• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

Brit travels the globe to find the world's worst toilet - and this is it

1663878906571.png

The world's most repugnant has been found - with the wall being used as toilet paper - after a travel journalist set out on a bizarre journey to uncover the globe's worst public toilet

The five foot ramshackle tent - with walls that double as loo roll - in northern Tajikistan is so bad those desperate enough to use it must stoop over sun-dried poo.

If that's not enough to put you off, Askey says that by far the "most repellent thing of all" was the fact that its fabric walls were used as SHARED toilet paper!

Upon entering the hole, he was left so disgusted to see that sections of the 'wall' had been torn off, used, and discarded on the cubicle floor.

According to Graham, the toilet in the Ayni region of Tajikistan - on the western edge of the Pamirs and not far from the Afghanistan border - is so vile that the locals refuse to use it unless "absolutely desperate".

Just for the record ... recently I cleaned some peppers and then without thinking visited the toilet. Don't do that lads! It really hurts and intensive rinsing of the afflicted part brings only slow relief.
Intensive rinsing...?

Water will make the burning sensation worse for a while.

The only instant cure is to plaster the nether regions in plain yoghurt. (Suppresses a snigger)

It'd probably be a bit messy though. It may even be good fun if you're married or have a partner.

Last edited:
Water will make the burning sensation worse for a while.

The only instant cure is to plaster the nether regions in plain yoghurt. (Suppresses a snigger)

It'd probably be a bit messy though. It may even be good fun if you're married or have a partner.
Banana also helps (stop it at once) really.

Just for the record ... recently I cleaned some peppers and then without thinking visited the toilet. Don't do that lads! It really hurts and intensive rinsing of the afflicted part brings only slow relief.

A colleague of mine once revealed that he’d been preparing a home-made hot curry with some thermonuclear peppers (think “hoop like Smaug’s nostril” hot) when his wife came home from work, feeling frisky. They repaired upstairs for some Barry White time…

Ten minutes later, all that was stopping her from strangling him was that she had to remain seated in her bath of cold water.

maximus otter

A colleague of mine once revealed that he’d been preparing a home-made hot curry with some thermonuclear peppers (think “hoop like Smaug’s nostril” hot) when his wife came home from work, feeling frisky. They repaired upstairs for some Barry White time…

Ten minutes later, all that was stopping her from strangling him was that she had to remain seated in her bath of cold water.

maximus otter
'Hot sex' is what she wanted...

Not much toilet for this money and time:

…the city of San Francisco is upping its toilet game and is prepared to spend up to $1.7 million to build a single commode in one neighborhood plaza.

City leaders are slated to gather Wednesday afternoon at the Noe Valley Town Square to officially announce a “$1.7 Million state budget win” to build a toilet there, according to an online event schedule. The proposed facility would include just one toilet in a 150-foot space, according to a new report by San Francisco Chronicle columnist Heather Knight.

The city’s Recreation and Parks Department and the Department of Public Works, which will work together to build the pricey potty, expect it will take three years to complete.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2022/10/san-francisco-fact-of-the-day-3.html

Not much toilet for this money and time:

…the city of San Francisco is upping its toilet game and is prepared to spend up to $1.7 million to build a single commode in one neighborhood plaza.

City leaders are slated to gather Wednesday afternoon at the Noe Valley Town Square to officially announce a “$1.7 Million state budget win” to build a toilet there, according to an online event schedule. The proposed facility would include just one toilet in a 150-foot space, according to a new report by San Francisco Chronicle columnist Heather Knight.

The city’s Recreation and Parks Department and the Department of Public Works, which will work together to build the pricey potty, expect it will take three years to complete.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2022/10/san-francisco-fact-of-the-day-3.html
Spending so much time and money on one loo in such a large space is suspicious.

From this excellent book:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36447149-the-royal-art-of-poison

Cesspits often burst through walls, either into the ground, leaching into groundwater and ending up in the nearest well, or into other rooms. On October 20, 1660, the London diarist Samuel Pepys had an unfortunate experience when the basement wall he shared with his neighbor was so saturated with human waste it leaked into his property. “When going down into my cellar,” he wrote, “I stepped into a great heap of turds by which I found that Mr. Turners house of office [cesspit] is full and comes into my cellar, which do trouble me.” No doubt it would trouble us all.

Some years ago I stopped to pick up an acquaintance, her car wouldn't start.
While I was waiting, I asked if I could use the bathroom - well I was soon sorry about that. I had not been to her apartment before, she and her boyfriend had been there a few years.
Anyway, I was astounded to see written on the bathroom wall, in large letters, in thick black magic marker, "Step closer, it's not as long as you think!"
I never went back there, and don't ask about the rest of the house! :)

I just remembered a note my mother left on the toilet after she noticed the seat was broken in such a way that if you closed the lid it would come unhinged. Unfortunately she was not clear on whether it was the seat or the toilet itself that was broken. Some time later my cousin came out of the bathroom with a worried look on his face and said "What does 'leave it up' mean?"

