• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

It's the Gargalflaxian invasion fleet.
BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW OVERLORDS!

This 2021 photo taken on the ISS captures two huge mysterious glowing blue blobs in earth's atmosphere over the South China Sea.

BlueBlobs-2110.jpg
Bizarre blue blobs hover in Earth's atmosphere in stunning astronaut photo. But what are they?

An astronaut onboard the International Space Station (ISS) has snapped a peculiar image of Earth from space that contains two bizarre blue blobs of light glimmering in our planet's atmosphere. The dazzling pair may look otherworldly. But in reality, they are the result of two unrelated natural phenomena that just happened to occur at the same time.

The image was captured last year by an unnamed member of the Expedition 66 crew as the ISS passed over the South China Sea. The photo was released online Oct. 9 by NASA's Earth Observatory (opens in new tab).

The first blob of light, which is visible at the bottom of the image, is a massive lightning strike somewhere in the Gulf of Thailand. ...

The second blue blob, which can be seen in the top right of the image, is the result of warped light from the moon. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.livescience.com/astronaut-blue-blob-pair-atmosphere

When I was driving to work this afternoon there was a strange black thing floating in the sky. I didn’t get a good look because of trying not to hit people. I think it was a black bin bag it was pretty high up. I wonder if it had a helium ballon in it as some people do transport them in black bags. I did get it on my dashcam but it’s just a floating black blob in the distance.

A tent raised into the air by a whirlwind in Florida went viral.

FlyingTent-FL-2210.jpg
FlyingTent-FL-2210-B.jpg
‘A UFO! No, wait…’ Upside-down tent seen flying over Florida delights social media

An upside-down tent was seen floating over Florida, but the strangest part of the incident is that many Floridians don’t seem surprised. ...

Photos of the flying tent were posted on social media by meteorologist Matt Devitt of station WINK in Fort Myers, and he admitted “this was a new one.”

“How crazy is this?!” Devitt wrote in an Oct. 26 Facebook post. “Large tent spotted randomly floating high in the sky above Iona in Southwest Florida on Tuesday. Thankfully nobody was in it!” ...

The photo was credited to one of the station’s viewers, and Devitt had no doubt it was legitimate. He suspects the tent was “launched up by a surface whirlwind,” the same force often credited with sending inflatable bounce houses into the air. ...

And yes, flying Florida tent memes have already started to appear. ...
SOURCE: https://www.aol.com/ufo-no-wait-upside-down-120224560.html

A mysterious purple light seen in the California sky Halloween night prompted curiosity and residents' questions. It turned out to be a newly implemented victory signal for the city's professional basketball team.

Mystery light in California sky was Sacramento Kings' 'Victory Beam'

A mysterious purple light in the California sky sparked speculation of UFOs and other phenomenon on social media, but turned out to be part of a victory celebration for the Sacramento Kings.

Social media users in Sacramento reported a purple light in the sky on Halloween night, and some speculated the cause of the illumination could be from something out of this world ...

A representative for the Sacramento Kings said the purple light was the team's "Victory Beam," celebrating the team's victory over the Charlotte Hornets. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/11/02/mystery-light-Sacramento-Kings-Victory-Beam/7381667421363/

Looks like a legit bit of film to me. Sound profile seems correct too.

This is impressive: But might be CGI. ...

I can personally confirm it's not CGI. That's what a B-2 Spirit looks and sounds like at low flight altitude with its active noise suppression gizmos turned off. I've witnessed a B-2 in flight at the same relative close distance more than once.

I recommend you replay the video with the audio turned off and focus on the very earliest and last frames. When viewed directly from the front or rear, in flight and silent, this is the closest thing to a clear daytime sighting of a flying saucer I've ever seen.

When taking off and landing (as illustrated in this video) the B-2 is as noisy as any other multi-engine jet aircraft. When noise suppression is activated the sound suddenly ceases.

Not as noisy as some.

(She is still in shock at the sudden elevation of a heavy frame tent...)

Does anyone else think that they look like Darth Vader's helmet?

Reactions: BS3
I have a long standing habit of writing about Norwegian traffic camera's. For example here: https://uair01.blogspot.com/2022/12/from-strange-planet-54.html It's totally pointless, but relaxing.

