• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People You Thought Were Dead

I keep being convinced that Kenneth Cope is dead. I mean, I know he was in Randall and Hopkirk, deceased, but in real life. I thought he died back in the early 2000s, then I found he was alive, then I was convinced that he had died (I was rather sorry about that because I fancied him dreadfully in R&H). Now he's alive again. Apparently.
Or is he walking about in a white suit pretending to be alive?

I thought I heard Eugene Levy of American Pie fame had died a couple of years ago, but no, he's still around. Another mistaken identity probably.

I thought I heard Eugene Levy of American Pie fame had died a couple of years ago, but no, he's still around. Another mistaken identity probably.
Levy was in the popular sitcom Schitt's Creek until 2020, and looked pretty healthy throughout that.

I always get him mixed up with Judd Hirsch. Not that that helps you, because he's not dead either. Which is nice.
Hold on - Judd Hirsch is still alive? No joke, I thought he passed years ago.

EDIT: But how could I think so? I've seen him on The Goldbergs as recently as this year! And no, I'm not confusing him with George Segal.

I used to be so good at keeping track of who's alive and who's dead.

Last edited:

...And no, I'm not confusing him with George Segal.

Maybe Steven Seagal? He's looked dead for years now, not sure if he is or not!

Levy was in the popular sitcom Schitt's Creek until 2020, and looked pretty healthy throughout that.

EDIT: But how could I think so? I've seen him on The Goldbergs as recently as this year! And no, I'm not confusing him with George Segal.

I used to be so good at keeping track of who's alive and who's dead.
It's okay, I'll let you know when I'm dead....

images-313.jpeg

I thought Jerry Lee Lewis had died a while ago but he's still alive and his people confirm it

Jerry Lee Lewis still alive, despite reports of his death​

Rock and country legend Lewis, now 87, is still apparently alive and well in Memphis​

By
William Hughes

PublishedYesterday 10:17PM

Comments (13)

Alerts

Rock legend Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive, despite reports earlier today to the contrary, Entertainment Weekly reports. A representative for Lewis, who’s currently (still) 87, issued a statement today contradicting an earlier report from TMZ, which stated that he had died today. TMZ has issued an apology for the report.
https://www.avclub.com/jerry-lee-lewis-still-alive-despite-reports-of-his-dea-1849708053

Oooh Oooh.....
I'm going to google Graham Norton. :bthumbup:

Oooh Oooh.....
I'm going to google Graham Norton. :bthumbup:
To be fair, I quite like old Graham, although I haven't seen his show for a looong time. It always seemed to be Tom Cruise on every week at one stage.

I always hated Norton from the moment he replaced Wogan as the commentator on Eurovision in 2009.
It was another 7 years before Wogan carked it.
Norton could have waited, but oh no, he was virtually waiting by the coffin with the hammer and nails in his hand.

I thought Jerry Lee Lewis had died a while ago but he's still alive and his people confirm it

https://www.avclub.com/jerry-lee-lewis-still-alive-despite-reports-of-his-dea-1849708053

Blimey.
We should keep our gobs shut.
Notorious singer Jerry Lee Lewis dies aged 87
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63433999

That can't just be a macabre coincidence, surely? I would suspect that he fell seriously ill, but not yet dead, prompting the statement from his "people", and then he deteriorated further. Just my take, I am not claiming that as fact!

That can't just be a macabre coincidence, surely? I would suspect that he fell seriously ill, but not yet dead, prompting the statement from his "people", and then he deteriorated further. Just my take, I am not claiming that as fact!
I don't think he'd been in the best of health for a while and maybe someone jumped the gun.

Sir Cliff Richard isn't looking too well at 82.
Don't google him - it might send him to the pearly gates.
Hang on.....I just googled him to check his age!

He looks pretty good for 82.

For reasons I can't remember, I checked to see if Tommy Steele was still alive earlier this week. He was: aged 85 and still married to Ann his wife of 62 years. Haven't seen any updates since.

Back