals etc. Thus it is only after a period of depletion that the symptoms show up. This makes it all the more concerning that much younger children might adopt these diets.
My friend Brian's wife is a Hindu, so he converted to Hinduism when they married. He also embraced their vegetarian diet.
However, when their kids were small, he made sure they ate some meat so their bones would form properly. Once old enough, they went on a vegetarian diet.
Their son was a bit weedy when he was a teenager, but now he looks like an MMA fighter. I have joked with Brian that his son secretly eats meat. :)

My Vegan friend has `Vegan` tattoed on his arm.

I dont know what the dog eats; its a sorry looking thing but I suspect that is breeding.

I quite like a sprout omelette.
Try slicing the sprouts thinly, sautéeing in a little butter or olive oil and then adding the omelette mixture.
Tasty and gives a pleasing green & yellow colour contrast to the omelette.

l’d rather beat my tongue wafer-thin with a meat tenderiser then staple it to my forehead, but thanks for asking.

maximus otter

I like broccoli and cauliflower. Just not in the 'boiled to death' 1940s-1970s way, served with a 'boiled to death' bland piece of meat.

I like broccoli and cauliflower. Just not in the 'boiled to death' 1940s-1970s way, served with a 'boiled to death' bland piece of meat.

Lightly cook them in a bamboo steamer and then serve with a cheesy gratin topping.

I carried on reading the rest of the thread from 3 years ago -eeh we had fun in the olden days.

Last edited:
''A woman was disgusted to find bright green caterpillars hiding in the broccoli...''

What is wrong with these people?
And not only did she contact the newspaper about it, instead of telling her to eff off, they actually thought it was worth printing the story?

Isn't that some sort of fraudulent misrepresention ? Should be a law against it.
Not really - they’re clearly labelled as vegetarian or even, gasp, vegan. Although they do describe them as vegan sausage rolls.

Anyone here tried one? Verdict?

Not really - they’re clearly labelled as vegetarian or even, gasp, vegan. Although they do describe them as vegan sausage rolls.

Anyone here tried one? Verdict?
Yep, I regularly have a Greggs vegan sausage roll after a bike ride, when I like a nice savoury snack, and they're absolutely fine and dandy.

And I'm not even veggie.

Last edited:
I was buying organic non homogenised milk. Apparently it's a crime against humanity.
You should have said "You know what? ..I don't even drink it either! .. I just pour it down the sink when I get home for fun .. just to piss off vegans!!!!." :)

You save just 25 calories and 4g of fat between the vegan and the normal sausage rolls.

Why bother?

maximus otter
I'm not even trying to pretend a cheap vegan sausage roll is healthy and, after a bike ride I'm not worried a jot about fat or calories, but I have been to a sausage factory that made cheap sausages (I was working on a video shoot), so I have a pretty good idea what goes into a cheap sausage!

Back