• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Had a bit of a tiny strangeness at work the other night.

We're not allowed our phones on us behind the till. So mine is in my jacket pocket, and my jacket is on the floor, with my phone set to silent.

I was serving a customer quite late on, about eight o clock I think when I became CONVINCED that my youngest daughter had tried to message me. She's under quite a lot of stress at the moment, and I just had that feeling that she'd messaged me and it was bad news. In fact, I was so convinced that, whilst it was quiet, I actually took my phone out of my pocket and checked my messages. And she had, in fact, messaged.

It was a picture of an enormous spider that she'd seen in the garden.

So, a 50% telepathic hit rate, I think you'll agree.

From Twitter:
Verity Holloway @Verity_Holloway
They're demolishing a building on my street, and my 90-year-old neighbour is full of glee because "They don't know what's in the cellars".
Funny:chuckle: all the tweets she's gotten. I was wondering whether her alias is Geraldo, then close to the bottom of the tweets, someone mentions him lol.

We suspect that we have have a spirit of a young girl who haunts our store.

We rarely have instances of unexplained behaviour, however in the past few weeks, twice, we've found bobby pins on the floor either after cleaning at the end of the day or upon arriving in the mornings (I've mentioned this before in the haunted shops thread).

This week, our son was serving a customer at the counter and I was talking with another customer about 5 meters away when a small basketball (that had been sitting on its shelf for weeks) rolled off, bounced on the floor and hit the man at the counter.

So we roll up outside the supermarket, have you got a £coin says the boss, now I
am sure I put one in the center junk tray from the last trolly dash so we both looked
and I mean a good everything out look, no £ but a couple of 2p,s, bugger, I found it
very strange as we were both sure that's were I put it, and at least one of those token
things had disappeared from the same place.
Anyway I find a quid in my wallet and off we go, get back to the car load up get in
and straight away we both see the missing coin sat right on top of the stuff in the tray,
another of life's little mysteries

:dunno:

So we roll up outside the supermarket, have you got a £coin says the boss, now I
am sure I put one in the center junk tray from the last trolly dash so we both looked
and I mean a good everything out look, no £ but a couple of 2p,s, bugger, I found it
very strange as we were both sure that's were I put it, and at least one of those token
Anyway I find a quid in my wallet and off we go, get back to the car load up get in
and straight away we both see the missing coin sat right on top of the stuff in the tray,

An old lady was struggling to get her coin in the trolley a couple of weeks ago - mainly because she was trying to use a ten pence piece.

I always keep a quid for the trolley in my wallet.

1669441894444.png
These are on Ebay and from the UK. Very cheap, only $3 something. Bottle opener and trolley coin.

A friend rang today and said that yesterday her husband couldn't find his spare pair of glasses. They looked everywhere and he thought he would have to order another pair.
This morning when he went into the kitchen they were in their case sitting on the table.

and I just had that feeling that she'd messaged me and it was bad news.. . .

It was a picture of an enormous spider that she'd seen in the garden.

So, a 50% telepathic hit rate, I think you'll agree.
No, this is a phenomenal 110% telepathic hit rate.

A friend rang today and said that yesterday her husband couldn't find his spare pair of glasses. They looked everywhere and he thought he would have to order another pair.
This morning when he went into the kitchen they were in their case sitting on the table.
I’ve encountered this a lot over the years. You will search a drawer, cupboard, whatever, looking for something and it definitely isn’t there. Then ‘bam’ it mysteriously appears later in the very place you were looking. I think the phenomenon behind it is similar to the one which makes socks go missing in the wash, only they seem to never make a reappearance judging by all the odd socks in my drawer.

I have a clock in my lounge which is one of those 'school' types of clock. White plastic with black lettering and makes a very loud 'tick' sound.
I am absolutely convinced that the 'second' hand does not move until I look at the clock because often I will look at it and despite the 'tick' sound not ceasing, it appears that the 'second' hand does not shift for easily more than a second, almost as though TPTB have suddenly realised that I'm looking at the time and that the clocks hands need to be moving to keep up the pretence.

