• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Russell Brand 2014 in 2 minutes and 51 seconds:

George Monbiot tears Russell Brand a new one in today's Guardian.

Monbiot used to admire Brand, but condemns his last 50 or so videos about such diverse matters as vaccines, the WEF, WHO, the Great Reset, the Canadian government, agriculture etc. as dangerously deluded misinformation.
Brand, with his millions of followers on social media, is capable of influencing large numbers of (primarily) young people. Now that he has become a conspiracy pedlar though, is that influence a malign one?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-brand-politics-public-figures-responsibility

Last edited:
This is just me, not trying to convert anyone away from the Cult of Brand, but I really do hate and despise him. Creepy git.

Not surprised to learn that his latest fad is basic science-denial. He's like a teenager who thinks it's big and clever to disagree with his parents.

Monbiot used to admire Brand, but condemns his last 50 or so videos about such diverse matters as vaccines, the WEF, WHO, the Great Reset, the Canadian government, agriculture etc. as dangerously deluded misinformation.
Brand, with his millions of followers on social media, is capable of influencing large numbers of (primarily) young people. Now that he has become a conspiracy pedlar though, is that influence a malign one?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-brand-politics-public-figures-responsibility
People hate him now as he is sober and has beaten his addictions but the Guardian is just the same as the Daliy Mail but with diffrent views and some off the readers comments on both papers are so sour puss.

He was covered in the podcast The New Gurus which is available on BBC Sounds - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001g9sq

I had no idea he'd reinvented himself in this way, and I'd be surprised if he believed even half of what he was spouting.
Without wanting to sound rude, if I wanted to know what's true and what isn't the last place I look would be the BBC.

People hate him now as he is sober and has beaten his addictions but the Guardian is just the same as the Daliy Mail but with diffrent views and some off the readers comments on both papers are so sour puss.
I hated him on sight, many years ago. He has that fake ingenuous expression that I recognise from experience of dealing with predators.

To give him credit, when he was in his 20s, a couple of times a week he used to visit a friend of his who was pregnant and single and she used to breast feed him.

I've never heard Russell Brand speak so I can't comment on the content. How do you know Brand's content is dangerously deluded misinformation? He may be telling truth about what ever it is he talks about or even partial truths. He may also being spouting rubbish.

I've never heard Russell Brand speak so I can't comment on the content. How do you know Brand's content is dangerously deluded misinformation? He may be telling truth about what ever it is he talks about or even partial truths. He may also being spouting rubbish.
BMCS isn’t saying Russell Brand’s content is dangerously deluded misinformation. George Monbiot is. He’s a journalist who has investigated Brand’s output. It’s an opinion piece with supporting links.

BMCS isn’t saying Russell Brand’s content is dangerously deluded misinformation. George Monbiot is. He’s a journalist who has investigated Brand’s output. It’s an opinion piece with supporting links.
Thanks for the correction. I misread the original post. Sorry BMCS.

I hated him on sight, many years ago. He has that fake ingenuous expression that I recognise from experience of dealing with predators.
I met him on set in Hartlepool when we were filming Hospital People and he was lovely but Jimmy Neil, Tom Hardy complte bellends...predators i have heard but that can be the same for any of top entertainers and so called Urban Myths...I stll like watching Red Dwarf.

..predators i have heard but that can be the same for any of top entertainers and so called Urban Myths...I stll like watching Red Dwarf.

eh? what happened with Red Dwarf?

Oh, dear - real divided loyalties on this one.

I started out, about a decade or more back, disliking Russell Brand. His comedy did nothing for me. I disliked his girly-man act (which he openly admitted was a ruse to pull women). In fact, I shared some of Escargot's instinctive distrust of predators (mixed in with a bit of male jealousy in my case!) I didn't much appreciate his Recovered -Junky schtick. I was a bit put off by his Estuary accent (which I'm not so proud of). Also I recognised in his trademark verbal word-salad the pose of a self-taught man eager to show how intelligent he is. And he had a book out called `My Booky-Wook`!

So there was much to dislike. Then I started to hear that he was talking about a need for `revolution` and just thought he was playing at being Che Guevara. Then, however, I read an article of his about the death of Margaret Thatcher - and it was well written, nuanced, thoughtful and coming from a good place. He went up in my estimation.

Since that time I've seen Youtube vlogs by him which I consider to be worthwhile, positive and well argued. In fact, he remains one of the few British commentators to attempt a balanced and objective view of the terrible Russo-Ukranian war.

Yet, clearly, Monbiot is on to something. The trouble is, Monbiot is an establishment figure, even though hw is on the left. His article comes across as an official denunciation by a poshocrat.

Mr Monbiot: if you want to effectivley argue aginst someone's opinions you do have to quote them and then say why they are wrong - not just label them as `conspoiracists` and `anti-science`.

Other people - vloggers - have been saying the same thing as Monbiot before he did. For example there's a left-leaning guy on Youtube calling himself The Kavernacle who posted recently on how Brand has `sold out` to the right. (I won't share that here as it would only get taken down for being political).

It does seem that Brand is going the same way as Jordan Peterson - that is, he has become a bankable industry and is possibly being leaned on by his advisers about what is and isn't popular with his fans. I never fully agreed with Peterson, but, at one time, I do think he was worth listening to. Now he has become a self-important grifting ranter - and it looks as though Brand is headed in the same direction.

He is just so repulsive I can't look at him. I watched a video of his once ages ago when the "Parklife" gag was going around to see what the fuss was about but I couldn't finish it.

He has found, as have many others others, that the more crap he talks, the more clicks he gets. Even if he doesn't believe it himself yet, he will.

To give him credit, when he was in his 20s, a couple of times a week he used to visit a friend of his who was pregnant and single and she used to breast feed him.

longS5.png

Back