• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hunt For 'Satanists' After Bizarre Ritual Discovered In New Forest

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
New Forest locals are no strangers to the sight of occult happenings, but even they were baffled by five suspected pig hearts left on a Bronze Age mound.

Police are now hunting for alleged Satanists after the organs were found by a member of the public, neatly arranged and surrounded by more than 20 candles.

TELEMMGLPICT000323003837_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2ZzU7dgG9xeVF_jhi9sma3dBljXG4x5TEZ73aQgxacg.jpeg

The unidentified person removed them and reported it to the police.

The bizarre discovery at Stagbury Hill in the Hampshire national park, at dawn on Jan 13, has prompted Hampshire Constabulary to step up patrols.

Stagbury Hill has protected status because of its complex of ancient Bronze Age burial mounds dating back to around 1500BC, mixed with ancient trackways, medieval rabbit warrens and the site of a barrow cemetery spread around the hill.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/01/23/police-hunt-new-forest-satanists-pig-heart-ritual/

maximus otter

That is a Trig Point. (Something to do with the Druids, though I am uncertain...)

Has a crime been committed?
Yeah. Good question. And how do they conclude that it was satanists? Those guys tend to get the attention they don't deserve a lot of the time. This seems pretty sane and magnanimous behaviour for magical prackers to offer a few tasty morsels to the local inhabitant divinities. OTOH, I'd be quite alarmed if I woke tomorrow and found this on my front lawn. To leave the tech just sitting there for Joe Bloggs to find is either really clumsy or deliberately designed to draw hype, either of which are dumb and certainly not the work of folk who know how magic operations need to go.

Last edited:
New Forest locals are no strangers to the sight of occult happenings, but even they were baffled by five suspected pig hearts left on a Bronze Age mound.

Police are now hunting for alleged Satanists after the organs were found by a member of the public, neatly arranged and surrounded by more than 20 candles.

TELEMMGLPICT000323003837_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2ZzU7dgG9xeVF_jhi9sma3dBljXG4x5TEZ73aQgxacg.jpeg

The unidentified person removed them and reported it to the police.

The bizarre discovery at Stagbury Hill in the Hampshire national park, at dawn on Jan 13, has prompted Hampshire Constabulary to step up patrols.

Stagbury Hill has protected status because of its complex of ancient Bronze Age burial mounds dating back to around 1500BC, mixed with ancient trackways, medieval rabbit warrens and the site of a barrow cemetery spread around the hill.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/01/23/police-hunt-new-forest-satanists-pig-heart-ritual/

maximus otter
To invoke the great god OS(*), opener of Ways and guide upon the Path.

(*) Ordnance Survey for our overseas friends.

Looks more like a prank to me. Doesn't matter, though, because whatever the real story is, it's a great thing to get all excited about if one is too stupid to think of something constructive to do with their energy.

I have no personal belief in religion, magic, the occult, or superstion. I respect the right of others to practise whatever rituals and rites they want- as long as it is done peacefully and with a reasonable consideration for others.

However from my limited knowledge of such things, this does not look like a real ritual. A putative deity or demon would surely expect the heart of one live pig, rather than some dead hearts bought from a butcher.

This looks like a bit of theatre: a stunt, hoax or merry jape.

Calling any and all occult-type activity "Satanic" is as inappropriate as calling all Eastern religions "Islamic". It shows a woeful, even insulting, degree of ignorance and prejudice.

Satanists, as in real worshippers of Satan, should get the same basic level of respect and unprejudiced reporting as any other religion.

Whipping up moral outrage, fear, or even ridicule, in a way that singles out Satanism as somehow inherently evil and worse than other religions is wrong. It may even be a hate crime.

Maybe 10 miles from where I used to live back in the 90s when they used to release pigs onto the Forest to eat the acorns as they are poisonous to the ponies. These pigs were ferocious beasts if you ever stumbled over them in a remote location as they essentially reverted back to wild boar (at least that is what they said in the pub, but I think more than a grain of truth)

Im just wondering about the significance of the Trig point.

Cursing Satnav users so they will get lost?

A prayer for accurate mapping?

Tapping into the National Trig Network for something or other?

Er…littering?

lt might be construed as a rather thin offence against s.5 Public Order Act 1986:

5 Harassment, alarm or distress.

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a) uses threatening or abusive words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening or abusive within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

lt might also be an offence under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979, but that's far outside the limited scope of my knowledge (and not something l dealt with on a day-to-day basis as a beat bobby…)

maximus otter

Did you see this type of crass wannabe exhibitionism in your time? Apart from what you’ve seen on this website, of course.

Er…no.

l did once deal with a teenage druggy who had a “black magic altar” in his squalid pad, complete with dead hedgehog adornment. l felt, however, that this was more about impressing susceptible girls than actual contact with the Prince of Darkness.

maximus otter

Littering by leaving the pig bits and candles there? If they'd danced round them in their underwear, smeared in swarfega, called on the devil to be their lord and master, then cleared up after them; probably not.
Surely anyone who practises any kind of ritualistic beliefs would know to clear up after themselves. This will just be a bunch of bored teenagers, probably after a biology dissection class (did anyone check whether the hearts had been opened?) thinking they'd get themselves in the papers.

A trig point would be the LAST thing one would use as an altar. So they should look for secondary age teenagers, who have no knowledge of maps or geography, but who had a biology dissection class within the last 24 hours.

Surely anyone who practises any kind of ritualistic beliefs would know to clear up after themselves. This will just be a bunch of bored teenagers, probably after a biology dissection class (did anyone check whether the hearts had been opened?) thinking they'd get themselves in the papers.

A trig point would be the LAST thing one would use as an altar. So they should look for secondary age teenagers, who have no knowledge of maps or geography, but who had a biology dissection class within the last 24 hours.
There's a noticeable lack of discarded cheap beer cans and bottles though.......

Back