You could get a burning sensation when using a Manx toilet.

A local authority has condemned a spate of attempted arson attacks at public toilets in a town in the south of the Isle of Man.

Castletown Commissioners said blocks had been damaged near the town's tennis courts, harbour, and fire station. It coincided with an overall increase in anti-social behaviour around public toilets in the town, a spokesman for the board said. That included paper being used to set a bin alight in toilets at the town hall.

The incidents were being investigated by police, while the toilet block adjacent to the town hall was now being closed outside of the facility's opening hours as "an interim measure", the commissioners' spokesman said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-63756457

I'd like to see them try this out with a former colleague who would give a running commentary on what was happening, along with assorted farts, grunts, groans and splashes.

Listen to the toilet — it could detect disease #ASA183​

Microphone sensor and machine learning can classify excretion events, identify cholera or other bowel diseases, all without identifiable information

Reports and Proceedings
ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 5, 2022 – Cholera, a bacterial disease that induces diarrhea, affects millions of people and results in about 150,000 deaths each year. Identifying potential communal disease spread for such an outbreak would alert health professionals early and improve the allocation of resources and aid. However, for obvious reasons, monitoring this and other bowel diseases is a sensitive matter.
In her presentation, "The feces thesis: Using machine learning to detect diarrhea," Maia Gatlin of the Georgia Institute of Technology will describe how a noninvasive microphone sensor could identify bowel diseases without collecting any identifiable information. The presentation will take place Dec. 5 at 4:35 p.m. Eastern U.S. in Summit C, as part of the 183rd Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America running Dec. 5-9 at the Grand Hyatt Nashville Hotel.
https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/972604

"Fans were flushed with excitement." Fortunately they weren't flushed with excrement.

A "very, very fancy" toilet which once belonged to Beatles legend John Lennon has been placed on show.

Fans were flushed with excitement to see the porcelain convenience unveiled as the newest exhibit at Liverpool Beatles Museum.

The reveal was met with laughs, smiles, and a comment of "it's John's john".

The loo once once sat proudly at Lennon and Yoko Ono's home in Berkshire and has been loaned to the museum by a man who paid £1,000 for it at auction.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-63903409

The loo once once sat proudly at Lennon and Yoko Ono's home in Berkshire…

“Lennon composed one of his greatest hits Imagine in his bedroom in early 1971 while living at 18th century Tittenhurst Park at Sunninghill near Ascot, Berkshire.

The former Beatle was filmed and photographed while playing his hit on a white piano in the 18th century house which is now said to be worth £105million.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sion-John-Lennon-played-Imagine-extended.html

Imagine no possessions, l wonder if you can…

:rofl:

maximus otter

“Lennon composed one of his greatest hits Imagine in his bedroom in early 1971 while living at 18th century Tittenhurst Park at Sunninghill near Ascot, Berkshire.

The former Beatle was filmed and photographed while playing his hit on a white piano in the 18th century house which is now said to be worth £105million.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sion-John-Lennon-played-Imagine-extended.html

Imagine no possessions, l wonder if you can…

:rofl:

maximus otter
I drive past that place every time I visit my Mum. I think Ringo owns it now.

Not politics :)

1670614857307.png

From Forbes:

Here’s the poop on the latest rumors about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s health. The hashtag #PutinPoopedHimself began trending on Twitter after General SVR’s Telegram channel asserted that Putin had fallen down five steps on a staircase, landing on his coccyx. Not Cossacks, but coccyx, which is the medical term for tailbone. Apparently, the tailbone didn’t end there, though. According to General SVR, this fall caused Putin to “defecate involuntarily,” as opposed to defecate voluntarily on the stairs. The image of someone falling down stairs and then having some fecal release may seem rather different from the picture of Putin riding shirtless on a horse that emerged over a decade ago in 2009. However, Putin himself hasn’t been putting forth statements about any recent fall or his coccyx. So the question is whether the Telegram story is actually legitimate or simply a pile of you-know-what. [...]

So what about this General SVR? How reliable is this source? Just because the General says “Yes” does that mean you should say “Yes” too? Well, this certainly isn’t the first claim that the General SVR Telegram channel has made about Putin’s health. For example, in May 2022, the General SVR claimed that Putin had undergone surgery for some type of cancer diagnosis [...]

During an Aspen Institute Security Forum several months ago, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director William Burns did say that there’s been a lot of rumors about Putin’s health and “as far as we can tell, he’s entirely too healthy,” [...]

This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to automatically poo-poo all claims about anyone falling down stairs and defecating until you’ve actually seen the poo. You don’t have to always say, “I want the poo and nothing but the poo.” It does mean, however, that you should probably wait until you get confirmation from someone who is not anonymous and is instead a reliable—preferably medical—source before you believe anything said about Putin’s health. Anytime anyone anonymous tells you something, you’ve got to take it with a diaper-full of salt. Listening to an anonymous social media account can be like listening to graffiti on a bathroom stall. And you never know who may be putting something out there about Putin.

If Putin read that, he'd be a bit put out.

Back