Yesterday I was searching for new ones and I went here: https://webkamera.atlas.vegvesen.no/public/kamera?id=935906
And I saw this thing. I immediately thought: "that's a seagull flying through the picture from right to left".
This evening I looked again and it was still there. Then I saw what it was!

1672256678704.png

Ahah! The rarely spotted U.C.O.!

Unidentified Conal Object

Ahah! The rarely spotted U.C.O.!

Unidentified Conal Object
I've recently seen lots of them by the side of the motorway, just waiting.
Waiting, eerily motionless and silent.
Thankfully, I am always safe in my car when I encounter them.

They're just contrails. The grey smoke is the shadow of those clouds falling across the contrail.
The grey contrail seems to be changing course to the right and the most likely candidate is this flight which was about eighteen miles from Gosport at sunset.

EZY82QH.jpg

I took this photo as the sun appeared above the horizon in mid March this year. The aircraft with the dark contrail was a couple of thousand feet below the other and too low to be in sunlight.

C63A4759.jpg

Last edited:
A while ago I was on the back doorstep in the early hours, stargazing (not the best of places to do it due to streetlights) and for a good 20 seconds I would have sworn that there was a bright, cigar-shaped craft hovering just up to the right of me. Once my eyes adjusted I realised that it was a streetlight shining on one of the thick electric cables spanning from pole to pole.

There seems to be a flap of 'racetrack UFOs' in Brazil at the moment. These are UFOs that appear near the horizon and seem to 'race' back and forth in the sky in circles or figures-of-eight.

Mick West and the Metabunk member Flarkey have demonstrated quite conclusively that these phenomena are mostly or entirely caused by successive Starlink satellites following their scheduled orbits in the sky, and reflecting sunlight at particular angles.

There seems to be a flap of 'racetrack UFOs' in Brazil at the moment. These are UFOs that appear near the horizon and seem to 'race' back and forth in the sky in circles or figures-of-eight.

Mick West and the Metabunk member Flarkey have demonstrated quite conclusively that these phenomena are mostly or entirely caused by successive Starlink satellites following their scheduled orbits in the sky, and reflecting sunlight at particular angles.

Took this photo this morning at 10:05, thought there was something rather odd about it - obviously quite a large aircraft with extremely tight turning contrail? My location is on a very busy flightpath, so I'm very used to seeing large contrails overhead every day, but this one doesn't seem to conform to the norm.
Image was taken through a window - so a bit fuzzy in detail.
*Notice the dark line to the left of the contrail, it seems this is in fact a split between cloud formations, not any contrail shadow.
DSC00497.JPG

That is interesting.
Two things to note; the fact that this twisty contrail was large when you took the picture doesn't mean the plane that produced it was large; the contrail would have expanded over time, as all contrails do (until they dissipate completely). This may have been a small, acrobatic plane, perhaps a Hawk.
--------
Secondly the plane may have passed through a number of air currents which have subsequently moved the contrail in different directions- this is a phenomenon often noted during rocket launches, where it is sometimes labelled 'frozen lightning'. Here's a Russian launch from 2013; obviously the rocket's trail was originally dead straight, and it has been twisted by air currents.
contrail-russian-missile-e13825433196201.jpg

I do think that the twisty contrail is intriguing. At the very least it is a plane moving up and down through various atmospheric layers very rapidly.

I've seen a lot of military aircraft activity recently, and less than half of it appears on the public FlightRadar website; after all, there is a war on.

I do think that the twisty contrail is intriguing. At the very least it is a plane moving up and down through various atmospheric layers very rapidly.

I've seen a lot of military aircraft activity recently, and less than half of it appears on the public FlightRadar website; after all, there is a war on.
Well, in my immediate area we do get some pretty unusual stuff moving overhead on occasion. Even witnessed a glider going overhead (which are often to be seen flying above in numbers) a while back, with a version of a small jet-engine strapped above it, it sounded like it was malfunctioning as it was creating an awful noise overhead. Sent an email to the small airfield where it had landed (only one-and-a-half miles away across the valley) to report it just in case they had a need to know, but they never sent any reply back about it!

Back