• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Surely it's the first rule of Skargy - you don't talk about Skargy....
I'm sure I can tempt @escargot back with a Feast For The Senses....

chuucel-hannibal.gif

I am sitting here trying to write something but the words aren't coming in the way that I wanted them to and my backspace key is now worn out as a result.

Suffice to say, I am concerned that some of you are concerned about me (I honestly did not expect to be missed) so I wanted to reassure you that I am fine (well as fine as a zebra ever can be), Mr Zebra is fine, ZebraPup1 is fine, ZebraPup2 is fine and ZebraPup3 is fine.

The last couple of years have been stressful and this forum or at least parts of it was one of the things, sadly, that was stressing me out so I felt my best option was to leave it for a while. I did not intend to make anyone worry.

I am not sure if/when I may start posting on here again, I will definitely steer clear of the covid-related thread (a quick check of that has confirmed that it would still stress me) so I think I will just see how things go. Perhaps dip a hoof into the shallows so to speak.

But at least you will not be worried. Thank you for your concerns. I hope you are all doing well also.

I am sitting here trying to write something but the words aren't coming in the way that I wanted them to and my backspace key is now worn out as a result.

Suffice to say, I am concerned that some of you are concerned about me (I honestly did not expect to be missed) so I wanted to reassure you that I am fine (well as fine as a zebra ever can be), Mr Zebra is fine, ZebraPup1 is fine, ZebraPup2 is fine and ZebraPup3 is fine.

The last couple of years have been stressful and this forum or at least parts of it was one of the things, sadly, that was stressing me out so I felt my best option was to leave it for a while. I did not intend to make anyone worry.

I am not sure if/when I may start posting on here again, I will definitely steer clear of the covid-related thread (a quick check of that has confirmed that it would still stress me) so I think I will just see how things go. Perhaps dip a hoof into the shallows so to speak.

But at least you will not be worried. Thank you for your concerns. I hope you are all doing well also.

A pleasant surprise.

Given the extended Helltasmagoria of the past couple of years, we--some of us--did wonder whether something hideous had befallen you or one of your striped brood.

I'm glad it hasn't.

Hi SZ - I don't know you but have a common feeling with the stressful past couple of years. I look for the discussions here which make me laugh outloud. Try Weird Weather. Or Disappearing Teaspoons. Or...

It's just nice to 'see' you to be honest, and also glad to hear nothing too major is up :) (although also appreciate your reasons for staying away).

Good to hear from you again. Post whenever you feel up to it.

Stay safe and well, and know that there are many people who care about you (even if, like me, they mostly lurk).

Great to have you back! (Even if you only lurk in the nicer parts of the forum). Let's eat cake and party!
727fe60645d6b15dba68bbc7a24f7360.jpg
1625863954-party.gif

I thought you'd just nipped out down to the off-licence.

Whatever you do, avoid the 'vegan and vegetarian' thread. (And you thought politics was a dangerous topic.....)

Awesome, so glad you are all well. :cheer:

This place is like a Psychiatric Clinic Outpatients waiting room.

"mine" is generally ok, insofar as it can be. They display user artwork which is pretty cool and some of it's for sale.

I'm not sure that the beautiful wire maquette of an acrobat mid flight was entirely helpful however. It was displayed hanging from a noose of ribbon around its neck!

"mine" is generally ok, insofar as it can be. They display user artwork which is pretty cool and some of it's for sale.

I'm not sure that the beautiful wire maquette of an acrobat mid flight was entirely helpful however. It was displayed hanging from a noose of ribbon around its neck!

For about 20 years I was continuously attending outpatient clinics, not since late 2019. Before that I had a couple of periods there. Some rum characters attended, one woman blessing us all with holy water, a guy walking up & down muttering Y2K back in 1999. Some artwork, drawings on display. conditions improved after a new consultant took over in 2001. I saw a few consultants off over the years in various clinics.

@Schrodinger's Zebra what a lovley surprise to see your name come up!! I'm so pleased all is well with you! :)

I had been a bit concerned but I'd assumed it was a partiular thread that had annoyed you and you needed to walk away for a bit. I did get a tad concerned when you didn't come back after a while and hoped all was well with you and yours. Delighted you are OK and if you feel like it will be pleased to see you posting again. xxxxx

Glad to see you are alive and well and hadn't run off to join a circus and been abducted by aliens who flew their flying saucer into the Bermuda Triangle.

Back