I have a clock in my lounge which is one of those 'school' types of clock. White plastic with black lettering and makes a very loud 'tick' sound.
I am absolutely convinced that the 'second' hand does not move until I look at the clock because often I will look at it and despite the 'tick' sound not ceasing, it appears that the 'second' hand does not shift for easily more than a second, almost as though TPTB have suddenly realised that I'm looking at the time and that the clocks hands need to be moving to keep up the pretence.
I get that too sometimes when I look at the second hand on a clock. Something to do with our current perception of time passing I suppose.

Like this?;

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-newly-found-facts.63609/page-54#post-2212292

I’ve encountered this a lot over the years. You will search a drawer, cupboard, whatever, looking for something and it definitely isn’t there. Then ‘bam’ it mysteriously appears later in the very place you were looking. I think the phenomenon behind it is similar to the one which makes socks go missing in the wash, only they seem to never make a reappearance judging by all the odd socks in my drawer.
I don’t believe it is anything paranormal, more a cognitive issue. I can be looking straight at something but don’t see it until Mrs T63 picks it up, shakes it at me, then walks away shaking her head and muttering to herself.

So about a year or 1 1/2 years (this covid time has messed everything up for me) ago, I lost my bank card. I knew it hadn't gone anywhere but possibly fell out of my purse in my car. I had only gone to work at 0700 and couldn't find when my shift was done, so I hadn't gone anywhere and had only used it at a drive thru for coffee before work. Sometimes when I do this, I toss it on the seat rather than put it in my purse and just grab it when I get out of the car.

I looked through my car several times, under the seats, in the back seat. Could not find it. Dumped everything from my purse (not a large one). Checked my wallet cuz that's where it is supposed to be put to keep order. Nowhere. So I got a replacement.

I have three main sections in my purse that I regularly use - pocket for keys, middle section for wallet and receipts and appointment cards and front section that I have very few items in (maybe a pen, a couple of gift cards).

Three days ago, I went to grab my debit card out of my purse and so grabbed from the middle section for my wallet. Oh, there's my debit card next to a recent appt card. Guess which one? Yep, the one I had lost how many months ago! Where the f*** did it come from? Have absolutely no idea.

I don’t believe it is anything paranormal, more a cognitive issue. I can be looking straight at something but don’t see it until Mrs T63 picks it up, shakes it at me, then walks away shaking her head and muttering to herself.
Yes but that’s a man looking for something :wink2: - I’m always doing that exact same thing with my husband, and growing up my mum and I with my dad. I always know to check myself when the males in my life look in a drawer, cupboard, box, shed, wherever, saying it’s not there. Often it’ll be just underneath something or out of sight, failing to spring out saying, “Here I am!” so therefore is nowhere to be found.

Yes but that’s a man looking for something :wink2: - I’m always doing that exact same thing with my husband, and growing up my mum and I with my dad. I always know to check myself when the males in my life look in a drawer, cupboard, box, shed, wherever, saying it’s not there. Often it’ll be just underneath something or out of sight, failing to spring out saying, “Here I am!” so therefore is nowhere to be found.
When my first wife was pregnant she regularly lost thing, most frequently her purse but car keys, door keys etc.,
I was always drafted in to the search for said items which would eventually be found in the fridge, oven, food cupboards or some other out of the way place. It was obviously due to her pregnancy and, I assume the effect of hormonal changes.

Last edited:
Had one of these incidents the other day -missis says where is kitchen roll (it always sits in the same place on kitchen worktop by sink) As she cannot see it, I go and have a look - not there or anywhere else on kitchen worktops so we decide it must have accidentally been thrown away (unlikely but just possible!). Ten minutes later I go to make cup of coffee - kitchen roll sitting in usual place by sink!

THEY have had one of my rear cycle lights - it was on the top of the trailer mid-week, then when the In-House GP went to charge it on Friday, it had vanished. I'm damn sure I haven't moved it, nor has Son No 2 - the Teenager hasn't been in the garage this week. IHGP has just ordered me a new one, so that should make Them return it, right?

Back