• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

I think Rugby Union and Rugby League should merge to become 1 again and also if NFL and Cfl should be one....had on we not talking about sports etc

Sorry but I've added to the 'Nick Pope' thread with a post that, along with others in the thread, should really be in the thread;
The Calvine UFO Sighting (Scotland; August 1990).

Soz............
Problem is, is that what we are seeing there, (if the photograph was an actual real one) is a picture displayed on our PC (or device), which is displayed on a website for a newspaper, which is a digitised/scanned version of the 'original'.
Now let's also add in the possibility that the 'original' was some sort of faked item, possibly a creation made of a different image actually cut out and pasted onto a picture of a single jet flying past, and then photographed again, etc.

What we have is many opportunities for deception, image manipulation, aberrations and inconsistencies within the transfer of images from one source to another etc etc etc.

I would remain unconvinced until supporting evidence of original negatives could be examined. And even then, those negatives could have been produced by some trickster.

May I humbly suggest a dedicated "Rings of Power" thread and migrate the posts from the general Tolkien thread.

Or have we already got one and I'm too stupid to find it?

May I humbly suggest a dedicated "Rings of Power" thread and migrate the posts from the general Tolkien thread.
Or have we already got one and I'm too stupid to find it?

Good idea, and yes - we already had a separate thread about the Rings of Power series ...

Posts relating to the Amazon Rings of Power production and series have been moved to the existing thread on that subject:

LOTR: The Rings Of Power Series
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/lotr-the-rings-of-power-series.69175/

I think Rugby Union and Rugby League should merge to become 1 again and also if NFL and Cfl should be one....had on we not talking about sports etc

Absolutely!

I've been watching the England v France rugby league tonight and, whilst the athleticism and power of the tackles is undeniably impressive, the fragmentary stop-start nature of the game just seems so inferior to rugby union.
Run into a wall 5 times and then kick the ball, no rucks or mauls, not forgetting to shag the ground whenever you're tackled, plus those idiotic, pointless scrums, just feels like artificially introduced modifications that have removed most of the elegance and fun from the sport.
I agree with the league scoring of just 2 points for a penalty and 1 for a drop goal, but much prefer the overall game-play of rugby union.
Hope the two codes will be re-merged some time.

When trying to find a place to post about the military flights that go over here with increasing regularity, I discovered that there are many threads (under search terms 'flying' or 'aircraft') that individually mention 'identified' aircraft (i.e. not UFOs) of various sorts that generally go no further than one or two additional posts.
Might these be best consolidated into the "Things that are NOT UFOs" thread?

When trying to find a place to post about the military flights that go over here with increasing regularity, I discovered that there are many threads (under search terms 'flying' or 'aircraft') that individually mention 'identified' aircraft (i.e. not UFOs) of various sorts that generally go no further than one or two additional posts.
Might these be best consolidated into the "Things that are NOT UFOs" thread?

There's no single answer, but the range of answers is "No" to "Maybe / Depending."

Some such threads / posts are admittedly addressing known terrestrial aircraft. They have nothing to do with reported UFO sightings, finding explanations for alleged UFOs, or providing illustrations of sky-borne oddities that someone might call a UFO. These are the themes for the "NOT UFOs" thread.

To the extent any such threads pertain to explaining possible UFO sightings they might be justifiably located or moved to the Ufology section. This would have to be decided on a case-by-case basis.

(...) reported UFO sightings, finding explanations for alleged UFOs, or providing illustrations of sky-borne oddities that someone might call a UFO. These are the themes for the "NOT UFOs" thread.
To be fair, I'm quite familiar with the themes in the "Things that are NOT ufos" thread.
I created it.

'Alien visitation evidence' seems to be semi-merging with 'Flashes of light outside my window'. I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

'Alien visitation evidence' seems to be semi-merging with 'Flashes of light outside my window'. I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

Yes, there's a lot of redundancy between the two threads.

One is a first-person account posted as a follow-on / related narrative in an existing thread (and addressing that thread's OP about similarities between the two incidents).

The other is a new, independent thread concerning the later story (without addressing similarities with the earlier-reported IHTM incident.

Threads merged into:

Surviving Hominids, Implications Of Discovery
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/surviving-hominids-implications-of-discovery.69344/

Your marbles are in the Lost and Found bin at the Troll's Head.

Strandbeests are wind-powered kinetic sculptures, not vehicles.

Could the "What did you dream of last night?" thread be moved from Chat to "Sleep, Dreams & Related Topics" in The Human Condition - it seems the logical place for it. Thanks.

Back