• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Last edited:

Bolivian convict tries to escape max security prison disguised as a sheep.​

(or Back behind baaa-rs).

View attachment 63466

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cape-max-security-prison-disguised-SHEEP.html
Do sheep wear jeans? Not according to this celebrity
1676596755502.png

I can't stop laughing! When are you going into stand-up comedy??
Oh good grief no. For a whole load of reasons to do with my politics, lack of tolerance, and general world view, if I tried something like that I would either get attacked, chased out of town, or otherwise 'cancelled' for upsetting the easily offended.
It's hard enough watching what I write here on the FTMB - I can't imagine what sorts of trouble my gob would get me into out there in the real world.

Oh good grief no. For a whole load of reasons to do with my politics, lack of tolerance, and general world view, if I tried something like that I would either get attacked, chased out of town, or otherwise 'cancelled' for upsetting the easily offended.
It's hard enough watching what I write here on the FTMB - I can't imagine what sorts of trouble my gob would get me into out there in the real world.
Well I think you're hysterical, and though I don't wish to offend others, I will say that it's very easy to find offenses when one is busy looking for them! LOL

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere already, but I haven't seen it here.
'Mothman' has been seen in Chicago:

Witness Reports Group Sighting of "Large Man" with "Wings That Were Wider Than a Car" in Chicago's Little Village​

1676941270372.png

Manuel Navarette of UFO Clearinghouse said he received the following report out of Chicago’s Little Village earlier this month.

I was just hanging out with my friends in the alley by the panaderia (Mexican Bakery). We use the alley and the parking lot to skateboard and just hang around and talk. There were five of us and we saw this thing standing on top of the flea market across the parking lot. It looked like a large man, but he had wings that were wider than a car. It was watching us, and it had very bright red eyes that looked like the taillights of a car. It stood there making these chirping noises that we could clearly hear, even from across the parking lot.
It stood there for about a minute watching us, it made us all feel like we were in danger and that it was after us. It then shot straight into the air and flew over us, the entire time it kept watching us as it flew over. My friend wanted to run but we told him to stay still, or it might chase us, and it would lead it to where we lived.
I silently prayed to La Virgin de Guadalupe for protection and this thing kept flying away from us and headed off in the direction of the arch.
It made us all very scared and when we talked about it the next day, we felt that one of my friends’ ex-girlfriends might have sent it after us. She practices Brujeria [Latin American witchcraft] and it just seems like something she would do. If it was meant to scare us, then it did what it was supposed to do as all of us were scared out of our wits.
According to Navarette, the sighting took place on Sunday, February 5th, at about 11:00 p.m.

The investigator said he was able to speak with the initial witness who submitted the report, "and he stated that they usually would go out to the parking lot and alley behind La Baquette Bakery, a local bakery that has been a staple of the Little Village neighborhood for many countless years."

https://www.singularfortean.com/new...e-wider-than-a-car-in-chicagos-little-village

Is this a recent encounter or one of his old ones? I bought his book 'After' (must have been on Kindle offer I wouldn't have paid £4.99 for it). I didn't find anything convincing but it was interesting enough. I can't bring myself to click on a link to the S** ... sorry. :)

The Link Between Wombat Poo And Lava Revealed

Carver and co-authors were inspired by the regular hexagonal rock formations seen at Ireland’s Giant's Causeway and some other volcanic sites. These have been explained by cracking induced by rapid cooling at the surface of the lava, while the stone-to-be remains hot inside.

Wombat intestines are not similarly molten, but the team suspected the drying process performs an equivalent role. After experiments involving corn flour in troughs blasted by heat lamps, the authors found the shape of poo is dictated by its moisture content within the intestine. Animals with less than 70 percent moisture in their feces produce pellets, which Carver defined as “length being not more than twice the width”.

https://apple.news/A_hjqG4s7SPWoxwt18YDBhw

maximus otter

Back