• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bash Street Kids Are Fifty Today!

Blimey, the Beano. I learned to read, reading that when I was a kid. Might have been the Dandy. Definitely one of them. Or both of them.

Jumpers for goalposts hmmmmm hmmmmm

There really is a Bash Street - no school though

Real Bash Street unveiled in honour of Beano kids​

• Published
      26 February 2014

A real Bash Street has been unveiled in Dundee in honour of the naughty Beano school pupils The Bash Street Kids.
The new street sign, in the city's West Marketgait area, features Plug and Wilfred leaving messages for Teacher.
Plans for the street were put forward by Beano comic publishers DC Thomson, which is based in the city.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-26359708

Ah yes! Ever wondered why Plug was not called Coil? :thought:

There is a theory that all Leos descend from the Popes . . .

I often wondered why characters in the Beano and Dandy said 'oyaah!' when hurt, then I moved to Aberdeenshire...
Yup, sounds familiar. Usually followed by an "Oohyah. . . B******!" Though it's more of a Glaswegian expletive with more extensions ~ "usually."

Last edited:
Real life Bash Street Kids.

Pupils at Greasley Beauvale Primary School
IMAGE SOURCE, PA MEDIA Image caption, The pupils had "an absolute blast" creating the gag, their head teacher said

Pupils at a Nottinghamshire school are celebrating after winning the Beano's Britain's Funniest Class competition.

Indigo 1, a Year 5 class at Greasley Beauvale Primary School in Eastwood, will be immortalised by one of the comic's artists.

Their winning joke - "What happened to the maths teacher's garden? It grew square roots" - will also feature on the front cover.

Headteacher Michelle Bates said it was a unique experience for her students.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65705830

Pupils at a Nottinghamshire school are celebrating after winning the Beano's Britain's Funniest Class competition.

Their winning joke - "What happened to the maths teacher's garden? It grew square roots" - will also feature on the front cover.
Can't have had much competition.

<Whispers>

I dont think the Bash Street kids are a role model, somehow.

Back