• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This is minor as in not scary or earthshaking but it’s freaking me out anyway.… last night when I scooped my cats’ litter boxes before I went to bed I had one metal litter scoop, same one I’ve used for many years. The heavy metal ones are expensive and I’ve only ever had that one.

This morning there were TWO metal scoops. The “new” one was obviously used, was the same shape/size as mine but its handle is a different color and the “tines” are in a different pattern. And it was resting on top of a bag where I put the scattered litter I sweep up, where I would never place anything lol.

This is just so weird.

This is minor as in not scary or earthshaking but it’s freaking me out anyway.… last night when I scooped my cats’ litter boxes before I went to bed I had one metal litter scoop, same one I’ve used for many years. The heavy metal ones are expensive and I’ve only ever had that one.

This morning there were TWO metal scoops. The “new” one was obviously used, was the same shape/size as mine but its handle is a different color and the “tines” are in a different pattern. And it was resting on top of a bag where I put the scattered litter I sweep up, where I would never place anything lol.

This is just so weird.
The new scoop is from a parallel dimension. The 'you' in that dimension has just inexplicably lost their scoop.
During the night, the two dimensions must have momentarily merged together in that room.

The new scoop is from a parallel dimension. The 'you' in that dimension has just inexplicably lost their scoop.
During the night, the two dimensions must have momentarily merged together in that room.
I was actually thinking of asking my the my only cat-owning neighbor in my row of houses if she'd just lost her litter scoop but was afraid she'd think I was losing my mind (although weird stuff has happened in her house too).

Any chance of a photo of the two implements?
The one that just appeared is the one in the back with the dark blue at the edge of the handle. It originally appeared on top of the gray plastic bag to the right.

Attachments

• scoops.jpg
    scoops.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 42
The one that just appeared is the one in the back with the dark blue at the edge of the handle. It originally appeared on top of the gray plastic bag to the right.
I'm supposing that you bought two at different times. You have used both at different times and somehow have always put them somewhere where they've never been seen together. Even just another shelf, for example. When you do see one, you think it is the same one as you have been inattentively using to clean the box. We do many mindless tasks daily that we operate on autopilot most of the time.

It is only because the one was found where you wouldn't put it, that it came to your attention and you recognized two different scoops.

I have had this happen and, as I am the only person in the house, there is no other explanation.

:omg:Not an entirely reassuring thought, but better than thinking that I am really losing it.

Oh yeah, you have cats. They are crafty animals.

It's weird how things can come and go. I have 2 pairs of scissors which I keep together in an open container.
I use each for slightly different purposes.
Anyway I haven't been able to find the sharp blue pair for the last few days until this morning when I wasn't looking for them and they were sitting on the table next to my chair.

This is just so weird.
Question is, how did it, or could it suddenly appear on top of the bag? Could someone else have placed it there somehow thinking it was yours? Or, could you absentmindedly have picked it up from somewhere thinking that it was yours?

Had an online delivery today.
They left off the skinless hotdogs but gave us a 3 litre bottle of full cream milk which we can't drink.
I rang my friend who has a struggling family next to them and her husband will collect it and give it to them.

This is just so weird.
Bast only knows.

Any chance that it was a 'freebie' with the catlitter, that, unthinkingly (because you didn't need it) you took out of the bag and just laid on the top?

I had another 'closed window' incident the other night. Came upstairs and the bedroom window (which is never closed) was shut (but not fastened). At first I thought the window cleaners must have been, but there's no sign of their bill, which they usually shove through the door. It's been windy, but the window doesn't move in the wind, which is why I often have to get up in the night and close it.

Any chance that it was a 'freebie' with the catlitter, that, unthinkingly (because you didn't need it) you took out of the bag and just laid on the top?

I had another 'closed window' incident the other night. Came upstairs and the bedroom window (which is never closed) was shut (but not fastened). At first I thought the window cleaners must have been, but there's no sign of their bill, which they usually shove through the door. It's been windy, but the window doesn't move in the wind, which is why I often have to get up in the night and close it.
A public-spirited burglar who cares about energy loss to the environment.
I consulted Occam's Razor.

Out in a city today, walked past a supermarket next to a cafe. A homeless-looking elderly man was sitting on one of the cafe's outside chairs.
When I went back that way he was sitting on the ground nearby, having obviously been evicted from his seat.

As I was popping into the supermarket for a bottle of juice I asked if I could fetch him anything. He politely asked for a ham sandwich. I agreed and offered a Meal Deal which is the sandwich with a snack and a drink for not much more.

So off I went, made the purchases and emerged to find - no homeless man in sight.
He hadn't looked capable of moving so fast. I was only gone about 3 minutes!

A couple of supermarket employees were smoking nearby so I asked them where he'd gone.
Seems he'd done one the minute I turned my back, when the police rolled up and parked on the pavement.

Our finest Olympian sprinters could learn from him. :chuckle:

Out in a city today, walked past a supermarket next to a cafe. A homeless-looking elderly man was sitting on one of the cafe's outside chairs.
When I went back that way he was sitting on the ground nearby, having obviously been evicted from his seat.

As I was popping into the supermarket for a bottle of juice I asked if I could fetch him anything. He politely asked for a ham sandwich. I agreed and offered a Meal Deal which is the sandwich with a snack and a drink for not much more.

So off I went, made the purchases and emerged to find - no homeless man in sight.
He hadn't looked capable of moving so fast. I was only gone about 3 minutes!

A couple of supermarket employees were smoking nearby so I asked them where he'd gone.
Seems he'd done one the minute I turned my back, when the police rolled up and parked on the pavement.

Our finest Olympian sprinters could learn from him. :chuckle:
Was he Oscar worthy as well?

Was he Oscar worthy as well?
Hahaha, you mean was he pretending to be feeble? :chuckle:
Nah, he just assumed the rozzers wanted a chat and suddenly remembered a previous engagement.

My spontaneous sandwich offer may have looked compromising if I'd walked out with his refreshments in front of the Bizzies. They might have assumed he was begging, which he was not.

Back